What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima circ pump not running 24/7...  (Read 1520 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Optima circ pump not running 24/7...
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:44:49 am »
The circ pump and ozonator in my new Optima are set to run 24/7 (i.e. it's programmed cycle starts at 12 midnight with a 24 hr duration).  I see it come on from time to time, but it's definitely NOT on all the time like it should be.  Why could this be?  I know there's an automatic "summer logic" mode that shuts it off if the actual temp rises two degrees above the set temp, but that's definitely not the case here.

Is there something I'm missing in the programming?  Is the circ pump completely silent and therefore it's actually on, and maybe just my ozonator is bad (no ozonator indicator light on the display)?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Optima circ pump not running 24/7...
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:44:49 am »

tileman

Re: Optima circ pump not running 24/7...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 02:26:26 am »
 I think your circ. pump is fine because if it wasn't I don't think your water would be heating properly. Can you feel any water coming out of the ozone port? If you can and your water is heating appropriately, then I would have to say that your ozone is the only thing that might have a problem.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:54:24 am »
Check to see which "mode" your spa is set to.  There is a standard and an economy mode.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 11:31:13 am »
Funny, after posting this I've noticed SOMETHING running non-stop since last night and this morning, and my ozonator indicator is on (I can also hear a humming in the cabinet and see bubbles coming out of a port on the bottom of the tub).  Heater icon was not on when I observed this.  This is how I believe the tub should be operating ALL the time (except for when I'm running the jet pumps of course), but over the last couple days there have been several times when I've walked out and the tub is dead silent with no bubbles coming out, no ozonator icon, and no humming from the cabinet.  It's always at the right temp so I know thing's are working, but with a 24/7 circ pump why would the tub go dead from time to time?  Oh, the tub is definitely in "Standard" mode.

Next time I notice it dead I'm going to try turning on the waterfall, which runs off the circ pump.  I guess that will tell me if the pump is working even when the tub goes "dead".

Where are the Sundance experts??? :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:33:17 am by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 11:31:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42