What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ice  (Read 6828 times)

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
Re: Ice
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29:15 am »
YAY!  Soakin' in the snow!  We've got the rain already.  When's it supposed to turn into flakes? :-/

BTW, I just had a thought (I know, surprise, surprise! :o)
For those of you who live in colder areas, what do you do in the winter when the tub starts losing water through evaporation?  I can't leave my outside tap on for the hose or it will freeze and burst the pipes.  Are we stuck hauling buckets of water to the tub to top up when it runs low?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:29:44 am by Silent_Water »
...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29:15 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 11:34:30 am »
YAY!  Soakin' in the snow!  We've got the rain already.  When's it supposed to turn into flakes? :-/

BTW, I just had a thought (I know, surprise, surprise! :o)
For those of you who live in colder areas, what do you do in the winter when the tub starts losing water through evaporation?  I can't leave my outside tap on for the hose or it will freeze and burst the pipes.  Are we stuck hauling buckets of water to the tub to top up when it runs low?

Soaking during a snow storm is the best!!!!!!

I take a clean 5 gal bucket and fill it from the house/shower and bring it out. I don't have a significant loss of water though. I might have to do this after a party or something.

07 Caldera Geneva

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 11:43:57 am »
I just turn on my hose bib fill the tub and turn it back off. I have had to thaw a hose in my bath tub.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 11:44:19 am »
I think the 5 gal bucket is the easiest. You could connect the hose to the hot water tank. Then drain the hose when done. Most of Missouri is iced up. The second wave is later today. All the news channels say anywhere from 6-18 inches. With that much on top of ice, its going to be a mess for a while. My wife just called me from southern MO. and said Springfield didn't call classes this morning and three schools are without power. There is a lot of hot people right now. That part of the state doesn't get ice all  that often so the body shops are going to be busy. My drive is 1000 feet long, and two inches if ice all the way. I kicked in 4x4 and drove across the pasture to get out.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 02:12:57 pm »
update, lots of rain here in Ontario Canada and warm.  No SNOW YET.  tubbing in the rain is not as much fun as in the snow.

tileman

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 02:17:58 pm »
update, lots of rain here in Ontario Canada and warm.  No SNOW YET.  tubbing in the rain is not as much fun as in the snow.

In St. Louis the freezing rain is now snow. I soaked for the first time in the rain last night and didn't enjoy it. I'll be going out there in a minute for my first snow soak. First I'll post a pic.

tileman

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 02:23:54 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 02:48:56 pm »
hey tileman, with 6% body fat, you better crank the temp up in the tub, you will freeze to death on your walk out to the tub.  You need some winter weight to keep you warm.  Oh yeah, you may be jacked, but I cant still take you!!!!  Worlds largest street gang, and I am a member.   ;D

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 02:53:05 pm »
Worlds largest street gang, and I am a member.    

Is that the SesameStreet gang?  I think I still have my membership somewhere....
...because integrity's the key

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 02:54:22 pm »
Yup, and I know Oscar the grouch!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 05:41:03 pm »
Dang, it's sleeting here.  It was near 80 yesterday.  I ain't got a hat and I'm wearing shorts with no socks.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 07:13:44 pm »
I just turn on my hose bib fill the tub and turn it back off. I have had to thaw a hose in my bath tub.

I keep a hose in the basement and use hot water from my laundry room sink faucet with a hose adapter.

Another winter hint - I have an eye-hook in my deck at each corner of the tub.  I use them with bungee cords to hold a tarp on the tub if a big storm is expected.  Snow and ice pull right off without damaging the cover.

tileman

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 08:58:14 pm »

In St. Louis the freezing rain is now snow. I soaked for the first time in the rain last night and didn't enjoy it. I'll be going out there in a minute for my first snow soak. First I'll post a pic.
Correction.
I went outside and stuck my hand in what appeared to be snow only to be presented with ice. It's been sleeting since 8 am and it's not suppose to stop until 12 tonight. Not really stop just change into snow for the next 12 hrs. We are right in the heart of this storm.
I tried soaking in the freezing rain but didn't enjoy it. I'm waiting for the snow as it probably doesn't hurt as bad. ;) They're predicting up to 9 inches of snow on top of the 1-2 inches of ice where I live, just northwest of St. Louis. If you live east of me be prepared for one hell of a winter storm.
Btw, it's 26 degrees outside(according to my thermometer) and the sleet still hasn't changed to snow. How cold does it have to be for it to change?

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 09:05:08 pm »
Just checked wireless thermometer...61.4 outside and 103.7 in the tub!!!

We are in extreme NW NJ and the highs this time of year should be in the low 40's with high 20's at night.  As a skiing family when is the east coast gonna get in on some of the cold and snow???

Marc
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 09:07:24 pm by gores95 »

tileman

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 03:54:34 am »
Well after about 4 inches of freezing rain the snow has finally arrived! We're supposed have up to 12'' of ice/snow by late morning. :o No work for me tomarrow. :)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:56:00 am by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 03:54:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42