What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis warranty ?  (Read 2367 times)

Eric

Marquis warranty ?
« on: November 28, 2006, 11:28:08 am »
Hi everyone,
I have a Marquis Euphoria that is just over 3 years old (38 months) and never had a problem or issue until last week.
My tub does not work...thought it may have been my GFI breaker in my panel but had the electrican out to check and replace it as well as check the disconnect outside and everything looks ok...but the breaker keeps tripping and no power to the tub.
I am having service come out today but was wondering if anyone has had any experiences dealing with Marquis regarding warrenty. I believe everything is covered for 3 years but now that I am just over...was wondering if they might still help out and cover things.
The reason I bought a Marquis was because after reading alot of forums and articles, their tubs seemed to have fewer problems and they seemed to back their product.
Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Eric

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis warranty ?
« on: November 28, 2006, 11:28:08 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Marquis warranty ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 11:34:41 am »
Several marquis pros on the forum who I am sure will step up with comments.

Have not seen many owners, but if they are here, I am sure they will share.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:47:10 am »
My 2003 Reward had the fake cedar sides and it was faded by the sun.  That was covered by the warranty and they came out Sat and put a new $1100 skirt on it.  Also last summer my pump went out and they replaced it with no problem (The pumps had bad windings, a defect at the pump level not Marquis)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:36:33 pm »
Five years on all major components, You are covered so no worries let the tech come out and do his job, I am sure all will be fine..... :)

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 04:38:30 pm »
If it is an 03 Marquis the equipment should have a 5 year warranty, if it is 02 it is likely only a 3 year equipment warranty.  It sounds like a problem with the heater but it could be several things.  You are right though about Marquis standing behind their warranty, what other company would replace THOUSANDS of synthetic cabinets because of sun damage?  Most companies have this excluded in their warranty.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 05:07:39 pm »
How many thousands of cabinets did they replace?  I had never heard of this situation.  That's great that they did that.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 11:54:04 pm »
I believe the problem synthetic cabinets came on 03 and 04 spas.  In those two years over 25,000 spas were manufactured.  I don't know a number figure on how many have been replaced, but I would venture to guess over 10,000 have been replaced or are on lists for replacements.  The replacements are the new cabinet that is a solid core material similar to trex decking that looks very good.  

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:15 am »
The tech  said they sold alot of the synthetic cabinets but has only been asked to replace 5 or 6.  A lot of folks have them in enclosed rooms or porches where there is no fading problem or others actually liked the faded color.  Actually the fading is so slow that I probably wouldn't have cared but one side was in the shade and it was very  noticable.  The tech was there for almost 2 hrs as he needed to remove the cover lifter and also reattach it.  Marquis does stand behind their product and of course a good dealer is just as important

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42