What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 880 owners -- Economy vs Standard mode  (Read 5777 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Sundance 880 owners -- Economy vs Standard mode
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »
Was playing with my tub controls and when I pressed the Mode button I noticed the display went from showing "Standard" to not showing anything.  According to the manual (and the addendum that came with it) the display should cycle between "Standard" and "Economy".  Can someone check on their 880-series tub and see if yours shows "Economy"?  Or does it go from "Standard" to nothing?

Somewhat related note -- I'm noticing that the built-in clock runs very fast.  I think it gained 45 minutes in just a couple of days.  Not a huge deal, but eventually it's going to get WAY off if I don't watch it, to a point where the daily blowout cycle will be happening in the middle of the night instead of at noon like it's supposed to do.  Anyone else observed this?

I wonder if my control panel is bad...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance 880 owners -- Economy vs Standard mode
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:00 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Sundance 880 owners -- Economy vs Standard mod
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:48 am »
45 minutes in 2 days?....I'd say you have a major problem with your controller....economy/standard notwithstanding....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:08:16 am »
Try keeping an eye on the time for a week or two, and see if it keeps creeping or if it stabilizes.  For some reason, my Optima likes to set itself about 10 or 15 minutes ahead of real time.  

Try manually resetting the time and see if the same time creep happens.  

Once you have more information, call your dealer and see what they have to say.  

I know my display shows "economy" if I toggle into that mode, not sure off hand what it says if I'm not in economy mode.  I don't use the economy mode.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:08:38 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Hammster

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:06:43 am »
Mine shows economy or standard on the displey when I push that button on the control panel. The clock never gains or loses time. In fact it even reset itself when we went off daylight savings time last weekend.
I think your control panel has a problem for sure.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:29:57 am »
Mine shows economy or standard on the displey when I push that button on the control panel. The clock never gains or loses time. In fact it even reset itself when we went off daylight savings time last weekend.
That's what I was afraid of.  What year is your Optima?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:30:28 am »
I remember some posts last year with the control panel and wireing having some issues on Sundance.  

vanduse1

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:34:03 am »
Mine goes from Standard to 'nothing'.  So, I am guessing there are different versions of the firmware.  Mine tub was manufactured in August of this year (2006)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:36:29 am »
Mine goes from Standard to 'nothing'.  So, I am guessing there are different versions of the firmware.  Mine tub was manufactured in August of this year (2006)
Aha!  The plot thickens!  Mine was born in October 2006 so yeah, they may have switched controls.  Do your buttons have words on them or symbols?  In the manual it shows that it should have words (Mode, Cycle, etc), but in the addendum it has symbols.  Mine has words...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hammster

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:41:24 am »
That's what I was afraid of.  What year is your Optima?

I have a 2006 Capri, but the control panels are the same.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:41:39 am by Hammster »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 10:43:55 am »
Here's the "old" panel shown in the owner's manual (and the exact panel I have):

And here's the "new" panel shown in the addendum that came with the tub:

Very strange... does anyone have the "new" panel with the symbols instead of the words?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 10:52:21 am »
Here's the "old" display as shown in the owners manual:

And the "new" display shown in the addendum:

So it appears that I have the "old" style buttons, but the "new" style display.  Can anyone else confirm this?  Perhaps vanduse1, since you seem to be observing the same "Standard" or nothing display?  Also, has your clock been keeping accurate time?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hammster

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 10:56:39 am »
I have the "old" panel as well. Even though it's a 2006 tub, not sure how it can be "old". LOL.
Based on the additional screen shots, economy is no longer shown on the LCD display in the "new" panel. Still think the clock is hosed tho.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 12:09:05 pm »
45 minutes in 2 days?....I'd say you have a major problem with your controller....

Or some computer whizz overclocked your Optima.  ;)

Sorry to hear about your troubles though.  Give the dealer a call.  If this is a common issue, they'll certainly know about it.
...because integrity's the key

vanduse1

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 05:23:16 pm »
I also have the "old" style buttons and the "new" style display.  So we seem to have the same situation.  I have not taken a look at the clock in a long time.  I will check it this weekend make sure it is set and keep an eye on it to see if it runs fast.

slimchance

• Jacuzzi J-365 Oh Ya!!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 06:12:53 pm »
Was playing with my tub controls and when I pressed the Mode button I noticed the display went from showing "Standard" to not showing anything.  According to the manual (and the addendum that came with it) the display should cycle between "Standard" and "Economy".  Can someone check on their 880-series tub and see if yours shows "Economy"?  Or does it go from "Standard" to nothing?

Somewhat related note -- I'm noticing that the built-in clock runs very fast.  I think it gained 45 minutes in just a couple of days.  Not a huge deal, but eventually it's going to get WAY off if I don't watch it, to a point where the daily blowout cycle will be happening in the middle of the night instead of at noon like it's supposed to do.  Anyone else observed this?

I wonder if my control panel is bad...

Hey pg_rider,

I have a jacuzzi thats gainning an hour a day. Likely our control packs came of the same line.  Jacuzzi knows there is problem with the e-prom on the motherboard.  They are sending my dealer the part early next week for him to swap out.  I've been told its effecting most of the September/October production runs.  

Your top controls and mine are almost identical even though they're different tubs.  Call the service tech cause it's not going away until the eprom is replaced... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 06:12:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42