What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HYDRO SPA ?????  (Read 13877 times)

dead men walking

HYDRO SPA ?????
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:12:17 am »
   I am looking at the Hydro spa Millennium for about $6700 ith delivery, cover, stairs and set up from a local dealer. Any thoughts on the company and the spa. Also if there are other choices in the same price range. I think i really like the valcano jets. Help me

Hot Tub Forum

HYDRO SPA ?????
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:12:17 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: HYDRO SPA ?????
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:30:33 am »
Hydro Spa isn't mentioned much.

Spas for about the same money would be secondary spas of Sundance, D1, Marquis and Artesian. Look at Beachcomber and Jacuzzi as well. There could be others too!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:30:50 am by Vinny »

tileman

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 10:35:37 am »
There are tons of spas out there for that price. What other manufacturers are in your area? Let us know and we'll go from there.

Tileman

dead men walking

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 10:46:05 am »
I'm in Buffalo and there are most of them brands except bullforg.

tileman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 10:51:49 am »
I guess the next step would be to start wet testing and try to find a dealer that you feel comfortable with. Let us know what models you liked and we'll supply some feedback.
 When you said you like the volcano jets are you talking about the footwell dome?

Chad

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:30:16 am »
I found some reviews on Hydrospas in the reviews section of rhtubs.com. :)

George

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 11:56:40 am »
  I am looking at the Hydro spa Millennium for about $6700 ith delivery, cover, stairs and set up from a local dealer. Any thoughts on the company and the spa. Also if there are other choices in the same price range. I think i really like the valcano jets. Help me
Hydro Spa is the 5th largest Spa MFG in the World.  Has been making spas longer than almost all other spa companies, since 1975.  They are not liked in the Forums because they sell spas to Big Box Retailers and compete against the major brands by offering a lot of features for the money.  They make a premium line of spas of which the Millennium is one, they also make discount retailer spas.  The Hot Tub sold by Costco in the stores for the past two years the Platinum is made by Hydro Spa, this is a version of their premium spas with a few modifications to get the price down to $3999.  The new PlatinumIII is due out at Costco any day, it has the foot dome, stereo, and all the features of more expensive spas. The dealers don't like the competition so they trash the company and the spas.  Hydro Spa is a dirty word here.  The forums are not nice to people who own them and they tell people looking at them to buy another brand.  Over all they make some good spas and some cheap spas. Hope that helps.

tileman

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »
 :-? I wonder what the service is like from Costco spas? :-?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:03:39 pm by tileman »

George

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 12:45:35 pm »
If you buy a tub from Costco, Home Depot, Walmart, or online you are not paying for service.  You are on your own to deal with the MFG for warranty issues.  With a dealer purchased spa you are paying for service in the price of the tub.  Some people are willing to take that risk to save some money, others are not.  You can buy name brand tubs from Costco online, including Hot Springs.  I saw Sundance doing a road show at Costco last week, they have a contract with Costco this year to and with the road shows you get the local dealer doing the sales thru Costco.

gturn

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 01:02:35 pm »
Hydro Spa makes some real nice spas, if the dealer is good I wouldn't be afraid of it.  Hydro Spa has some of the tightest cabinets, built on those heavy duty molded bases instead of a piece of plastic stapled on the bottom.  Cal-Spa also has volcano jets in a foot dome, you might want to check them out to.  I almost bought a Cal-Spa because of the volcano jets in the foot dome.  Hydro Spa sells some cheap spas at Walmart, you want to stay away from those.

tileman

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 08:08:34 pm »

If you buy a tub from Costco, Home Depot, Walmart, or online you are not paying for service.  You are on your own to deal with the MFG for warranty issues.  With a dealer purchased spa you are paying for service in the price of the tub.  Some people are willing to take that risk to save some money, others are not.  You can buy name brand tubs from Costco online, including Hot Springs.  I saw Sundance doing a road show at Costco last week, they have a contract with Costco this year to and with the road shows you get the local dealer doing the sales thru Costco.
I don't know about you but there is no way I'm buying anything from anyone who doesn't give a S%#@ about you the moment you leave the store.
 I'm not a fan of these supercenter stores that sell  everything from hot dogs to spas. They come into towns and run out all the small businesses that have been providing something more than just a product, but a little thing called customer service and truly want you to be happy.
 These "mom and pop" stores have been around since the beginning and are  there not just to make money but to educate their consumers on their products and won't let you leave until you are fully knoweledgeable working it. They'll take you to a demonstration room and go over the entire process of working the certain item your purchasing.
The big guys can't do this because of their extremely high overhead. Thats why they sell quantity instead of quality. They must hit certain numbers each month to stay alive. Whereas a small business w/ little overhead can provide you with a product at a similar price but still provide great service and actually be knowledgable about what their selling.
Big businesses are the downfall of the world. Before long Wal-Mart will be it. You want fast food , McWal-Mart, you want beer, Wal-Beer, you want tile,Wal-Tile, I think you get the picture. Why would you want to support such a mega corp that wants the middle class gone? 20 years from now if we let this continue , either you're pay check to pay check or you write paycheck after paycheck. I try to do everything I can to support small businesses as I am a part owner of one. I would rather have my kids work for a small family ran business that teaches good morals than a business who only looks at you as a #. But we all have our own opinions, right?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:45:09 am by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 06:52:22 am »
Anyone actually have one of these Costco spas? I would like to hear about your experience thus far.

Chad

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 07:15:24 am »
Wow, a part owner of a business and with kids too? all at 23? Thanks for the socioeconomic lesson, flawed though it is....

"Big business are the down fall of the world"? I suppose you bought that 350Z from a small independent auto maker? And that Jaccuzzi you just purchased? Some 4 man shop?

"Megacorp wants the middle class gone"? How many millionaire executypes you see walking around Home Depot? Ha!. The middle class drives the big box stores, they are their life blood.

Getting the thread back on point, there is a reason for the low price of the big box spa. Yes, volume is one, and not having to provide a service support team is another. Buyers need to know this going in and make their decision about the purchase price with this in mind. For some this is the right choice, and they are entitled to make it without feeling belittled for doing so. Not everyone can afford a Jaccuzzi.
Bullfrog 562

tileman

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 08:02:54 am »
Part owner yes, kids no.
 You're not seeing my point at all. Last I checked my Z and spa were purchased from small family owned dealers. You do still know it is possible to have your own franchise right. You said and I quote,
'' How many millionaire executypes you see walking around Home Depot? Ha!. The middle class drives the big box stores, they are their life blood.''
 Where else are they supposed to go? They drove every other business out of town.

I'm also not sure if you read my post about how much I pid for my JACUZZI, but it was $6095. DMW was saying his Hydrospa was $6700.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:10:39 am by tileman »

IDW

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:39:43 am »
I have fixed a few sold by a local liquidator. Hydro spa still has not paid me and I will fix them no more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:39:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42