What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trixie wants to know...  (Read 8766 times)

Bama

Trixie wants to know...
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:58:21 pm »
OK, there's a little bit of a slimy feel to the nook and crannies of the tub seats.
The test strips indicate that all levels of chemicals are in great shape.
So, if the water ALWAYS tests out ok, then where does the slime come from and is it a  problem?
*The tub is only 2 weeks old and it's the original water fill in case that matters.

Hot Tub Forum

Trixie wants to know...
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:58:21 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Trixie wants to know...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:06:15 pm »
Does Trixie wear lotion, make up, have hair with conditioner and/or other hair products?  I honestly would think the slime would be attributed to these factors rather than *ahem* *romance*, but then again you could, I mean Trixie, could always try my method and see if that makes a difference or not.   ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:07:07 pm »
Is it from Trixie's romance? ::)

What chems are you using?  Slimy doesn't usually happen.

Do you keep all the jets on when shocking or dosing with dichlor? Do you leave all the jets on if your tub clears it's lines?

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:40:28 pm »
Bama,

I followed along on the last Trixie post and laughed my butt off.   Brooke your candor is appreciated and I would love for you to have a good long talk with my wife ;D

Back to the question,  if "Trixie" is  concerned with what the "yuks" could be in "her" tub she could try try a chlorine shock.   Raise the chlorine level to about 10ppm and what ever it is will be dead and gone.  The only draw back is "she" will have to wait a couple of days to use the tub.  I think Brooke and Vinny hit the nail on the head when they mentioned lotions, hairsprays, make up etc.

Tell "Trixie" good luck
Bullfrog 451

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:10 pm »
Is this where that bottle of Enzyme stuff comes into play?  

Naturally removes oil, lotion, and organics from spa water using nature's enzyme power.

Maybe clarifier?
2005 HS Vanguard

anne

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:27:59 am »
Could it also be that it is new-tub-syndrome, so that skin oils and the like are a factor? (They say that all kinds of crud gets released from our pores when we become regular tubbers). Also, it is generally a good idea just to keep your hair out of the tub so that conditioners and whatever are not introduced to the water. Now, just sitting there relaxing, that is a no brainer. But with other activites, perhaps, one might not be so careful....
Dance like nobody's watching

Bama

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:59 am »
Does Trixie wear lotion, make up, have hair with conditioner and/or other hair products?  I honestly would think the slime would be attributed to these factors rather than *ahem* *romance*, but then again you could, I mean Trixie, could always try my method and see if that makes a difference or not.   ;D

Actually, Trixie showers before hot tubbing, shouldn't that remove all the skanky stuff, lotion, make-up, and hair conditioner?
  I'm not sure if Trixie's man, Rod showers or not?  Maybe, it's him?

Yes, your method...uh hmm?  I've "heard"  that is very effective.  Thanks for the help, I'll pass that along to Trixie, but I have a feeling she is up to date on that.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:50:55 am by Bama »

Bama

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 09:37:26 am »
Is it from Trixie's romance? ::)

What chems are you using?  Slimy doesn't usually happen.

Do you keep all the jets on when shocking or dosing with dichlor? Do you leave all the jets on if your tub clears it's lines?

I don't think it is from Trixie's romance, but I'm not sure?  That Trixie is piece of work!   It would seem that all extra-bodily fluids would be dissolved?  Why would it collect in just the curves and other nooks and crannies?

The chemicals used daily is Dichlor,  I, Trixie uses 2 capfuls/ 650 gallons of water after the final soak of the day.  
***The tub is used 3-4 times per day.  Trixie is a busy girl!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:40:43 am by Bama »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 09:39:00 am »
I'd think that if there was a significant amount of oils and such in the water to make the shell slippery, then I'd think you're water clarity would be off, or at the very least see some oil slicks or rainbowing on the water surface? It could just be a well waxed shell, or the factory finish.
07 Caldera Geneva

Bama

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 09:49:03 am »
I'd think that if there was a significant amount of oils and such in the water to make the shell slippery, then I'd think you're water clarity would be off, or at the very least see some oil slicks or rainbowing on the water surface? It could just be a well waxed shell, or the factory finish.

Drewstar, you are a genious!!!!

That makes sense...possibly Trixie didn't get the shell as clean as it should have been prior to the initial filling?  That would explain why the problem is just in the nooks and crannies!  
Keeping the water's PH balance, chlorine levels, and everything else on that frickin' test strip has been a piece of cake!!
Thanks so much!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:56:21 am »

You know, I keep telling folks that, but no one listens.  ;)

If it's annoying the hell out of you, try taking a Mr. Clean Magic eraser and wipping the area's that are slick.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are your friend.
07 Caldera Geneva

Bama

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 10:01:22 am »
Could it also be that it is new-tub-syndrome, so that skin oils and the like are a factor? (They say that all kinds of crud gets released from our pores when we become regular tubbers). Also, it is generally a good idea just to keep your hair out of the tub so that conditioners and whatever are not introduced to the water. Now, just sitting there relaxing, that is a no brainer. But with other activites, perhaps, one might not be so careful....

Hair in the tub is unavoidable, so if hair conditioners are released in the tub, wouldn't the test strips indicate something's out of whack?  That's the part that is confusing, test strips indicate all is well.
  Since Trixie showers prior to tubbing, and doesn't use much hair conditioner in the first place, how much conditioner would be too much?  Granted, Trixie has a lot of long hair, so there's probably more conditioner in her hair than she realizes.  Do you know of a hair conditioner that doesn't have a heavy wax base or is tub friendly while still managing to untangle a lot of long hair?  
Thanks for your help.

Bama

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:06:56 am »

If it's annoying the hell out of you, try taking a Mr. Clean Magic eraser and wipping the area's that are slick.

***I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy, of DREWSTAR THE GENIOUS!

Drewstar,

Yes, it is bugging the hell out of me, I mean Trixie!  She is a clean freak!
Do you know where these magicial MR. Clean easers are sold, Trixie needs all the friends she can get?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:08:30 am by Bama »

Bama

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 10:15:31 am »
Is this where that bottle of Enzyme stuff comes into play?  

Naturally removes oil, lotion, and organics from spa water using nature's enzyme power.

Maybe clarifier?

Is clarifier an enzyme, or are we talking two different products here?
Got some clarifier on hand, I could try that, but I'm so happy that my test strips indicate that the water is balanced, I'm darn near paranoid to introduce something new to the water.  But, then I really want the slimy feeling to go away!
Will clarifier effect other readings on the test strip?
Thanks for helping.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:59 am »

***I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy, of DREWSTAR THE GENIOUS!

Drewstar,

Yes, it is bugging the hell out of me, I mean Trixie!  She is a clean freak!
Do you know where these magicial MR. Clean easers are sold, Trixie needs all the friends she can get?

Anywhere household cleaners are sold: Grocery stores, department stores come quickly to mind. Careful with them. They work great on pools and hot tubs, but can break apart with too much scrubbing.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 10:23:26 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42