What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Our Piper Glen Came Today - here's some pics!!!!  (Read 3766 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Our Piper Glen Came Today - here's some pics!!!!
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:02:10 pm »
Just thought I'd share the news that our tub came today!  Unfortunately we can't go in it until Monday or Tuesday b/c the electrician won't be here until Monday.  Anyway....here are some pics.  This is my first time posting pics so hopefully it'll work.  

Here is the machine (big fork lift) my husband brought home from work to place it on our patio:

This is from my patio looking down to the street - it's really steep....this pic doesn't really do it justice:

Here they are loading up the tub:

My husband brought it up my neighbor's driveway(in pic) and placed it on our patio:

There's my husband!!!

There's it's final resting place - we're still under construction....we'll be putting up a white privacy fence on 2 sides of the tub.

I'll let you know how it is when we go in it for the first time on Monday or Tuesday!
Thanks for all of your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Our Piper Glen Came Today - here's some pics!!!!
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:02:10 pm »

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: Our Piper Glen Came Today - here's some pics!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:48:32 pm »
I LOVE your yard and neighborhood--mine is flat.....

I'll bet you can't wait for your first soak--enjoy!  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

bohms

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:35:58 pm »
Thanks Kervis - that's funny b/c we wish were were on flat land EVERY DAY!!!  It's nice to be up on a hill and the highest house on the street, but everytime we need something big delivered it's a nightmare!

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 05:43:30 pm »
Enjoy your new toy bohms, godness knows you've earned it!  ;)

bohms

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »
Thanks Slim!!

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 08:28:17 pm »
Good stuff
Send some pics to the other dealer
Ha Ha Ha!

Steve

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:24:04 am »
The yard looks great........already looks private!  I hope you enjoy your Piper Glen as much as we enjoy ours!

bohms

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 04:09:43 pm »
Thanks Stemay and Cola....now if only the electrician would come.....he was supposed to come today but just called and he's stuck at another job.....he'll be here tomorrow....I HOPE!!!!!

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:39:21 pm »
Hey bohms, congrats on your purchase. It looks like a great setting for your new adult toy. By the way, what part of the country do you live in? It looks somewhat like ours, except we're a bit flatter (Illinois, what do you expect?) Please give us your reactions of your Piper Glen after a couple of weeks. I am in the second week of ownership of our Tundra and we are still learning about it in terms of jet placements, seating preferences, etc. The PG was our very, very close second choice and I'm anxious to hear from you as to what you like and don't like about the unit.

I will be doing likewise (including posting pics of our backyard site) soon with our unit. IMO, I think we bought 2 of the finer units in the market. Good luck and happy soaking!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:41:38 pm by wesj53 »

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 10:42:34 pm »
Wow, nice to be in good with the boss to let you use the forks! I would hate to try in carry that thing up there.  :o

xrdirthead

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 11:05:27 pm »
Please post some more pics when she is all hot and steamy!

bohms

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:12:18 pm »
Wes - I'll definitely let you know what we think.  We live in Northern NJ (Bergen County) - we're in the Ramapo mountains so my town happens to be very hilly.  The electrician came last night and the dealer came back to install the hydraulic cover lifter.  It's ready to go now!!!  Unfortunately I can't get in it yet!!  My 5 year old will go in with me, but 2 1/2 year old hates hot tubs and he's a handful - the way my yard is set up, it's hard to sit in the tub and watch him at the same time.  I'll have to wait until later!  :'(  I would love to see pics of your Tundra - we were going to look at those but I really wanted a gray cabinet and as you know they don't have them.  (I know....stupid reason for not looking at an awesome tub).

Galen - my husband's boss came to help too!

Xrdirthead - I will post more pics soon.

bohms

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 09:36:45 pm »
So I finally got to take my first soak and it was awesome!!!  I can't believe how big the tub is!!

Wes - the things I absolutely love about it....having control of whatever seat you're sitting in without screwing with the jets, etc in another seat - individual controls are a definite bonus.  The only seat I was uncomfortable in was the king size seat where you can throw your legs over the seat next to you to make a pseudo lounger.  I found this seat to be too deep for me to be comfortable (I'm 5'6") but this is my husband's favorite seat so far (he's 6'0).  But that doesn't bother me b/c I'm absolutely in love with the other 3 corner seats (I can't figure out which is my favorite....they're all great).   When we wet tested, the dealer only had the Dove Canyon which is the same tub as the Piper Glen but it has the lounger, so this was the first time I got to sit in the king size seat (that's what the dealer called it).  The foot jets are perfect for us....not too hard, not too soft.  We got the LED light package and the tub looks beautiful at night when the light is on.  I would have taken pictures but it was so windy I just wanted to get in the tub!  Let me know if you have anymore questions.
AAAHHHHHHH.....spatopia......FINALLY!!!!!!

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 10:39:51 pm »
Sounds great bohms! It seems like years since we wet tested the PG. How are the neck jets in the one corner seat? That was one feature I thought superior in the PG than the Tundra.  All of the corner seats were good for me as I'm about the same height as your husband. Also, did each of the corners give you a different feel in terms of jet movement of water? I do remember my salesman telling me that the Artesians did not give you the ability to change the jets around if desired. But the individual controls are great and is a unique feature in the market. It sounds like you made the right choice - congrats!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 06:28:28 pm »
Congrats bohms!

You mentioned the pseudo lounger ... my tub (Island Cayman) has that too but one orner seat is shallower than the other. Actually there seems to be a few different depths in the Cayman, I would assume it's the same as yours.

Enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 06:28:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42