What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cooler water  (Read 7350 times)

tileman

Re: Cooler water
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 05:51:19 pm »
My Epic also will have a flash of cool water when the #2 pump is turned on in the cold weather...the #1 is the filtration pump and also the temperature monitor so it doesn't seem to cool as much.

Now I will tell you from a woman's perspective, (as noted by others, we often like cooler water)...I actually save that for near the end of my soak...if I am in alone, I will not use that pump until I ready to come out of the tub. That little blast of cooler water is actually refreshing...so how's that for a twist? :o

My experience with women has been the exact opposite. Every girlfriend along with all my female family members seem to always be cold. The first thing they say when getting in my spa is can we turn the temp up. Likewise with my house I keep it no higher than 69 degrees in the winter and sure enough the same question arises when they enter the door.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 05:52:09 pm by tileman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 05:51:19 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 06:00:29 pm »
My Epic also will have a flash of cool water when the #2 pump is turned on in the cold weather...the #1 is the filtration pump and also the temperature monitor so it doesn't seem to cool as much.

Now I will tell you from a woman's perspective, (as noted by others, we often like cooler water)...I actually save that for near the end of my soak...if I am in alone, I will not use that pump until I ready to come out of the tub. That little blast of cooler water is actually refreshing...so how's that for a twist? :o

My experience with women has been the exact opposite. Every girlfriend along with all my female family members seem to always be cold. The first thing they say when getting in my spa is can we turn the temp up. Likewise with my house I keep it no higher than 69 degrees in the winter and sure enough the same question arises when they enter the door.

Chad,

Think naked ... turn up the heat! (DON'T think naked of family members though - that's sick!)

tileman

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 06:02:52 pm »

Chad,

Think naked ... turn up the heat! (DON'T think naked of family members though - that's sick!)

;D ;D I like the way you think Vinny. ;D ;D
I can't believe that never crossed my mind. :-?

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 06:11:12 pm »

Likewise with my house I keep it no higher than 69 degrees in the winter and sure enough the same question arises when they enter the door.

69 degrees?? :o  :o  What luxury!

We are at 64 during the night and I bump it up to 67 for about 2 hours in the morning as we are waking up and getting ready for school.  Then, back down it goes...

That's why they make sweatshirts!  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 06:18:07 pm »
Hey Chad ... I remember what it was like at your age! ;) Oh wait I was married, I saw what it was like on TV!! ;D

I keep my house at 60 during the day and 65 at night while sleeping during the week, anytime we're in the house awake it's 71 in winter. In the summer I have it going up to 78 during the day and 75 at night and 72 when we're doing things around the house. Wife sometimes puts temp on hold to defrost meat, she claims it's too cold when we're not here.

You guys really need to turn up the furnace. You know that cobwebs can burn if ignited!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:19:19 pm by Vinny »

tileman

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 07:09:23 pm »
Hey Chad ... I remember what it was like at your age! ;) Oh wait I was married, I saw what it was like on TV!! ;D

I keep my house at 60 during the day and 65 at night while sleeping during the week, anytime we're in the house awake it's 71 in winter. In the summer I have it going up to 78 during the day and 75 at night and 72 when we're doing things around the house. Wife sometimes puts temp on hold to defrost meat, she claims it's too cold when we're not here.

You guys really need to turn up the furnace. You know that cobwebs can burn if ignited!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In the winter I'm 66 at night and while at work. When I'm home it's usually around 70.
 In the summer everyone calls my house the "ice box". I'm never above 70 and at night I crank her down to about 67-68. I just can't sleep good w/o being cold. :)

anne

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 08:34:59 pm »
I never heard before, or have seen a trend that women prefer cooler water. Around here, I like much hotter temps (spa/shower)than the boyfriend. But when it comes to sleeping, I like the room cold, and he likes it warmer. Keeping the energy bill down means that I win!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 08:34:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42