What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much water?  (Read 5867 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: How much water?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 11:14:32 am »
I dont know, I add water maybe once every 2 to 3 months.  I cant even tell you the last time that I needed to fill the tub.  

Im not saying anything is wrong with your tub, I am just suprised with how many people need to fill their tubs on such a routine basis.

I haven't had to fill mine yet either, but come winter it is inevitable for a heavy user.  Every time you open the cover, water will evaporate into the cold air.  Those who have to fill during tempid months generally do so because of frequency of use, suits (or types of suits), and splashing.  If you have teenage or youger boys, the suits they wear will carry a gallon of water out each when they exit.  Water loss has more to do with the use than with the tub.  Come winter, we'll all be adding...unless of course you live in a warm climate.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 11:14:32 am »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 11:25:26 am »
I add between 1-2 inches a week to my 480 gallon tub.  Granted I'm in CO so I think I lose a lot to evaporation, but who knows...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 11:49:16 am »
I add at least 20 gals. a month. I think this is normal. Water being carried out of the tub, splashed, evaporation, and condensation on the underside of the cover, which may run to one side and drip out over the edge of the cover and onto the patio and look like a leak.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 02:21:13 pm »
Tileman,

I was loosing about the same amount as you over the past couple of months.  Pulled the front and side panel loose last week and low and behold there was water .  Actually the service tech just left not 30 minutes ago and the culprit was a cracked coupling that comes from my circ pump.  Said it was the first time he had ever seen one cracked like that.  

Jr

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 05:09:34 am »
this just really seems odd to me.  If I was adding water that much, I would be a little concerned.  

For the people that are out of the initial over useage of the tub, do you find that the amount of water that you add has gone down???

anne

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 11:09:47 am »
this just really seems odd to me.  If I was adding water that much, I would be a little concerned.  

For the people that are out of the initial over useage of the tub, do you find that the amount of water that you add has gone down???

yes, by about 1/2. I had to water about every other week, now it is about every 3-4 weeks.
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 04:18:01 pm »
  It seems like there is a wide range of responses to this topic.  After reading all of them I came to the conclusion that no 2 people, even if they have the same tub, will lose the same amount of water a week.  There is just way too many factors. Such as climate/enviroment, bather load and frequency, the temp you keep your spa at, how often you lift the cover(i.e.- check chemicals).........

Thanks for the help again everyone. :)

CHAD
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:19:19 pm by tileman »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 04:38:19 pm »
tileman, you couldnt be any more right.  I think you see higher numbers with new bathers.  I cant tell you the last times, I used the tub 2 or 3 times in one day.  When I first had it, I was in it more than I was out of it.  Then as the newness of the tub wore off a bit, it slowed down.  

Climate, this sounds so stupid, but I never even took this into consideration.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 04:38:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42