What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Overlooked and Underappreciated  (Read 6662 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Overlooked and Underappreciated
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:56:17 pm »
I've been touting Jacuzzi on here for over 4 years.  I have a J-370, the second largest and a few years old.  What I find humorious is the pricing?  Seems like Jacuzzi is usually the "most sap you can get for the least amount of money" if you look at other threads.  I also think that whoever said they have too much bling is DEFINITELY got Jacuzzi mixed up with one of the other tubs.  A large number of jets on my 4-year old model are adjustable (not all, but most).  Dealer's being A$$'s can ruin even a good tub so I can see that point.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:56:17 pm »

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 09:17:24 pm »
The Jacuzzi pictured did look real purty though!!! ;)

I know the 400 series is their top of the line models.  If you don't mind me asking how much are we talking here for the tub first mentioned...10K, 11K, 12K?

I bought my Caldera Geneva (one of the highest end Caldera model...89" x 89") for $7500 including cover lifter.  When I priced Jacuzzi, Sundance (Optima) and Marquis they could not come close for the money.  All were much more expensive.

To each their own of course!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 10:23:42 pm »
The J-480 is a very nice looking tub. No problems here. How much do they go for--ball park?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:43 pm »
Just wanted to confirm again from a jacuzzi owner (j-345), you can adjust each jet from off to full throttle.

You can turn the air injection on or off, off gives you a softer massage.

And of course turn the diverter to put all of the pressure to one seat.

Personally it has plenty of power, I may occasionally slightly adjust the diverter valve to increase the pressure on a particular seat but not always necessary.

Steve

SpaMorph

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 11:20:05 pm »
The J-480 is a very nice looking tub. No problems here. How much do they go for--ball park?
Local dealer quoted me $13,900.  

Definitely too much "bling" on the 400 series tubs.  Big, obnoxious "Jacuzzi" lighted logo.  Two waterfalls that are both lighted with colors.  Too many colored lights and "Jacuzzi" emblems for my taste.

tileman

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 01:09:12 am »
My dealer in St. Louis sells them for $11,500.

tileman

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 01:12:44 am »
The Jacuzzi pictured did look real purty though!!! ;)

I know the 400 series is their top of the line models.  If you don't mind me asking how much are we talking here for the tub first mentioned...10K, 11K, 12K?

I bought my Caldera Geneva (one of the highest end Caldera model...89" x 89") for $7500 including cover lifter.  When I priced Jacuzzi, Sundance (Optima) and Marquis they could not come close for the money.  All were much more expensive.

To each their own of course!
$8000 at my dealer in St. Louis will get you a fully loaded J-385. No offense, Genevas are great spas but IMO they were not comparable to the J-385. I have wet tested them both but like you said 2eachthereown. 94x94x38 in. This was the strongest spa I tested especially from the footwell. 4 pumps standard. 1 of couse being the circ. This is not close as you can see with more power, pumps, and greater size. Sorry your dealer was pricing them so high. :( Who knows though you may have wet tested it and absolutely hated it and all this for nothing. Just wanted to clear that up. Funny thing is, is that my Caldera dealer had Genevas at $8200. Here are some J-385 pics.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 02:22:09 am by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 01:20:47 am »
I work on them and Jacuzzi can go bankrupt for all I care. The products are so so but the company is the worse part. Just my experience.
Sorry for your troubles w/ them in your area. My local spa repair shops and other dealers besides Jacuzzi  couldn't say enough good things about them. There's probably a better chance of Microsoft tanking than Jacuzzi. Nothing wrong with making a wish though.

tileman

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:57 am »
I didn't know that this site also goes by the name hateonjacuzzi.com. ;D
I don't know what Jacuzzi spas you guys were in but they must have been the Home Depot ones from way back, that only had the Jacuzzi name and nothing else. YOU CAN ADJUST ALL THE JETS IN EVERY MODEL. I will put my 350Z'S TITLE on Jacuzzis Powerpro MX series jets against any other in the industry. As far as calling Jacuzzi a ''bling'' tub, I think your confusing them with Cal-Spas. 3 LED lights and 2 waterfalls equals bling. I think not.

When I tried the Jacuzzi the jets didn't feel very strong to me, they felt soft and smooth.  The Jacuzzi dealer sold other brands in his store and steered me to his other brand when I mentioned the jets didn't seem very strong, he said he sells Jacuzzi to people who want the name brand and soft bubbly jets.  He claims the softer touch comes with the way they mix the air and that some people like that soft touch better.  I didn't, but some folks like a bubble bath with little soft bubbles.  That is why there are so many brands out there, different people like different things.  I will admit that this tub is great looking and has the prestige of the name Jacuzzi.  I wanted a deep messaging tub so I skipped the soft bubble bath types.
I wet tested alot of tubs and not one was STONGER than Jacuzzi, as strong probably, but to say their soft and bubble you and the dealer must have lost your mind. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but some salesman get bonuses for selling certain tubs. Whether it be a manufacturers whole line or just a specific model. I know this is true for a FACT. I personally know two different salesmen here and they both told me the same thing. They'll push a brand one year to get enough points, to get a free spa from that company. Then poof, next year after they get their new tub they start pushing the spas with the most profitability. This has to be the case in your situation or they have the names swapped on the tubs.

tileman

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 04:06:34 am »
I've been touting Jacuzzi on here for over 4 years.  I have a J-370, the second largest and a few years old.  What I find humorious is the pricing?  Seems like Jacuzzi is usually the "most sap you can get for the least amount of money" if you look at other threads.  I also think that whoever said they have too much bling is DEFINITELY got Jacuzzi mixed up with one of the other tubs.  A large number of jets on my 4-year old model are adjustable (not all, but most).  Dealer's being A$$'s can ruin even a good tub so I can see that point.

It's nice to hear fom somebody with some knowledge about Jacuzzi. :) If they don't see the quality well that's their loss. I shopped for 7 weeks and like you said I couldn't find a spa comparable to my J-345 at $6000.
 Proud Jacuzzi Owner, Tileman

tileman

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:23 am »
When I tested the Jacuzzi I wasn't impressed with their jet system, the dealer tried to tell me it was better but it just seemed soft to me and they were preset so you couldn't change the intensity.  I like hard jets with a lot of pressure, maybe I am the only one that likes them that way.  I also didn't like that Bullfrog wouldn't let you control the air.  I want more control instead of some engineer deciding how I should like it.  I also don't like to be told by the dealer that the way they do it is the right way because the experts say so.  I didn't buy my tub to please the experts.

That's interesting...  I wet tested several tubs and found the jacuzzi's jets very therapeutic and to be just as strong as the others.  In fact I was soo impressed I bought the company! ::)  Just kidin' but I did by the tub! ;D
;D ;D ;D. It makes you wonder why they think the originator of Hydrotherepy is doing something wrong. :-? Oh well, atleast WE can enjoy REAL hydrotherepy.
 Talk to soon, Tileman

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 10:46:36 am »
I think the thing we must remember that there are a lot of different people out there. What suits one won't suit another. I am glad that you are proud of the maker of your tub. So are all the other others. My personal opinion on the Jacuzzi J-480 at $14,000 for the tub it is way overpriced for the massage i recieved. Value is in each consumer's opinion.
Now for my opinion on Jacuzzi as a maker of hot tubs. They may have orginated the whirpool motor but they did refine it to be the end all beat all hot tub. The rest on there name alot and there are many more companies doing it alot better than they are. The Jacuzzi has gone from the joke of the industry to trying to become a leader again by bastardizing the Sundance brand they bought. Thats is my opinion after being in this industry for 20 years.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 10:47:15 am »
The deal breaker for me with Jacuzzi was the lack of flat surface for drinks.  Not having flat surfaces is beneficial for keeping any water from possibly puddling but, to me, this didn't trump the lack of drink cup area.
So buy crooked glasses.

I like'em!.....I like'em!
That's how they look after a couple of really good scotches anyway!   :o
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

autoplay

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 01:51:49 pm »
Tileman,what kinda saw/s you use? ;)  What's your fav cuttin board?

BTW,I told Mr. Bridge that I wouldn't visit his site anymore,as,too many of the mods are stroakers of each other,if you catch my drift.

tileman

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »
I think the thing we must remember that there are a lot of different people out there. What suits one won't suit another. I am glad that you are proud of the maker of your tub. So are all the other others. My personal opinion on the Jacuzzi J-480 at $14,000 for the tub it is way overpriced for the massage i recieved. Value is in each consumer's opinion.
Now for my opinion on Jacuzzi as a maker of hot tubs. They may have orginated the whirpool motor but they did refine it to be the end all beat all hot tub. The rest on there name alot and there are many more companies doing it alot better than they are. The Jacuzzi has gone from the joke of the industry to trying to become a leader again by bastardizing the Sundance brand they bought. Thats is my opinion after being in this industry for 20 years.

I can't understand the grammer in paragraph 2. I'm not being a smart a$$, just really can't comprehend the sentences.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42