What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Chemical Information  (Read 2126 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
Great Chemical Information
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:43:16 pm »
 :D
OK I am new at this....I am trying to get all the balances right.....I hope I am not giving information that everyone already has...

With the tub came a boat load of chemicals from Leisure time.  I am guessing that these are good chemicals on account they were in every spa place I visited.

Anyway, In the container was a DVD that went over all you needed to know about chemicals.  It was very good.  It also listed their website.  The site has a water tester analysis program.  Pop in all your stats and it tells you what to add.

here is a link

http://www.poolspatest.com/scripts/runisa.dll?ADV2:ADVWaterTest::leisure_spa_test.html

I would apprceiate experienced Hot Tubber's comments.
 :)

Hot Tub Forum

Great Chemical Information
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:43:16 pm »

George

Re: Great Chemical Information
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:14:01 pm »
:D
OK I am new at this....I am trying to get all the balances right.....I hope I am not giving information that everyone already has...

With the tub came a boat load of chemicals from Leisure time.  I am guessing that these are good chemicals on account they were in every spa place I visited.

Anyway, In the container was a DVD that went over all you needed to know about chemicals.  It was very good.  It also listed their website.  The site has a water tester analysis program.  Pop in all your stats and it tells you what to add.

here is a link

http://www.poolspatest.com/scripts/runisa.dll?ADV2:ADVWaterTest::leisure_spa_test.html

I would apprceiate experienced Hot Tubber's comments.
 :)
I'm not impressed, I put in some figures with ph low and alakaline high and it said to add Spa Up for ph and for Alkaline it said to see ph.  The Spa Up will rais Alkaline even more.  Leasure Time treats ph and Alkaline out of the same bottle and assumes they always move together.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:28:35 pm »
That happened to me also.....what I found however, was once I got the PH low enough mine was off the charts...the aklinity got a little better....but then I put the info in again anf it said to use akalinity increase.  I stopped by at home this afternoon and did just that.  I will follow up and let you know. ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:28:41 pm »
Screw computerized testing - if the program is wrong or the machine isn't calibrated - you'll get the wrong information.

See my post on "PH Keeps dropping", it is info out of the Taylor book.

You need to know the starting water to be able to adjust anything ... if you even need to anjust anything.

People use test strips, I prefer the Taylor kit and  either way do your own testing and adjusting - it's easy, can be way more accurate and it's FUN (OK not actually fun)

Post some numbers and we'll help you out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:29:47 pm by Vinny »

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 10:15:13 am »
Vinny-Thanks, I will post so ;)me results later this weekend.  I appreciate your input.
At the rate I am going through these test strips.....I should own the company.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:58:38 pm »
Vinny-
I went out on the web and looked up the Taylor information.  I found this kit called :Taylor kit K-2005
If this is what you are speaking of.....wow, seems very complicated. It also brings to mind, is the lesuire spa system of test strips and chemicals oversimplfied.

Any comments? :-/

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:00:15 pm »
The Taylor K-2005 kit is what I use. Doc sells them as well.

Compared to dip and read, yes it's a little complicated but it is REALLY accurate.

Basically all you need to do is count drops - usually 5 each, one to 10 and one to 20. Then compare the colors.

Once you know how to do it - it's not complicated at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:00:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42