What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Turkey Hot Tub  (Read 12047 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re:  The Turkey Hot Tub
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 12:29:45 pm »
And for desert we deep fried Snickers, Twinkees, Milky Way, and Funny Bones. Gotta say, the twinkees were not that good. But the deep fried snicker bars were very good.

After seeing Terminator sing the praises of deep fried Twinkies last year I got to wonder what that would be like. I don't particularly like Twinkies and am not a huge fan of fried foods (not that I dislike them either) but it sounded intriguing. Last week while out with the family we came upon a stand that offered deep fried Twinkies so I told the boys I'll buy them one but I need a bite. I couldn't believe how much I liked it and my son said "get your own" when I tried to get a second bite. How could deep frying something as crappy as a Twinkie end up tasting that good? I'm ready for the deep fried Snickers, Oreos and the rest of the heart killers (once a year anyway).

I apologize to Terminator for previously thinking he was a knucklehead for extolling the virtues of a deep fried Twinkie.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:31:09 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 12:29:45 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 03:30:24 pm »
I heard a comic act once, who said that you could deep fry a sneaker and it would still taste good.  
 I think it may have been Louie Anderson, but it's been a while.  

Deep fried twinkies came to our state fair a few years ago, but have been overshadowed in the past couple years by deep fried candy bars.  I've yet to try either.  But if they can deep fry cheese or ice cream, then any food is fair game.
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 04:38:04 pm »
I heard a comic act once, who said that you could deep fry a sneaker and it would still taste good.  
 I think it may have been Louie Anderson, but it's been a while.  

Yeah but I think Louie would eat a deep fried sofa.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »
My good friend had to call me this weekend and remind me of my turkey fry, two Thanksgivings ago...We both bought the $80.00 handy dandy delux turkey fryers...and $25.00 of peanut oil...my husband even bought a new dedicated gas tank to hook to the turkey fryer. I fought this project from the beginning...I am not a real fan of frying and my husband is an accident waiting to happen :o...so fire, hot oil, gas tank :o :o...I was imagining a loooong hospital stay.  Anyway, everything was set and the entire family watched the dipping of the fowl :-?...and redipping of the fowl and redipping and redipping >:(. My friend had finished her dinner, did the dishes and was well into desert and we were still dipping.  >:( :-[ The oil never reached the right temperature, the turkey was a soggy oily mess..after hours in the fryer, but never quite frying.  Wise hostess that I was...I had an extra turkey in the oven, so dinner was not a complete failure.

It took me 2 days to figure out what happened....any guesses?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:13 pm »

It took me 2 days to figure out what happened....any guesses?

The valve on the gas tank was only partially opened?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 06:24:56 pm »
not quite, but you're getting warm (which is more than I could say for the turkey) ;)

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 06:29:19 pm »
Empty tank?

tileman

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:08 pm »
not quite, but you're getting warm (which is more than I could say for the turkey) ;)

Was it frozen?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
nope, not frozen...but the problem with the tank...although it wasn't empty

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 11:19:57 pm »
nope, not frozen...but the problem with the tank...although it wasn't empty

Not hooked up properly and leaking gas?
He never took the cap off before hooking it up?
He got a tank filled with helium by mistake?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:20:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 05:45:09 am »
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 07:36:58 am »
My husband  got a new gas tank...the "kid" that filled it was never trained to purge the tank (this was the first tank that he filled)...so the tank was a mix of air and gas. The flame never got hot enough to really heat the oil properly, no matter how we adjusted it.  The color of the flame was never right and after all was said and done, we took the tank back and they confirmed that it was not filled it correctly.  You have to pay to have a new tank purged...so we knew that it was never done.  They didn't charge us and the kid didn't even know about doing that!  Lesson learned..turkey ruined!  :(

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 07:46:11 am »
I use these burners quite a bit in brewing beer- the one I use can easily bring 10 gallons of beer to a boil in a very pretty short time.  But you do have to tell the person filling the tank that it's the first fill, so they purge it.  They're supposed to ask, but I've only had that happen once.  

You should go back to the place that filled your tank- if they charged you for a full #20 you were shorted.

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 08:35:23 am »
My husband bought the tank at the same hardware store, so they should have instructed the personnel to purge the new tank. He was a new holiday employee, (and probably only 15 years old), so he didn't know. They refilled the tank the next day, but the fried Thanksgiving turkey was ruined...and I spent a lot of money for nothing... :(  Like I said lesson learned... ;)...this happened 2 years ago!

anne

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 10:42:40 am »
Well, you were either cynical or realistic enough to be prepared with another turkey in the oven......that is commendable!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 10:42:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42