What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Vacation Hot Tub Maintenance Tip  (Read 2292 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Great Vacation Hot Tub Maintenance Tip
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:15:17 am »
Not from me, but from my dealer.  I was just away for 2 weeks at Disney World Florida.  My Hot Spring dealer told me to lower the temperature to 80F, and dump in a couple of large capfuls of bromine granular.  (made by Spaguard).  Did that.  Just got home last night to perfectly clear water.  I raised the temp back up to 103F, and will put in my regular chemicals again.

This is not rocket science, I know, I've never been told this before and it worked like a charm, plus my cost of heating the tub to 80F even when the temps outside are in the 30's to 50's range, is almost nothing..

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Great Vacation Hot Tub Maintenance Tip
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:15:17 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Great Vacation Hot Tub Maintenance Tip
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:57:34 am »
As a chlorine user, I just add a shock dose of dichlor, lower the temp and lock it down.  Always come back to crystal clear water.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:43:30 pm »
Do you normally use bromine? Or do you use chlorine and this is the first time you've put bromine in the water?

If the second, you now have a bromine sanitized hot tub and any chlorine you add to the water will simply be reactivating the bromine. The only way to get back to a chlorine sanitized spa is to drain and refill.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:43:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42