What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SUPER Slippery deck!!!  (Read 3210 times)

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
SUPER Slippery deck!!!
« on: November 06, 2006, 06:09:59 pm »
My tub is recessed into my pressure treated deck.  We're finding that when the conditions are just right, you can almost skate from the tub to the house.  :o

Has anyone come up with a great home remedy for this?  I've thought about anti-slip strips but not sure if it would adhere to the deck.  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

SUPER Slippery deck!!!
« on: November 06, 2006, 06:09:59 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: SUPER Slippery deck!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »
We put down a narrow piece of outdoor carpet (looks like a putting green) Occasionally I have to hose it off.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:34:05 pm »
When it is time to stain and/or seal the deck add some sand to the mixture.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:06 pm »
When I had a wood platform and steps out the back door, I used to use cooking salt to melt the ice, of course if I am assuming your talking about an icy deck. I would also try what Bill said for now too.

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 08:33:43 pm »
I'm also thinking about flip flops, (sandles) for the hole family, but it's tough to find them this time of year.  Outdoor carpet sounds good as well.

George

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 08:52:48 pm »
I have floor mats and wear slippers.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:39:18 pm »
I was going to use wood but opted for a cement pad.  Instead of smooth cement we went with exposed concrete.  The stones create excellent traction.  On the stamp parts we use a product called shark bite. You mix it with sealer and it acts like grip.

So I wonder if you can add shark bite to pressure treatment like thompsons deck seal.  It is honestly an amazing thing to use.  People add it to stamping around pools.  It is great.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:27 pm »
Be careful with the flip flops too, they're slippery because they are smooth on the bottom.  We lay old towels on the steps when we go out and pick them up when we come in.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:06:22 am »
My wife followed the latest footwear trend this year and bought a pair of CROCs.
Normally I tease her about her collection of shoes but I thought that these were perfect to kick around in during the summer so I bought a pair too! :-[

For those of you who don't know, CROCs are like a cross between sandals and flip-flops, as light as air and they feel like they're made out of "NERF" material.  They're also really grippy and easy to kick on and off, making them PERFECT for the trip between the back door and the tub, even in the coldest weather.

Wood deck, flagstone, concrete, all no match for my funky footwear! 8-)

...because integrity's the key

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 05:50:55 pm »
My wife followed the latest footwear trend this year and bought a pair of CROCs.
Normally I tease her about her collection of shoes but I thought that these were perfect to kick around in during the summer so I bought a pair too! :-[

For those of you who don't know, CROCs are like a cross between sandals and flip-flops, as light as air and they feel like they're made out of "NERF" material.  They're also really grippy and easy to kick on and off, making them PERFECT for the trip between the back door and the tub, even in the coldest weather.

Wood deck, flagstone, concrete, all no match for my funky footwear! 8-)

My daughter has a pair of Crocs.  ::)
That's a great idea SW, why didn't I think of that???
I getting real slow in my old age.  :P

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
FYI, if you buy from their web site you can save some coin. Crocs are trendy and overpriced right now.  Buying from the web makes them cheaper.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 08:37:41 pm »
I tried on several styles of Crocs the other day....but for $30 (current price)....yikes.....on the UP side of that, however, they would've been half price, as the shoe store I was checking out had a "buy one, get second half off" sale going on.....seems popular around here.
RIP C-Rod

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:45 pm »
Lots of knockoffs out there now that are cheaper...

Slimchance, I saw a whole display of these pseudoCRCOCs at COSCO on Wonderland Rd last week.  They might still have 'em.  

Dare ya to buy the pink ones. ;)
...because integrity's the key

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42