What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima delivered today!!!  (Read 3032 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Sundance Optima delivered today!!!
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:30 pm »
 After a LOOOOOOOONG six weeks the tub finally came today.  Three guys who were, uh, not the most professional in the world unloaded the tub and got it into place without issue.  Luckily one of them thought to ask "how many amps are you running?", as the tub had come configured for 50amp even though I told the dealer several times to have it set up for 60amp. >:(

Only other issue was the flatness of my pad.  They put the tub into place and it was rocking as two opposing corners were higher than the other two.  We moved it around 4 or 5 times and finally found a spot where it was barely rocking (maybe 1/8" inch), although the front edge by the control panel has a good 1/4" gap along it's middle.  I'm HOPING this doesn't prove to be an issue.  Any thoughts?

Here are the pics.  Electrician is coming tomorrow morning to finish the wiring and with any luck we'll be soaking by night time!

Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima delivered today!!!
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:30 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Optima delivered today!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:02:45 pm »
Good Luck with the new tub ... and I like the color, sterling marble is a great color!

As far as rocking and gaps, I would talk to the dealer. The seal on the control panel might be off and let water in and the rocking may cause the tub to settle wrongly.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you can fill that up and enjoy!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:29:24 pm »
I'm surprised the dealer left it like that.  It sounds as if there is a problem with the concrete pad that may be causing it to rock. If the weight is not distributed evenly, you could stress the tub.  I would not fill it until the dealer or the contractor checked the flatness of the pad.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:49:06 pm »
Very nice pg_rider. I know it's been a long wait for you. The Optima is a great spa. I wonder why there was no factory wrapping on spa?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 12:47:41 am »
Great pics and CONGRATULATIONS on your delivery, PG!
I see that you sorted out your electrical line-of-sight disconnect issue too.

Happy soaking!  Please keep us posted about the pad wobble.
...because integrity's the key

tileman

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:55:43 am »
Congrats, as I know you've been waiting a while. Looks great, I too went with Platinum. I'd take the advice previously given about the pad as it might cause to much stress.

Tileman

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 11:02:41 am »
That looks great!  Uh oh....mine came with no wrapping on it....if you remember what I went through!!!  But yours looks nice and clean, mine was dirty!

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:06:51 am »
I know they installed the ozonator at the shop so I'm guessing that's why it wasn't wrapped at delivery.  It DID have all the warning stickers still in place so that put me at ease.  When they tipped it off the truck though some water spilled out (he said it was from testing at the factory), and there was some dirt in the tub that I had to clean out.  I'm assuming that's from sitting open on the truck while they drove it over.

After looking more at the way it was sitting and putting a couple small shims under the low spots (visible in the 2nd pic) I went ahead and filled it this morning.  Electrician is here right now finishing the wiring so I'm hoping to turn it on shortly.  I'm DYING to get in it tonight!

Here's a pic of it filling (my wife insisted on adding the duckies as soon as possible :)), and one of the equipment area since I know people like to see that.  Oh, and proof that it must be fairly new based on the sticker!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:09:31 am by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:06:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42