What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mmmmm.. temp dropped.. heres a pic  (Read 4967 times)

dkersten

Mmmmm.. temp dropped.. heres a pic
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:36:55 am »
Went from 70 degrees yesterday afternoon to 18 degrees and 2 inches of snow this morning.  Yes, a 52 degree drop.  It was a beautiful, sunny day yesterday, had the windows and french doors all open wide, had a birthday party for my youngest daughter, and 10 little girls were running in and out and all around for 5 hours.. went out for a soak at about 8 pm and it was 40 degrees, and clouding up.  This morning, it looked like this out my back door:

I am having a problem right now however.. Monday night has turned into the best night on TV.. Heroes, studio 60, season finale of Weeds on Showtime.. I am gonna have to be careful as to when I can get out there and soak because it looks SOO inviting..

Hot Tub Forum

Mmmmm.. temp dropped.. heres a pic
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:36:55 am »

Webini

Re: Mmmmm.. temp dropped.. heres a pic
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:39:05 am »
I am having a problem right now however.. Monday night has turned into the best night on TV.. Heroes, studio 60, season finale of Weeds on Showtime.. I am gonna have to be careful as to when I can get out there and soak because it looks SOO inviting..

TIVO is your friend.  I have not worried about what day or time a show is on in two years.  The only live TV I watch is sports.

Set yourself free!

dkersten

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:46:22 am »

TIVO is your friend.  I have not worried about what day or time a show is on in two years.  The only live TV I watch is sports.

Set yourself free!
I agree, but the problem is time.. if I soak before the shows, I am up til about midnite watching them.. If I wait til after it will be almost 11 pm, and I cant soak that close to bedtime.. makes my back itch too much..

Might have to settle for a 15 or 20 minute soak after dinner, before shows start.. or maybe just stay up late..

Or maybe skip dinner and ignore the kids and let the wife deal with all that.. hmm.. I like that idea..

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:08:27 pm »
I agree with the Tivo comment. I used to have my own PVR on my computer, then stream to my TV, but now I have a DVR from my cable company as I like how it's all integrated into the same guide.

I will never go back to live TV!

It's the efficient way to watch TV. You can catch up to live programming by fast forwarding through the commercials. We watch twice the amount of TV in one night since we got our DVR.

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:20:21 pm »
Let's not forget that Studio 60 and Weeds share the same time slot.  So....you either need a 2-tuner DVR, more than one DVR or you have to watch Weeds live (no commercials) while recording Studio 60.  I like the 2-tuner DVR option myself  :D

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 12:52:47 pm »
The solution is 2 dual tuner TIVO's! Not only that but I have both an east coast and west coast network feed on the satellite so in theory I could record up to 8 different shows in the same hour as long as 4 of them are on the networks. But most shows on cable channels usually get repeated frequently so I can't recall the last time I had a conflict. Just have to be careful how you prioritize shows.
 ;)

But I do have a bit of a backlog...
 :o

Decided to start watching Heroes based on comments others had made. Didn't watch it initially. But they had a marathon last week so that I could catch up on chapters 2-5. Odd though that the pilot wasn't part of the marathon so I still haven't seen that "chapter".

I don't even watch sports live anymore. I will start recording it and when I hit a commercial I can watch some other show for awhile and then go back to the game for awhile. If I time it right I usually finish up at about the same time as the game and have seen at least one other show in the process!

Haven't seen a commercial I didn't want to see in about 3 years.  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:54:31 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »
Wow, I found other people who watch Weeds.  I don't know anyone IRL who watches that show.  I even had the original Little Boxes as my song on my My Space page for a while, lol.  People were like WTF is that.   :)  

Weeds is the only show we usually watch live and that is because it doesn't have commericals.  We DVR pretty much everything else.  Its amazing how much faster you can get through stuff.

My only complaint is how much space HD stuff takes up in the memory (7% for 1 hour show).  My husband has so much poker saved that we have to record everything not in HD and I hate watching everything with black boxes on the side and wasting 1/4 the screen size.

dkersten

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 03:22:42 pm »
I have 3 dual tuner DVR's.. my wife works for the cable company so I get all the cable channels, extra DVR's for $3 a month each, free internet, and $25 for phone service.  Oh, and I get on demand and pay per view for half price too.

The biggest problem is when the cable company schedules a show wrong and adds a minute, and that can cause a conflict if I have 2 shows recording in that slot.  I have had to cancel recordings and set them up on a different TV because of that.  I dont like having to go to a different TV to watch a show..

4 hours of shows tonight that I dont want to miss, and the kids want to carve pumpkins tonight too.. and now with this wonderful cold weather and snow, I really want to soak too.. I am gonna have to squeeze it all in and probably not get to bed before midnite..

Just realized I have to soak right after work tomorrow because I am on candy duty all night while my wife takes the kids out for trick-or-treating too.. I like to go about 8 or 9 pm.. not at 6 pm.. :(

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:37 pm »
I;ll chime in on the DVR, they are great. The Dual Channel is the only way to go. I had to fight with my sat company to get one. They were offering it *free* to new subscribers, but wouldn't let me have a dual channel DVR at any price. (I've been a customer for 6 years). WTF?  I told them their competition was offering me a free dual channel and free instlation. They didnt care.

I was dumbfounded.

A quick e-mail to the VP asking why they didn't want my business and why are thier managers telling me to go the competition quickly got me my dual DVR.   ;)

07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 04:40:03 pm »
Really cool pic of the new snow! Crazy that the temp dropped so fast.

Oh, and yeah, I like Tivo too. I haven't seen many commercials in the last 2 years, so I never know what movies are coming out, or what the campaigning politicians have to say about each other right now. Boo hoo. ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 05:40:38 pm »
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Great Pic!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 07:17:31 pm »
I am soooo waiting for snow fallin on my bald head whilst relaxin in the spa.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

ctkathy

Location Free TV
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 07:21:22 pm »
I bought my husband a Sony location free TV about a year or two ago.  Haven't used it much, but since we got the hot tub we take it out there and can watch anything on TV.  It's really kind of fun!   If someone is looking for a special Christmas present, this just might work for you.  

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:03:56 pm »
i wish that i had that much time to watch tv

Tubaholic

• HS Grandee Indoors
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 11:59:38 pm »
We sit in the tub and watch tv all the time while listening to it on surround sound..Its the best couch I ever had.... Take a look
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/Tubaholic/Hot%20Tub%20Room/TubnTV.jpg

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 11:59:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42