What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: kudos to term  (Read 4418 times)

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
kudos to term
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:40:46 am »
I never tried shiner beer. I had thought it was just a Texas budweiser. This weekend I picked up Shiner Hefe-Wiezen and the Bock. The Hefe-Wiezen is probably the best one I have had since Germany(other than the ones I have brewed). Anyway I am glad term mentiond it or I would not have tried it. Sitting in my $1500.00 2002 Grandee and drinking the hefe-wiezen was fabulous.

Hot Tub Forum

kudos to term
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:40:46 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: kudos to term
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:19:57 pm »
Don't thank me, thank Big Chief Willeford, the dainty little fella in the lower right hand corner in the stylish threads:

He was my college roommate who one day brought home some Shiner Bock beer for us to put in our pot of chili.  I had never tried it before, but we added a bottle to the chili and a few extra bottles to the cooks and I've been hooked ever since.

It was the effects of Shiner Bock that lead me to briefly consider becoming an amateur orthopedic surgeon as Big Chief and I considered our options for replacing his arthritic hip.  I had prepped him for surgery on the couch and had started making my incision when he lost control of his bladder from the pain and contaminated the surgical environment.  Shiner Bock is a great beer but a poor anesthetic.  Unfortunately, you cannot buy hard liquor after 9 pm in Texas and we had to abort our effort.  I never could get him to conciously give me another chance and thus abandoned my temporary life-long dream of performing corrective surgery on simple, poor folk.

I still keep abreast of the latest surgical procedures on the Discovery, Science, and TLC networks and keep hoping to run across another willing participant with poor health and desperate circumstances.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 04:51:05 pm »
Is it available in Buffalo, that is our closest enterance to the United States here in Ontario Canada.  I will try and smuggle it back if it is available there.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 05:09:42 pm »
To simply fulfill your life long dream Term, all you would have to do is spend a night in Holiday Inn Express in Southern Missouri like I do, then you can preform all kinds of things. And be good at it. :D

tileman

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »
Not that I don't like to talk about alcohol, but doesn't this topic belong in the bs forum? :)
Anyways, being from St. Louis I stick to AB products. My favorites are Budweiser and Amberbock.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 05:24:22 pm by tileman »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 05:35:05 pm »
bottle shops here have the real german WEIZEN

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:06:02 pm »
To simply fulfill your life long dream Term, all you would have to do is spend a night in Holiday Inn Express in Southern Missouri like I do, then you can preform all kinds of things. And be good at it. :D

I don't necessarily want to be a GOOD amateur orthopedic surgeon, I would just like to find the right opportunity and societal misfit to help improve their quality of life.  Homeless folks are in short supply in my area and the ones we have are extremely lacking in hygenic self-accountability.  I will be more than happy to provide low-cost medical procedures on those that truly need it, but I won't work on smelly goomers with dirty drawers.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 06:34:15 pm »
Term, when is remote Canadian waters fishin, the anthologist uses a rock to remove a misplaced hook in the ear.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:34:58 pm by galen »

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 08:53:54 am »
I can get the germen beers here also. Since I brew my own I am a big fan of good American micro brews. If you can find it near you try the Erdinger Hefe, one of my favorites.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 09:05:07 am »
jfish, everytime I try a home brew, I get the runs the next day.  Whats up with that???  I would love my own brew to save some coin, but I just cant find a good mix to enjoy.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 09:09:10 am »
Might be a reaction to brewers yeast.  Commercial beer has most of the yeasts filtered out- homebrewed beer usually contains a lot of yeast, and in some people causes "interesting" things to happen in the digestive tract.  

What style of homebrewed beer do you drink that causes you this problem?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 09:10:08 am by Brewman »
Brewman

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 09:17:24 am »
I agrre with brewman. It could be the type of yeast used also depending on the type of beer and the kit used. I get most of my supplies from here  http://www.midwestsupplies.com/  I no longer have a local brew supplier.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 02:35:33 pm »
I get a lot of brewing stuff from

www.northernbrewer.com

They are located pretty close to me in St.Paul, great store, and their website sales are good too.

I've also done business with

www.morebeer.com

They're out of California- they have an amazing array of equipment.
Brewman

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 02:56:18 pm »
I toured the Shiner brewery once.

Free beer every afternoon after the tour!

Shiner is a nice beer.

I also like Fat Tire beer.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 04:43:47 pm »
I am dieing to try this shiner beer.  Next time I go to buffalo, I am going to check out the local stores for it.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 04:43:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42