What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: AutoFresh (so far)  (Read 6534 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: AutoFresh (so far)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 05:01:03 pm »
If I had to guess I'd say they are just as overpriced as that auto fresh system.

Why is it overpriced?  What would a more appropriate price be?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 05:01:03 pm »

tileman

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 05:06:49 pm »

Why is it overpriced?  What would a more appropriate price be?

Terminator

I couldn't give you a more appropriate price as I'm not the manufacturer of this product but when I'm paying between 1/5-1/10 of the price of the whole spa on a auto chem feeder, I think it's a little excessive.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:14:30 pm »
A lot of people in our capitalist society (and I am one of them) don't mind paying for products that make life easier or more enjoyable.  I just put a new flattop receiver and accessory rail and holosite on my AR-15 to make it easier to use and more enjoyable.  All of that cost more than half of what the gun originally cost.  I know several people who spend 3 times the amount of the gun on accessories to suit their needs.  Some people just don't nickel and dime the crap out of life, some do.

Terminator

tileman

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 05:28:12 pm »
 Some people just don't nickel and dime the crap out of life, some do.

Terminator

I was raised to value money a little better than most, you're right, thanks for the compliment! :)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 05:47:29 pm »
A lot of people in our capitalist society (and I am one of them) don't mind paying for products that make life easier or more enjoyable.  I just put a new flattop receiver and accessory rail and holosite on my AR-15 to make it easier to use and more enjoyable.  All of that cost more than half of what the gun originally cost.  I know several people who spend 3 times the amount of the gun on accessories to suit their needs.  Some people just don't nickel and dime the crap out of life, some do.

Terminator

ACOG: $650
Millenium forend light: $300
AR15 they go on: $700

Damn accessories.

I value money, but I value my time also. If that system can reduce the need for me to tend to the tub and increase the enjoyment factor, for me it's money well spent. If you don't think it's a value, thats great, everyone gets their own opinion.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 05:54:05 pm »
Look at the details of this product and what you're getting for your money before listening to these salesman...

How much again for the cartridge replacements? And how long do they last?

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »
Is the Auto-Fresh proprietary to Hot Springs?

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 05:56:02 pm »
I question how much time it actually saves when comparing to the traditional Baqua program, which doesn't require a $1000 add-on.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 06:00:07 pm »
Is the Auto-Fresh proprietary to Hot Springs?

Yes sir.

tileman

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 06:07:57 pm »

I value money, but I value my time also. If that system can reduce the need for me to tend to the tub and increase the enjoyment factor, for me it's money well spent. If you don't think it's a value, thats great, everyone gets their own opinion.

If you truly "valued" your money you would take the extra minute a day(time it takes me to add chems) to save a thousand dollars.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:08:43 pm by tileman »

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 06:09:12 pm »
Like they say, there's an ass for every seat....and not too many empty seats around here...
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 06:12:12 pm »
Look at the details of this product and what you're getting for your money before listening to these salesman...

How much again for the cartridge replacements? And how long do they last?

I've never said it was worth the cost, I just don't know.  So you can stuff your "salesman" comment right back from whence it came.

Neither hottubdan nor I have extolled the virtues of the AutoFresh.  It's new, it's evolutionary, and it's an advanced effort to simplify a problem that is very daunting for a lot of people.  I look at these forums almost everyday and the amount of frustration many of you have regarding water care is astounding.  For some people, I believe it very well could be just the ticket.  For some people, it probably ain't worth it.

I think hospitals are a giant sucking anus with all the crap they add on that ain't necessary, by the way.  Hell, I almost had to perform a hip-replacement surgery on my college roommate because he was too fat and poor to go to the hospital, and I'd seen it done on the Discovery Channel and could've done it.  I had a gear and socket off a 10-speed bike ready to insert in that dude's pelvis, but we ran out of anesthetic and the liquor store was closed.  He ended up getting it done at the hospital, and they reamed him pretty good, he's probably still paying for it.  I was going to do it for a 6-pack of Shiner Bock.

Dr. Terminator

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 06:13:03 pm »
Oh I don't know why this hasn't been done before now. Others will jump in and the price will come down. Kind of like new computers. Remember what a gig of memory use to cost. I had a pool in my backyard and it had an automatic chlorinater. If it was round 500 I would look at it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:25:02 pm by galen »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 06:14:45 pm »

If you truly "valued" your money you would take the extra minute a day(time it takes me to add chems) to save a thousand dollars.

If any of us "valued" it, we probably wouldn't have hot tubs. How much any of us is willing to spend accessorizing our hot tubs is up to the individual. All I'm saying is if you think it's too much, thats great but it doesn't give you the right to proclaim anyone who thinks it may be worth it as foolish with their cash. Besides, I'm not home every day to add chemicals, I use bromine, the dreaded chemical bath.

tileman

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 06:28:55 pm »

If any of us "valued" it, we probably wouldn't have hot tubs.

My tub is a great value purchase. Not only does it relieve stress it heals my aching muscles from my very physical job, allowing me to do what I do for a very long time. :) Thus actually saving me money in the long run by not having to miss work b/c of soreness or even worse surgeries.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 06:28:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42