What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spa Life Time Heater Warranty?  (Read 13983 times)

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
Cal Spa Life Time Heater Warranty?
« on: December 07, 2006, 01:16:03 pm »
I have had some customers telling me that the local Cal Spa dealer has a lifetime warranty on their heater. Of course the website says nothing about it. Has anyone seen this, or have a copy of it?

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spa Life Time Heater Warranty?
« on: December 07, 2006, 01:16:03 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Cal Spa Life Time Heater Warranty?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 01:35:19 pm »
 If it's a factory deal, you should be able to get confirmation from Cal's website- you'd think they'd want to brag that up big time.  
 Or perhaps some Cal people here would chime in.
If it's just a dealer thing, fine as long as the dealer puts it in writing, and is in business when you need.  I wouldn't expect that another dealer or corporate would honor it.  Not saying they wouldn't, I just wouldn't expect it.

Be sure what is exactly covered- is it just the heater, does it also include labor?
Etc.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 01:36:12 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:41:24 pm »
It used to be the heater body.  They would call it the heater, but it was just the body.

How is lifetime defined?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Ehizzle

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 01:42:20 pm »
From what Ive heard its just the heater. The one customer I talked to said they were talking up the fact that the water element never touches the water. :-?

Ehizzle

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 01:46:44 pm »
Hottubdan,
Im not sure. Im trying to get my hands on a copy of it so I can read the whole thing, cause they might say its lifetime unter the heater section. Then, under a different section it might say prorated or a bunch of stuff voids it, you know. But, the main customer that was telling me about it only looked at the heater part they pointed to.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:31 pm »
About how much does a typical spa heater cost, anyway?  Are they really expensive?

Brewman

Chris_H

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 01:57:45 pm »
I went and read the warranty.  It does say "Lifetime" on the heater, but I could not find any information which dictates what "Lifetime" infers.

They did leave themselves an out with the statement that improper water chemistry will void the warranty.

HotSpring only has a 5-year warranty on their heater.  It is referred to as "No-Fault" because improper water chemistry does not void it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 02:32:32 pm »
The warranty has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.  My personal favorite is if you move the spa across the street it voids the warranty.

I have read that warranty numerous times and never caught that.  Good catch.

Ehizzle

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 03:50:07 pm »
Maybe its the lifetime of a Labradoodle.  ;D

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:10 am »
5 years labour  and Yes lifetime on the part as long as you own your tub   There is no element immersed in the water & that is the reason it is that long  bad water chemistry will void only if it eats throught the metal.

The Cal warranty is mostly the same as many manufacturers in certain areas you can place a clear copy of a Jacuzzi Sundance Coast Cal and a Couple others on top of each other and will match up word for word.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 06:52:33 am »
5 years labour  and Yes lifetime on the part as long as you own your tub   There is no element immersed in the water & that is the reason it is that long  bad water chemistry will void only if it eats throught the metal.

The Cal warranty is mostly the same as many manufacturers in certain areas you can place a clear copy of a Jacuzzi Sundance Coast Cal and a Couple others on top of each other and will match up word for word.

With a heating element not touching the water it is also about half as effiecient. Meaning slower heating times and more energy used to heat the same water.
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 07:45:21 am »
How does the heat transfer into the water if the heating element doesn't directly contact the water?
Brewman

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
re: How does the heat transfer into the water if the heating
element doesn't directly contact the water?

Exclusive 5.5 kW XL Heat Exchanger

Heating coils are wrapped around a heating chamber through which water safely passes as it is immediately and efficiently heated.

Coils are thus are isolated from water contact and protected against any possible corrosion, the key cause of heater failure.

The heating chamber's large surface area allows for a greater volume of water to be more quickly heated.

High-density insulation ensures utmost thermal retention and maximum heat transfer to the spa water.

CalSpas Lifetime Warranty

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 10:35:39 am »
re: How does the heat transfer into the water if the heating
element doesn't directly contact the water?

Exclusive 5.5 kW XL Heat Exchanger

Heating coils are wrapped around a heating chamber through which water safely passes as it is immediately and efficiently heated.

Coils are thus are isolated from water contact and protected against any possible corrosion, the key cause of heater failure.

The heating chamber's large surface area allows for a greater volume of water to be more quickly heated.

High-density insulation ensures utmost thermal retention and maximum heat transfer to the spa water.

CalSpas Lifetime Warranty

It is exclusive.  Not because it is a special technology, but becuase no other manufacturer chooses to use it.  Hmm.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 10:35:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42