What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi problems  (Read 4969 times)

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
Jacuzzi problems
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:53:09 pm »
Hello again, I dumped my tub today and refilled and while adding the chemicals I came back inside and when I returned back outside 10 minutes later the tub was cut off..The display was just jibberish, no codes. So I turned off the disconnect, gave it a few minutes turned it back on and it seems like it is pumping twice and stopping again with the LED screen random. I had it running for about 20 minutes prior to this happening, and never had a problem before. Tub is only about 6 months old.
Jacuzzi J-355.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi problems
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:53:09 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Jacuzzi problems
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 12:53:23 pm »
Shut down for a good half hour or more.  Power back up and if problems persisit, note the behavior of you display and call a tech.  Your warranty should cover this.
Brewman

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
Tried that, thanks for the response. The tech said I needed a new upper and lower (?) board. So I had to call the 800 number and get them to send me the parts, once I got the box from them it only had the one board included..other was backordered. Now the question, it is supposed to get to 31-35 degrees with the daytime highs around 45 for the next few days. Should I worry about freezing(drain) or does it need to be an extended period of those temps? (no idea on how long the backorder will take)

Thanks!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:09:25 am »
That's a tough call.  
  What's the usual weather like in your area over the next couple weeks?

I live in Minnesota, and if I thought my spa would be unpowered for the next say 4 weeks, I'd drain the water out just to keep myself from fretting about freeze damage- I can be a worry wart about that stuff.  

If you do drain, make sure to get all the water out- My Optima has instructions on how to drain the water under these circumstances.  You have to be sure to get all the water out of the plumbing, pumps, heater, etc.....  
That's explained in my owners manual, perhaps yours has a section like that too.
I don't have your brand of spa, so your procedure may be different.

Maybe some of the techs who monitor the board can give you some better advice?

Brewman

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 11:36:07 am »
Tried that, thanks for the response. The tech said I needed a new upper and lower (?) board. So I had to call the 800 number and get them to send me the parts, once I got the box from them it only had the one board included..other was backordered. Now the question, it is supposed to get to 31-35 degrees with the daytime highs around 45 for the next few days. Should I worry about freezing(drain) or does it need to be an extended period of those temps? (no idea on how long the backorder will take)

Thanks!
Why did you have to order the parts?  Did you buy it new from an authorized dealer?  Your electronics should be covered under warranty, parts and labor.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:38 am »
Maybe your tub is underappricated? Have you been overlooking your tub?   ;D

/sorry.  
07 Caldera Geneva

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 12:43:40 pm »
Well the story behind that is I bought a Jacuzzi for the warranty, then about a month later I went back to the dealer to buy some chemicals and they were out of business. So, I had to call around and found the company that is doing the warranty work and he told me to call and get the parts. That really doesnt bother me, just the freezing problem...but it looks like it will not get below 34 for the next week.

Oh, and the parts were taken care of by the warranty...Not sure on the labor yet..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:44:37 pm by kayaknva »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:23:32 pm »
I'd hope Jacuzzi would provide labor in their warranty- possible trip charge not withstanding.
Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 06:42:37 pm »
Well the story behind that is I bought a Jacuzzi for the warranty, then about a month later I went back to the dealer to buy some chemicals and they were out of business. So, I had to call around and found the company that is doing the warranty work and he told me to call and get the parts. That really doesnt bother me, just the freezing problem...but it looks like it will not get below 34 for the next week.

Oh, and the parts were taken care of by the warranty...Not sure on the labor yet..

I would call Jacuzzi and ask to speak to a service manager. I can't believe that any reputable manufacturer would not help you out. You bought their product and have to worry about it yourself? I would hope that if they knew about your situation (and everyone who bought from this dealer) they will help you out.

If not, that would really say something about the company!

kayaknva

• Jacuzzi J355
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:15:40 am »
Hello all, just wanted to follow up on how the warranty worked out. They came out and fixed it for no charge whatsoever, I'm pretty impressed.

Thanks for all the help!

tileman

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 10:46:32 am »
Glad everthing turned out OK. :) I knew Jacuzzi wouldn't let you down.

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 10:46:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42