What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bubbles in cover  (Read 1955 times)

Slappy

bubbles in cover
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:37:25 pm »
I have noticed some bubbles on the inside of my cover. they are about 1/2 inch in diamater and there are about 7 or 8 of them. It looks like water blisters, I popped one but nothing came out so I left the other bubbles. any idea what these are from? they don't seem to affect anything and they are not getting worse. what is it?

- Slappy

Hot Tub Forum

bubbles in cover
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:37:25 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: bubbles in cover
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:34:46 am »
Since no one has had the courtesy to respond to your post, I'll try. The underside of my spa cover looks like alligator skin, because i tend to over chlorinate. Could be a manuf. defect. If the cover's still under warranty, hell, tell 'um you want another one. Otherwise, I'm out of excuses. Could dream up some others, but I won't.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:11:44 am »
Since no one has had the courtesy to respond to your post, I'll try. The underside of my spa cover looks like alligator skin, because i tend to over chlorinate. Could be a manuf. defect. If the cover's still under warranty, hell, tell 'um you want another one. Otherwise, I'm out of excuses. Could dream up some others, but I won't.

Sounds like a defect, depending on age, but I'll bet they'll question hard about proper chemical usage.  The underside of my cover is a bit ghosted but otherwise looks new.  One side is starting to get heavy, so I'll soon be in the market for a new one.  Warranty on my original factory cover was three years.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 02:53:10 pm »
Frankly, it does not sound like a defect.

What chemical system do you use?

When you shock, what is your procedure?

How old is the cover?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 02:53:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42