What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When the moon is full!  (Read 5602 times)

anne

Re: When the moon is full!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 12:03:55 pm »
that moon was shining bright last night when I got home from a meeting. I heard this loud sound coming from the woods. It was kind of a growling screeching/scream  sound. Nothing that I have ever heard before...anyway I had second thoughts about the tub last night..that sound really freaked me out. I know it was an animal but I don't think we have wild cats or cougars around...so whoooooo knows what it was??? :o

I wish I had woods by my house with animals growling at night.

It was probably something much smaller than a cougar. It is amazing how BIG a creature can sound when it is either in distress or being territorial or whatever. Doubtfully anything to worry about unless it wants to use your tub.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 12:03:55 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 12:23:25 pm »
What ever it was, it was in distress. I probably should have tried to find it...I just had no idea of what it could have been...It sounded cat like but very loud.
Geeeeze, I hope that wasn't Vinny I heard!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:22 pm »
Naw, I have been feeling like garbage the past few days ... I haven't been anywhere near the other side of Philly!

Based on what you heard, I guess instead of howling at the moon I better get out there and mark my territory, now where did I put my gallon jug of water ...

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 07:46:28 pm »
Why do you need a jug to mark your territory? I hear marking your territory keeps the deer away....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:35 pm »
Why do you need a jug to mark your territory? I hear marking your territory keeps the deer away....

I need something inputted to be able come out when I mark... No input, no output.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 07:52:02 pm »
Ahhhhhhhhhhh I get it............... duhhhh:-[ ;D ;D ;D

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »
Don't worry MLG it takes everyone a while to get some of Vinny's jokes. I've been around here for more than a year and still don't catch some of them. Once you get the hang of it though you find yourself ROFL quite often.

Steve

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:57 pm »
Bonnibelle,
If the screaming sound sorta sounded like a old lady screaming it might have been a bobcat. They will send shivers up and down your spine when they scream. We have quite a few here in upstate NY. Nothing to worry about from them as they are usually not much bigger than a full sized house cat and don't like to be seen but aren't shy about screaming in the night. It was a great night to soak and I kept thinking the following: When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie it's "AMORE"

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »
Don't worry MLG it takes everyone a while to get some of Vinny's jokes. I've been around here for more than a year and still don't catch some of them. Once you get the hang of it though you find yourself ROFL quite often.

Steve

I get a kick out of stupid jokes.  My wife just shakes her head and my sons roll their eyes.

Not everyone understands them or appreciates them but luckily for me I work with a bunch of guys who crack stupid jokes all day long.

If it gets someone to laugh or smile - great!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 09:58:37 pm »
I thought I saw a bobcat about a month ago. everybody kept telling me I was dreaming...no way,,but the cat I saw was much bigger than a normal house cat with pointy ears and a stump for a tail.

It did really sound like a scream of distress. If there were bobcats around wouldn't we see them or hear them more often?
I was wondering if a fox could make that kind of sound if it was hurt...oh well who knows..I just knew I didn't want to be out hearing that and not knowing what it was!...or where it was :o :o

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 07:05:12 am »
Bonibelle,
You might have seen a bobcat. Your description sounds like a bobcat. They can be as big as 30-40lbs but not usually. The bobcat covers a large area and are very nocturnal. They are rarely seen in the wild but that doesn't mean they are not there. I have one that comes around every couple of years. I hear ir but only got a glimpse of it once at night. If you did see one consider yourself lucky as it doesn't happen very often.

anne

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 10:11:05 am »
I'm guessing bobcat too. I'm still envious! They are extremely reclusive, so if it was a bobcat, you have nothing to worry about.
Dance like nobody's watching

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:08 am »
Now I need to get Galen to tell me how to set up a night vision camera so I can see if it could be a bobcat!
Last night I got a tearful call from a good friend and her daughter. She had hit a red fox, it was alive and seemed stunned. She was sobbing and I had no idea of what to do. After a few calls I was able to contact an animal rehabilitator who told me to wait until morning to go looking for the injured fox. I wasn't off that call when my friend called back to say the fox got up, walking pretty wobbly and then trotted off into the woods. I hope he was just stunned and not suffering. :'(
I called her this morning and made her swear that he ran off and  that she wasn't trying to make me feel better, but she said he ran under a fence and into the woods.
Guess I have really taken this thread way off track...sorry

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 10:27:52 am »

Habitat

Bobcats are found in almost all types of habitat -- except metropolitan areas -- especially in mountains and even in desert areas where water is available. In fact it ranges through all four deserts of the American Southwest, but favors rocky, brushy hillsides on which to live and hunt.
Description

The name Bobcat may have originated from its short tail, which is only 6 or 7 inches long. The end of its tail is always black, tipped with white, which distinguishes the Bobcat from its northern cousin, the Canadian Lynx, whose tail is tipped solid black.

The Bobcat has long legs and large paws. Large specimens can weigh up to 30 pounds, but the average Bobcat is only 15 to 20 pounds. The Bobcat's growls and snarls are so deep and fearsome, particularly when hidden from view, that one gets the mis-impression it must be a Mountain Lion.

Geographic variations have some effect on their color. Those found in timber and heavy brush fields are darker with rust-colored tones, while those found in the Great Basin area of northeastern California generally are a paler tawny-gray, often with a complete absence of spots on the back and less distinct markings. The coat in wintertime is a beautiful fur.

taken from:
http://www.desertusa.com/april96/du_bcat.html

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:31:38 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 10:27:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42