What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Blizzard in Colorado!  (Read 3263 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Blizzard in Colorado!
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:44:24 pm »
Well, we're getting hammered with snow and wind right now.  EVERYTHING is closed so no work today.  All I want to do is sit in the tub, but it's just blowing too much snow -- wouldn't be nice getting that in the face.

On a related note, my cover is doing it's job -- the snow is accumulating on it like crazy with no signs of melting (see pic).  Also, been very impressed with the tub's ability to withstand power outages.  The power was blinking out about every ten minutes for a couple seconds at a time.  I kept going out to check on the tub and it continued running just fine.  I thought it might reset or lock up with each outage, but apparently not... :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:45:43 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Blizzard in Colorado!
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:44:24 pm »

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
Re: Blizzard in Colorado!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »
Do you have a special snow broom/shovel for your cover?  

You'll be soaking in that baby as soon as the storm passes.

Happy soaking  ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:12:33 pm »
Do you have a special snow broom/shovel for your cover?  

You'll be soaking in that baby as soon as the storm passes.

Happy soaking  ;)

only after the driveway's cleared, and the walkway, and the steps.  Oh...don't forget the cars need to be cleaned off...   ;)

Are the folks in colorado anything like the people in New England? In New England, at the first sighting of a snowflake, you must instantly run to the store, and buy all the milk, bread and eggs availabe.  I don't know why, but that's what happens. I Guess snow makes people crave French Toast?  :D

07 Caldera Geneva

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:21:43 pm »
Are the folks in colorado anything like the people in New England? In New England, at the first sighting of a snowflake, you must instantly run to the store, and buy all the milk, bread and eggs availabe.  I don't know why, but that's what happens. I Guess snow makes people crave French Toast?  :D
It's worse dude, trust me.  I'm from Vermont originally, and this would be a minor storm there.  Here, it's like the apocolypse.  They don't even try to clear the roads when it snows, they just shut everything down and say "f*ck it".  Works for me... :)
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:59:21 pm »

Drewstar,

You hit the nail right on the head, for the life of me I cannot understand this behavior.  My God people its Canada we should be use to it.  The other one that drives me crazy is that a 1/2 inch of snow will cause everyone to drive at about 10 miles per hour on the highways :-?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:59:54 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 04:07:33 pm »
It let up enough for us to get in. Felt awesome!

Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:47:16 am »
what did you say that white stuff is???
we do not get that in south carolina ;D ;D ;D

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 08:16:30 am »
Heck, it was 87 here in N. Texas yesterday....had the AC on.

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 08:41:09 am »
Love the hats!   I never thought about head warmers in the winter.  How many other people where hats/caps/earmuffs etc?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 08:53:41 am »
the second picture is beautiful.......and the tub and scenery looks good to I guess :o

just kidding, looks like a blast, I am waiting for the first storm of the year.  Last winter my wife was pregnant with our baby and she could not use it in the winter, so this year should be so much fun for her.

I just pushed mine up to 104.  When we went in last night, we brought in some baileys with ice and sat in 105 water.  It was -2 and cold.  Great night for the tub.

What are you keeping the tub at???

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 11:23:24 am »
Funny, I'm getting slammed at work and on my motorcycle forum for the hats!  I thought it was a perfectly natural approach to soaking on a cold windy day, but I guess not!  Screw em though, I'm gonna keep wearing it! :D

As for temps, I'm keeping it set at 103.  It usually indicates 102 when I get in, and after about 10-15 minutes it drops to 101 and stays there.  I guess with a decent wind blowing 101 is the highest it can maintain, which is actually perfect after a good 20 minutes or so -- any hotter and I'd probaly want to get out...

One more pic -- I can't tell you how good the tub felt after doing this!  I had to soak again this morning, my back was so beat.  That was a lot of wet, heavy snow...

Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 01:53:17 pm »
Brrrrr.

Thanks - as if it's not chilly enough here - low 70's to upper 80's inland - I have to come here and look at that!

8-)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:53:30 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 02:04:13 pm »
Brrrrr.

Thanks - as if it's not chilly enough here - low 70's to upper 80's inland - I have to come here and look at that!

8-)
Hey, I *chose* to move here from Los Angeles a year ago and haven't looked back!  I'll trade some cold temps for the affordable living, cool people, and no traffic any day of the week! :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 06:43:41 pm »
wet heavy snow is the good stuff!!

;D

96SC

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 10:22:24 pm »
what did you say that white stuff is???
we do not get that in south carolina ;D ;D ;D

from drewster
Are the folks in colorado anything like the people in New England? In New England, at the first sighting of a snowflake, you must instantly run to the store, and buy all the milk, bread and eggs availabe.  I don't know why, but that's what happens. I Guess snow makes people crave French Toast?  

from pg_rider
they just shut everything down and say "f*ck it".  

I'm with Frank, very little 'stuff' in my part of SC, but when it does happen the quotes by drewster and pg_rider ring true.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 10:22:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42