What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your first tub purchase  (Read 6025 times)

tileman

Your first tub purchase
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »
What was everybodies first tub purchase and how old were you. Any funny stories to tell?

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

Your first tub purchase
« on: October 27, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Your first tub purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 01:47:43 pm »
Used 05 Hot Spring Envoy, I was 28.  The pretty little thing celebrates its one year adopted birthday with us next month.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:51:02 pm »
I purchased my first and only tub in February 2006, with delivery for August 2006.  I purchased an Arctic Spas Tundra Signature Series.  I was 28 at the time.  I feel like an old man already and needed this tub.  I have been a police officer since I was 21 and I feel like I grew up quickly and relate to older people than people my own age.

Funny story, I can only think of one.  My wife refused to wet test in public so I brought my best friend with me.  The day I went to wet test, it was freezing out and a snow storm.  My buddy and I went into the store around 6pm just before store close.  

We went in the tundra at the back of the store.  It was under an enclosed gazeebo.  The tub was at 104 inside the store.  We got in and it was really hot.  The two of us were boiling hot, my buddy decided to get out of the tub and run outside into the cold.  

The problem was that he was barefoot and when he ran to the parking lot heslipped on the ice and fell on his rear.  He tried to recover because the tub shop is beside a tanning salon that was packed with hot looking girls.  So he tried to be cool and was pretending to be rolling in the snow.  When he came back in he was covered in oil from a car.  I guess he chose to roll in a puddle of oil.

Maybe not that funny, but I sure laughed my butt off.

tileman

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:56:37 pm »
No it's really funny! LOL ;D ;D ;D. I would pay good money to see a fall like that.

Tom

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm »
We bought our first hot tub fifteen years ago.   Since I now work for Arctic, I won't name the brand, but since we've only been in business for 12 years, you know it wasn't one of ours.

Funny stories?  The thing was a mouse resort.  The little beasties considered it the mouse equivalent of the Costa del Sol and came from miles around to tunnel in the foam, enjoy the warmth, and raise their families.  Sweeping up little crumbs of foam was a daily chore.  

Anyways, we always had six or eight traps set around the base, and one night I climbed out of the spa without watching and stepped right onto a mouse trap.  Snap!

My wife thought it was hilarious and almost drowned ROTFLHAO. >:(

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:34:48 pm »
Ouch! That must have hurt. >:(  I'm curiuos why you won't tell us the brand as it was so long ago.  :-?

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:14:04 pm »
this is my first tub i know that it is a leasure bay tub about 7 years old with 12 jets and a blower sytem but this is all i know about this tub. I got it for 400$. The best thing is it fits me like a glove.
Some of my nabors also have now a tub's and a flote out of every one.

lskarp

• There is no patch for stupid
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 04:15:12 pm »
Bosco, the funniest thing about that story is you and your buddy chillin' and playing footsies in a hottub under a gazeebo in a store.

My first purchase was in May/June this year.  Vita Nuage.  Never really aspired to own a spa, but teh wife wanted it.  We are still using it 4+ nights a week.  I call it the night night machine.  After 20-30 mins in there, I lay down and I go right to sleep.

Funny thing about spa's is that they are like boats.  They promote nakedness, especially with hot divorced neighbor ladies.  Wait, that's not funny!!!

tileman

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 04:27:12 pm »
The only story I have so far is that once the word got out to my neighbors that I was getting a spa, they started to be alot more friendly. ;)  My one neighbor across the street has even brought over homemade dinners a few times. Before it was strictly some small talkin' and now this. :-? It makes you wonder what they really want.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 06:05:07 pm »
My first and only tub is my 05 Artesian Cayman, I got it at 46 years old.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:05:28 pm by Vinny »

tileman

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 09:01:40 pm »
I think at 23 (24 next month), I might be the youngest tub owner on this forum. 8-)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 11:01:50 am »
Got the HS Grandee at the end of March '06, at the ripe old age of 35 (I felt like 85, what with the back and neck pains)....
The only "funny" thing I can recall (old-timer's disease) is when my son came outside one night to complain...my hubby and I didn't want to hear it, because that's supposed to be the "NO BEOTCHING ZONE". Well, the hubby told Junior that he wasn't wearing his swim shorts.....my son was a non-believer until he got mooned. Let's say that his complaint session ended rather abruptly....I sat in the tub (with my suit ON), choking and sputtering, telling hubby to SIT DOWN before the neighbors saw and complained or started hitting on him....
RIP C-Rod

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 08:28:22 pm »
We are "Late Bloomers":  we just bought our first tub two months ago.  I am 52. We had thought about it for a number of years but kept putting it until "next year".  We spent a few days with a family member who had a Coleman Spa:  after using it a few times we decided to stop putting it off, and in about a month after that we had our first tub on order:  a Hot Springs Grande.

Bill

gturn

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 09:43:40 pm »
My first tub was at age 45 in 2000, a two seater, my current tub is an 8 footer.

Tom

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:27:50 pm »
 I'm curiuos why you won't tell us the brand as it was so long ago.  :-?

Following the forum rules.... Don't want to be seen as bashing a competitor.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 12:27:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42