What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Defrosting a cover???  (Read 4415 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Defrosting a cover???
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »
So here we are in December, not a drop of snow, but yesterday with the unusual warm temperatures, we had flooding in Southern Ontario.  This is unheard of.  50mm in 6 hours.  It was unbelieveable, my work declared a state of emergency.  I had to work OT.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 07:12:16 pm »
So here we are in December, not a drop of snow, but yesterday with the unusual warm temperatures, we had flooding in Southern Ontario.  This is unheard of.  50mm in 6 hours.  It was unbelieveable, my work declared a state of emergency.  I had to work OT.

Wow

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 08:21:11 am »
Water levels are coming back to normal now, Today it is finally getting cold.  I know that it wants to snow, I hope soon, I cant wait to tub in the snow again.  

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 12:56:55 am »
You know, for all the fun some people poke at the Arctic guys for standing on their covers at trade shows, it was quite refreshing to hop right up on mine and shovel off ~1 inch of ice plus some snow and then take nice dip at 102F last week in short order.  That was some really heavy stuff.  But once I got some leverage, it came off in pretty big chunks and the cover is no worse for it.  

anne

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 02:21:17 am »
My cover will probably never have snow on it,  8-) but how do you shovel snow off without tearing the cover with the metal edge of a shovel? I am sure that you cold weather people are laughing your asses off at such a silly question, but it has been plaguing me.
Dance like nobody's watching

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 07:10:26 am »
Anne,
Not a dumb question. I use a poly type material on the shovel I use. Even with that you have to be careful. I use a pushbroom to breakup the ice by pounding on it and then sweep it off. I believe you could a lot of damage to the cover if your in a hurry and not paying attention to what your doing.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 07:46:23 am »
I use a broom to push the snow off.  For Ice I use one of the little kid snow shovels (plastic and about 2 1/2 foot long)  Its very kind to the cover and works well.  Its snowing hard now and expect 8 inches today 5-6 tonight and another 3 on Friday.....Of course its lake effect so it could be 4 ft or 4 inches.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 07:46:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42