What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: expert and owners opinions  (Read 5069 times)

glfahlc

expert and owners opinions
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:25:40 pm »
been researching some possible alternatives to the thermospa lexington... what do you think of the dynasty excalber baron 3000 hot tub and the spa crest 501 duchess series II. construction, warranty, durability, price and any other important factor i may not have mentioned. we are empty nesters so a 3 person tub is all we need. also, this spa will be indoors in a solarium. is it safe to have a ozonator with indoor applications? i appreciate your input and expertise..

Hot Tub Forum

expert and owners opinions
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:25:40 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: expert and owners opinions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:05:41 pm »
I have no experience with any of the tubs but there are some people who have Thermo and our moderator has a Dynasty and they like them. I never heard of Spa Crest but that doesn't say much.

My advice is to go with what you like and not worry what people may say. Every tub manufacturer has people slinging mud at them, some deserve it and some don't.

I don't know what your price range is but for a 3 person tub you have a lot of different options. Many manufacturers can probably be had for about $6000 or less.

As far as ozonators, you shouldn't use them indoors unless you have a lot of ventillation, quite honestly you can do without one.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 12:51:39 am »
I have never heard of either brand.  Sorry that I cant help you.  I would suggest that you look at some of the more brand names or companies that have been around for a bit so that you can compare the quality.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:05:59 am »
Three person spa?  I've got the perfect one for you, the Hot Spring Jetsetter, with DX Moto Massage!!   I wouldn't recommend it to you, if I didn't own one myself.   :)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 10:16:29 am »
I have no experience with any of the tubs but there are some people who have Thermo and our moderator has a Dynasty and they like them. I never heard of Spa Crest but that doesn't say much.

My advice is to go with what you like and not worry what people may say. Every tub manufacturer has people slinging mud at them, some deserve it and some don't.

I don't know what your price range is but for a 3 person tub you have a lot of different options. Many manufacturers can probably be had for about $6000 or less.

As far as ozonators, you shouldn't use them indoors unless you have a lot of ventillation, quite honestly you can do without one.

Really? I never heard that before.  

I have heard of  a very few,  reports of people getting a sore throat, but these folks were usually sales folks or dealers in a showroom full of tubs and were exposed to severe levels for prolonged periods of time, and the instances were extremely rare.

Dealers keep thier tubs running indoors, and I don't  think it causes any problems. Dealers? Whaddya say?

I know of a few folks who have indoor spas with O3 and have no problems. Yes, ventilation is important, more so for the humidity, but it would also take care of any o3 issues.  Any tub indoors needs proper vents, so I don't think it's an issue.

You and I have also debated the benifits of O3,  For me, I think it works wonderful, but I do know you've seen mininal results.  PErsonay, I recomend them.  But yes, you can go with out one.  But  I wouldn't.   :)

You know, inside a sollarioum  I could picture one of the Wooden tubs by Dr Spa.  The only issue is it's more of a hot tub than spa, but I could imagine a great install.

Doc, when is my commision check comming?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:18:33 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

glfahlc

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:39 am »
Three person spa?  I've got the perfect one for you, the Hot Spring Jetsetter, with DX Moto Massage!!   I wouldn't recommend it to you, if I didn't own one myself.   :)

i've looked at the jetsetter, my only problem with that one is the louge has no jets for the legs [calves and thighs]. i want the max jets i could get with air to boot... the ones i mentioned above have it all.

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:20 pm »
check out Bullfrogs model 331 or 451 they have all of the features you listed.  We have the 451 model and although its called a 5 person tub 3 people would be about the most I would have in it at one time.  Bullfrog makes a good tub at a good price without a load of bells and whistles

Good luck with your search
Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 05:07:10 pm »

Doc, when is my commision check comming?  ;)

Commissions are paid after the sale, not during the sales pitch. We typically pay within 4 years, unless you've abused things and allowed the pH to rise too high, in which case we work out a prorated deal. If you happen to move before your commission is paid though, you forfeit it, along with owing a 25% restocking charge. Until that time, I would be more than happy to comp you free shipping on any order you place over $70.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:13:00 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:30 pm »
Drewstar, I will assume that you are refering to the ozone ... here's something from Doc's site:

http://www.rhtubs.com/indoor-ozone-danger.htm

MACK

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:28:29 am »
http://www.hotdirecttubs.com/starboard.html you may check this spa out . I have friends that has had one like it for three years and sitll going. there is dealers out there on their web page,Hawkeye spa, but the price is two thousand higher at dealer. I bought it cause it was what I liked and the factory is close to me, and I,ve been to the factory and feel I can deal with the factory and my dealer. and dealer letting me pick it up from factory. Big saveing, best of luck on your spa decision

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:28:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42