What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The last straw!  I'm done!  (Read 4876 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
The last straw!  I'm done!
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:51 am »
OK, Mr. sleepy has done it!  I'm no longer going to allow him near my Maxxus for service, chems, or anything.  I don't care if the damn thing springs a  inch leak.  I'll find another servicing dealer and pay if I have to.  I'm not going into details I'm simply going to say this; I am either the worlds worst customer or I have a dealer who simply does not get it.  I buy a $10,000 tub and get hung up on during a phone conversation because I told him to stick it when he suggested I pay for service call on a warranty issue.  The issue was his repair guy said nothing was wrong (stereo would turn on but not produce sound).  The service guy comes out and re-tuned the stereo.  Mr. Sleepy calls to inform me that the next time his service guy comes out to something on my tub when in-fact it was not broken, he will need to bill me.  When I explain to him that I'm not buying that crap when it is under warranty he hangs up on me.  So thats it!
Wow for not going into details I certainly got awfully specific.  
OK so now I'm looking for a food on-line source for my Maxxus filter.  I'll buy my chemical from my local Coleman dealer as they are down to earth and run a "real" business.  Please let me know if anyone knows a good source for the filter though.
Thanks for letting me vent!

Hot Tub Forum

The last straw!  I'm done!
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:51 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: The last straw!  I'm done!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 10:43:15 am »
I've heard good things about: (for spa filters and parts, ect)

www.shepnell.com

I've never done business with them myself, and I'm not affiliated in any way.  Just passing along what I've heard.
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:17 am »
How long have you had your tub?

I too have a very very hard time with "service fees' for warrenty work, but I accept they exist. I hate it, but I accept it. (it's true in many many industries. Not just Hot tubs). Gone are the days when warrenty's were "We fix it, no cost to you".  I uderstand the dealer needs to make money, but for warrenty work (not nusiance calls or user errors), ot should be between the dealer and the manufactuer.  :-X :P
07 Caldera Geneva

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:42 am »
I hear ya.  My Sundance dealer sucks too and I intend to never spend another dime in their store.  Unfortunately I'm having an issue with my clock running fast so I put a call into them yesterday and was told "we'll look into it and call you back".  Betcha a nickel I never hear back from them.

Luckily there's a Vita spa dealer in my area who's also a certified Sundance repair dealer.  I'm going to go to them I think...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:58:19 am »
that amazes me, that you have to pay for warranty work.  My arctic comes with a 7 year bumper to bumper.  I have had them out 4 times already and have not paid a cent since I had it.  I love it.  

I am so suprised that a company as well respected as sundance has such a crummy warranty program.

Not to throw stones, but why did you all buy tubs from a dealer that you dont like and feels is terrible.  I mean, ultimately they win right?? you may hate them but they dont care because they already got the big bucks for your tub.

Im not trying to stir the pot, but I am just curious why you went with a dealer like that.  Is it that they were nicer when you were buying and you were mislead.  

Before I bought from my local dealer, I wanted to see what they were like.  They always returned my calls, they were always good to me and my family.  I remember one day, while we were finally deciding, the sales guy took my son and let him play with teddy bears and floating toys.  He let him splash water and run a muck while we looked and decided.

This was huge for me, a big deciding factor.  That is just good sales approach and good management.  I had 5 friends from work that have purchased arctics from here and I heard nothing but good.  By the time I signed the deal, I ws 100% confident in my dealer.  

As for warranty work, as soon as I have an issue they have been here same day or next morning.  I guess I am lucky.  It is also really nice that I can throw a rock from my house and hit the front window of the store, it is just that close.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 11:03:23 am »
Contact Sundance.  Discuss with them your issues.  If the dealer goes to a customer's house and finds a non-warranty problem, what should he do?

What does re-tune the stereo mean?

If this is the last straw, there must have been other issues.  How else has the dealer offended you?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 11:06:32 am »
Last spring my "dealer" came out to install an ozonator.  Since he charged me what they charge for the current Watkins unit, I assumed that's what I got.  A few weeks later when I had the service panel open, I saw the he had installed a JED103.  Not that that's a bad unit, it's just 1/4th the price of the Watkins unit.  I called him and asked him (a certified Watkins dealer) why he put this aftermarket unit in my tub and charged me so much.  After a little back and forth, he got belligerent and hung up on me.  He called back later and said we were "cut off" but I know when I'm hung up on.  So I got charged approx $300 in labor for a 15 minute installation.   >:(

Doctors
Lawyers
Plumbers
Hot Tub Dealers

Before the flaming starts, I know that all the dealers who post here are honest, loyal and trustworthy.  OK?

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:14:40 am »
Not to throw stones, but why did you all buy tubs from a dealer that you dont like and feels is terrible.
Fair question, and the simple answer is that the Optima (and the Cameo) were the ONLY tubs we were interested in and this dealer is the only show in town for Sundance.

As for the warranty, it's not that Sundance provides a bad one.  In fact, it's known as one of the better ones.  The problem is how the local dealer chooses to IMPLEMENT the warranty.  A good dealer (like yours) will take care of you quickly and correctly and not fight you on a particular issue.  Whereas a bad dealer (like mine and Campsalot's) will question whether something is really wrong with your tub and perhaps try to place blame on the customer.

In the end I don't expect to have to pay money for any warranty work, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost me a lot of time and hassle to get it done.  Oh well, at least I still love my tub!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:15:42 am by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 11:32:18 am »
He called back later and said we were "cut off" but I know when I'm hung up on.  So I got charged approx $300 in labor for a 15 minute installation.   >:(

That is absolutely a rip-off. >:( >:( >:(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 12:15:24 pm »
That is absolutely a rip-off. >:( >:( >:(

Terminator

Thanks Term.

I don't know if my ex-dealer posts here or not.  But if he does, he knows who he is.  Since I spoke to him about it, he knows he had a customer who felt ripped off.  I'm sure everyone in the retail business must have customers that feel this way (weather justified or not).

The way I figure it is, $300 rip-offs are going to happen now and again.  I guess it's part of life, so I will just live with it.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 12:50:29 pm »
As I have always stated...the dealer is as important as the manufacturer!

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 06:37:29 pm »
How about an old tub with no warranty and no problems??

Now i get a answere from Term

loosenupspas

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 04:58:47 pm »
Well Well Well....a Sundance dealer with an attitude.......that is so unusual.....

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 11:22:16 am »
Yeah, while we are venting, I hate high gas prices. I have no option but to accept it, but I hate them none the less. Gas compies making RECORD multi BILLION dollar proffits, and gouging the consumer. It's unbelievable that we all pay THEIR prices.

How long have you had your tub?

I too have a very very hard time with "service fees' for warrenty work, but I accept they exist. I hate it, but I accept it. (it's true in many many industries. Not just Hot tubs). Gone are the days when warrenty's were "We fix it, no cost to you".  I uderstand the dealer needs to make money, but for warrenty work (not nusiance calls or user errors), ot should be between the dealer and the manufactuer.  :-X :P
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:41 am »
HAAaaahaha, now THAT'S funny, I love sarcasm.

Well Well Well....a Sundance dealer with an attitude.......that is so unusual.....
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42