What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Marquis Cabinet  (Read 7825 times)

MarKee

Re: New Marquis Cabinet
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 04:48:32 pm »
I have no idea if a coverlift will be available.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 04:48:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 05:10:49 pm »
While I applaud the creativity and the desire to try new things, this particular design just ain't working for me...

In the proper setting that could look nice but it's a bit much for me. I prefer the fake rock look on Zep's spa (can't remember the brand ;)) but then again, this isn't meant to be a huge seller but more of a nitch so you can't expect universal appeal.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 05:17:32 pm »
You're right spatech, this won't fit most people's back yard surroundings.  It would look hideous on a wood deck.  This is meant for someone who is looking for something that can be blended into a landscape rather than a traditional hot tub that usually looks out of place.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 07:37:05 pm »
 Having done at least a 1000+ deliveries I think it might be a little tricky moving that on its side, guess it all depends on how they package it.

I think looks wise its ok but in the right setting,I wonder how easy it comes off to get to the equipment and or any leaks if one springs up?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 09:06:06 pm »
Having done at least a 1000+ deliveries I think it might be a little tricky moving that on its side, guess it all depends on how they package it.

I think looks wise its ok but in the right setting,I wonder how easy it comes off to get to the equipment and or any leaks if one springs up?

I guess you'd have to get out the jackhammer to blast through the rock! ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 04:37:24 pm »
Jack hammers, pneumatic drills, and a teeny bit of dynamite or whatever explosive you have, just like Mt. Rushmore.  
Brewman

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »
finally see it.  That looks really cool.  I hope it looks better then those rock speakers that were created a few years back.

MarKee

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 07:41:18 pm »
I think it comes off in panels if service is required.  It will be interesting to see how it fastens to the spa and if the spa has a cabinet underneath or just foam and plumbing.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 03:01:52 pm »
Just got in from Vegas. The cabinet looks great it ships separate from the spa and in sections for easy spa service should it be needed.. I do not see how a cover lifter works and thats a concern for me. But its looks very nice and in the right setting will be very attractive. If this look works for your setting than it is the most realistic of the rock cabinets I saw at the show by far. There were some other things out there that were also very nice (surrounds) but it seems a cover lift is after thought with all of them also.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 03:20:55 pm »
LOL @ Spatech t.u.o.!

I agree....I prefer my CalSpas rock look over the new "boulder" Marquis look.

But the Marquis rock look may look good in a lagoon backyard setting.

I know the rock look is not for everybody.

The CalSpas rock look was a $500 upgrade when I bought.

As far as delivery I would assume the rock panels are removeable
just like any other spa panels......my rock panels are removable.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:38:39 pm by Zep »

anne

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 03:35:32 pm »
I'd call it tacky, but that is just me.
Dance like nobody's watching

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 04:14:08 pm »

A bold opinion from one poor picture. I would guess most would have a different opinion than the comments made here if you saw the product in person I know from speaking with other manufactures at the show (the competition) that those I spoke with made comments about how nice it was. Like what someone mentioned here a lagoon type setting is perfect. It does look very very real and unlike the siding used on some other units ( a square box with rock siding, which is not bad if you like it) this is a more of a complete(almost like a sunken) look that is much more of a built in style with steps that are forming as is a side bar area none of which are seen in this picture.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:15:19 pm by Mendocino101 »

anne

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 04:53:46 pm »

A bold opinion from one poor picture. I would guess most would have a different opinion than the comments made here if you saw the product in person I know from speaking with other manufactures at the show (the competition) that those I spoke with made comments about how nice it was. Like what someone mentioned here a lagoon type setting is perfect. It does look very very real and unlike the siding used on some other units ( a square box with rock siding, which is not bad if you like it) this is a more of a complete(almost like a sunken) look that is much more of a built in style with steps that are forming as is a side bar area none of which are seen in this picture.

Well, then show us more pics, in a better setting! ;) Problem is, I see fake rocks, and all I can think of is a stage or TV set. As, I said, it is just my opinion. Also looks a little daunting to get in and out of. It'd be kind of cool if the rocks looked more real, and if they formed steps to get into the unit. I could see it working in some sort of partially sunken set up, where perhaps the rocks could blend into a garden or water fall, but when it is just a big boxy tub surrounded by big boxy rocks, it is not appealing.
Dance like nobody's watching

Spiderman

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 05:10:39 pm »
I think that would look good in a resort setting with proper landscaping.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 06:06:11 pm »
Well, then show us more pics, in a better setting! ;) Problem is, I see fake rocks, and all I can think of is a stage or TV set. As, I said, it is just my opinion.

In the right setting I can see it looking pretty good but you and I reacted similarly to that pic. The rock look in the pic kind of reminded me of the rocks Steve Austin would pick up and throw when I watched "Six Million Dollar Man" as a kid but maybe we're judging prematurely!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 06:13:30 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 06:06:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42