What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foam in my tub-helpppppppppppppppppp  (Read 4580 times)

mcmishka

Foam in my tub-helpppppppppppppppppp
« on: November 05, 2006, 05:07:32 pm »
We recently bought a Caldera Tahitian.  We have too much foam when all the jets are on.  Is there a simple fix for this or do we really need to rinse ourselves before we go in?  I did try foam fighter, but it still comes back during our soak.  Other than the foam, we are in spatopia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Foam in my tub-helpppppppppppppppppp
« on: November 05, 2006, 05:07:32 pm »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Foam in my tub-helpppppppppppppppppp
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:22:11 pm »
Are you sure it's foam (as in soap residue) or could it just be air bubbles?  My tub gets patches of bubbles when the jets are really going but they disappear as soon as I turn the pumps off...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:23:09 pm »
I had the same problem 5 weeks ago with my new tub.  I didn't add any chemicals, just rinsed our bathing suits a few times in the washer machine with no soap.  The foam cleared a few days later.

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:25:53 pm »
mcmishka,

Shock the poop out of it (MPS) it should take care of it in 24 hours, if not you could add a little ( 50 to 60 mls) of clarifier and let the jets run for 2 hours

Should work, good luck
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:26:44 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:07:45 pm »
Scoop out the foam with a pool skimmer as best you can and hit the tub with MPS. You will see the foam dissipate in 20 minutes. You will also get a gunky waterline from the foam.

Don't wash bathing suits! I have a bathing suit specifically for the tub and it doesn't get washed. I know some people say they rinse it but I don't bother with that either ... at times I soak in chlorine and in the summer it goes into the chlorinated pool so I feel it's clean. I only wear it for those activities, nothing else.

Clarifier, enzymes and filter cleaner can contribute to the foam too.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 07:33:16 pm »
I agree with vinny

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:05:44 am »
agreed, never wash you swim trunks.  I dont know if you are tubbing with the wife, but my wife is notorious for cream rinse in her hair, body lotions etc. etc.  So now she goes in at night before she lotions herself up.  This has also helped us out.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 09:41:42 am »
Dont even wear bathing suits!

If the foam you're seeing is a fluffly, sudsy  foam, its probably from the suits. I scoop and then hit it with a few spritzs of foam down.

If it's a more efervecent fizzy foam, it may be from the air injectors, and/or a sign that yout Total Disolved Solids (TDS) is getting high and you are due for a water change out.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 02:04:39 pm »

If it's a more efervecent fizzy foam, it may be from the air injectors, and/or a sign that yout Total Disolved Solids (TDS) is getting high and you are due for a water change out.

Or that you're using Baqua Spa!
Brewman

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:28:49 pm »
Try the Zorbo found at Spadepot.com:  http://www.spadepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MT1052

Works well for me.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 09:17:54 am »
have you had any luck yet with eliminating you foam issue?

mcmishka

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 04:05:34 pm »
Bosco,
I am the wife (your post stated something in regards to the wife having conditioner and lotion on).  Just wanted to clear that up.  I am guilty of lotion.  We are going to rinse before using.  Back to your question.  We are still foaming and our water is cloudy.  Almost yellow/kind of murky looking.  Are water level was low, so water may not have been filtering well.  Level is up.  We were low on PH, added 4 oz. of PH increaser.  We put in a tablespoon of Zip Clor (per dealer recommendation).  Water looks better, but not clear yet.  We still have foam, enough to skim out several times with a net and still more foam keeps coming.  We have not been in since Sunday night.  Miss it already:(    Anyone have any suggustions????????????????????  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 04:14:02 pm »
well I would say to you that it is time for a drain and refill.  I think your water chemistry has just gotten to far out of hand.  

mcmishka

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:17 pm »
You really think I should drain it?  I called the dealer yesterday and asked if I should drain and he said that I did not need to.  He also did not give me a whole lot of ideas to try to fix the problem.  The test strip shows all is well.  

In Canada eh

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 05:41:06 pm »
mcmishka,

I agree with bosco, time to drainand fill.  Your TDS (total disolved solids) could be high and be the culprit behind your problems :(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:41:32 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 05:41:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42