What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: An other weird one  (Read 3388 times)

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
An other weird one
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:20:50 pm »
last night I was unable to sleep.
I got up at 1:30am and jumped in the tub. At 3:00 am I woke up ( still in the tub).
I felt like well done and went back to bed.
at 6:00 am i walked dowstares and downed a half a gallon water.

Did this happend to anybody else here?

Hot Tub Forum

An other weird one
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:20:50 pm »

anne

Re: An other weird one
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:00:44 pm »
I have fallen asleep in the tub, but never for that long. Shows that you still sweat though, even though you cannot tell. But I think I'm habitually a bit better hydrated since tub ownership, as I drink a big glass of iced tea or water every time I'm out there. Except for sitting in the tub, I always forget to drink water, and even when I do have a water bottle at work, I leave it on some counter and forget about it all day.
Dance like nobody's watching

IDW

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 01:12:30 am »
Good thing you did not drown

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 05:04:45 am »
I passed out once for 45 min in the tub after a night shift.  I awoke suddenly when I slipped under water.  It scared the crap out of me, So now if I am really tired and no one is around, I am cautious about how long I stay in.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:33:51 am »
I honestly need to say that it felt good sleeping in the tub.
I layed in the lounger had my arms out of the tub.
I this position i don't tend to overheat that quick

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:31:48 am »
I have fallen asleep in the tub for over an hour, but not in years.  It is kind of frightening when you awaken and actually find out how long you've been out.

tileman

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:15:50 am »
You guys need to seriously be more careful. :o
I find that I get more energized when I soak. Then about 15-30 minutes after I get out, it's lights out.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 09:23:59 am »
So how warm was the tub?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 12:10:21 pm »
right around 100

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 12:18:32 pm »
Wouldn't a person wake up if they were sleeping in a hot tub and slipped under the water??????

I mean I very seriously doubt someone would be physically able to sleep through drowning would they?

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 12:33:18 pm »
if i doze off in the hot tub, my jack russell terrier wakes me up...its happened a few times...its kinda funny that this dog feels the need to watch over me in the hot tub or the pool....

anne

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 01:18:15 pm »
Wouldn't a person wake up if they were sleeping in a hot tub and slipped under the water??????

I mean I very seriously doubt someone would be physically able to sleep through drowning would they?

I'm with you there, Zep..... Unless one was really drunk, or somehow hit his head as he slipped underwater, and I just think the chances of a blow that hard in that situation is not possible.....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 01:18:46 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 06:33:22 pm »
I don't know if it possible to drown in there, but i was not concernd with that.
I layed in the launger. It felt god. I never thought about it that I could drown.

Is this danger or not????

I will not try to be the one to answere zep's question
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:35:06 pm by hot_tub_Frank »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:18:51 am »
yeah when I slipped under the water while sleeping, I woke up right away.  Kind of like when the wife suprises you at night with a special treat!!!

...................cookies!

dkersten

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 02:11:16 pm »
Since the hot water will lower your blood pressure, it is possible under the right medical conditions to pass out and drown, however once you start breathing water, your body is going to kick in the adrenaline and that will usually elevate your blood pressure and allow you to wake.

However, if you were drinking a lot of alcohol, which will lower blood pressure too, you could potentially pass out and not wake up, despite the adrenaline boost.  If you are not very healthy to begin with, the lower blood pressure could starve your brain of oxygen and eventually go into a shock or stroke from the heat combined with lack of oxygen.  Low enough blood pressure and you wouldnt even be able to reflexively respond if you slipped under the water.

Falling asleep is another matter since the lower blood pressure and the relaxed muscles from the heat are just allowing you to doze off.. Big difference between passing out and falling asleep.  The moment you start to take in water instead of air you would react to it and wake up.

I am no doctor or anything, but I have consulted physicians about the blood pressure changes from the heat.  Regardless of your health though, I would not soak alone when really tired.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 02:11:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42