What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally! My Tundra pics  (Read 7865 times)

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Finally! My Tundra pics
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:18 pm »
Ok, the mental midget of high technology finally took the time (thanks to tileman for his great, detailed, easy to follow instructions) to post my backyard Tundra setup (for any one interested). It's quite modest compared to some of the decks and backyard layouts I have seen over the past month or so, but I tried to make the best out of what I had to work with. My patio was too small to accomodate a large 8' tub and my house does not lend itself to adding a deck. I also did not want to obstruct any part of the view of our very wooded back yard so I positioned the spa between my kitchen and dining room windows. I have interior shots of the spa as well for any of you that may be interested in the interior layout of the Tundra (dry). Let me know if you would like me to "import" those shots as well.

Sorry, these photos were supposed to be in reverse order (from the start of my project to end) but things got mixed up (my first ever photo posting, pls excuse me). Small bushes will be planted on either side of the spa and grass will be planted in my new stone pathway next spring to finish the project.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:51:54 pm by wesj53 »

Hot Tub Forum

Finally! My Tundra pics
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:18 pm »

galen

• Maxxus
Re: Finally! My Tundra pics
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:53:39 pm »
The tub looks great. The wood sets it off. But the two in front... I'm sorry but they're dogs.  I wouldn't vote for either one.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:54:51 pm by galen »

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:05:12 pm »
Your spa looks SHARP!!!   8-)

It looks just like it was meant for that space between your windows--perfect fit!  

2005 HS Vanguard

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:33:45 pm »
But the two in front... I'm sorry but they're dogs.  I wouldn't vote for either one.

Good one Galen ;D ;D

I vote for the one on the right, I think bassett hounds are cool.  Please tell me you named it Rosebud after the one in the Bloom County cartoon strip ;D ;D  Wes it looks like a great set up to me

Bullfrog 451

tileman

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 09:36:41 pm »
  Great pics Wes!
I'm happy my posting instructions worked out for you.
   Great job on the pathway. Was that a DYI project?
Seeing real wood cabinetry on yours and Anne's Artics makes me jealous. When I first started shopping for my tub awhile back I said to myself there's no way I want real wood that close to such a high moisture area. But know seeing how beautiful they look makes it worth the extra maintenance. :)

anne

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:11:37 pm »
It looks very nice! The pics are a bit small, so I cannot see how you did the gravel. Is it just packed into the ground, or is there a pressure treated wood box around it? Looks like that spot was made for a tub.
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 10:16:26 pm »
It looks very nice! The pics are a bit small, so I cannot see how you did the gravel.

Anne the pics are clickable. Just click one and it will appear in full screen. :)

anne

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 10:17:24 pm »
I did that, but I think the photos were reduced before being imported to the thread, so they are still small. I'll try again.........ok. I was right clicking to "view image" not just double clicking of the pic. All good now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 10:18:52 pm by anne »

anne

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 10:20:48 pm »
Is that a bark collar on that little dog who appears to be a basset-beagle? ;)

tileman

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:27:11 pm »
I did that, but I think the photos were reduced before being imported to the thread, so they are still small. I'll try again.........ok. I was right clicking to "view image" not just double clicking of the pic. All good now.

Where's my thank you? :'(

tileman

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 10:32:06 pm »
Is that a bark collar on that little dog who appears to be a basset-beagle? ;)

It looks to me like one of those invisible fence shocking mecanisms.
My neighbors dog has one of those b/c it kept running after kids. The dog owner is seldomly home and used to keep the dog outside when away with no leash or anything. One day it almost got a little girl on her bike until I came to the rescue and put the critter in it's place. >:( I called the cops after that and got her in all kinds of trouble. :)

anne

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:37:12 pm »

Where's my thank you? :'(
Thank you!!!!  ;) ::)

anne

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 10:38:19 pm »
Tileman, were you an only child? ;D

tileman

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 10:48:52 pm »
Tileman, were you an only child? ;D

No I have 2 older brothers. :P

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 11:13:18 pm »
hmmmm how much older? 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 11:13:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42