What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs. Others  (Read 8673 times)

Mr. Dutch

Jacuzzi vs. Others
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:28:08 pm »
I am getting close to purchasing my first hot tub.  I want a small tub (2-3 person) and am primarily interested in therapy.  I have narrowed it down to the Hot Spring Jetsetter, Caldera Kauai, Bullfrog 331, Dimension One Traid II, or Jacuzzi J-315.  I understand that I need to wet-test them and buy what I think feels best, but I am curious about the Jacuzzi brand quality vs. the others.  I have read mixed reviews, but it seems to come with more standard features and I like our local dealer a lot.  Any thoughts to help clear my head would be appreciated.   :P Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi vs. Others
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:28:08 pm »

tileman

Re: Jacuzzi vs. Others
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:42:57 pm »
 Jacuzzi is one of the leaders in quality spa manufacturing. You will always be able to find good and bad reiews for all spas. As long as you buy a top quality brand from a great dealer you should be fine. There is quality in all the tubs you mentioned, just start wet testing and find a dealer you're comfortable with and go from there. AS far as hydrotherepy goes Jacuzzi is the originator and is still amongst the leaders. I too was drawn towards Jacuzzi for the same reason.  Tileman.  BTW, where are you located and how tall are you? I ask this because most of those 2-3 person spas are only 29''-30'' tall. If this is a problem, I found that the J-315 sits a little deeper because it is 32''.    Here is the J-345 that will be delivered to my house next week :)                                                                                                                 
This is the color combo that I went with.  

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:16:08 am by tileman »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 12:45:44 pm »
What "standard features" does it have that the other ones don't?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mr. Dutch

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:28:48 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  The standard features I am referring to on the jacuzzi J-315 are standard ozone system, LED light system with multi-colors (not important to me), a cover lift, and stairs.  My local dealer is offering all of these items with the tub for $4995.  I am not so concerned about price, but it is appealing since the Jetsetter is at least $1500 more.  The Caldera dealer is 70 miles away, and I was not impressed with our Dimension one dealer at all.  The two dealers in town (Bellingham, WA by the way) are for Jacuzzi and Hot Spring.   We also have a Sundance dealer, but I don't like their small tub.  I am 6' tall, so the depth of the jacuzzi seems like a good fit also.  I really do appreciate your input!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:54:03 pm »
The only "standard" fretures that Jacuzzi factory installs are jets pumps water fall w/ led lighting and they include a cover. It is up to the individual dealer as to weather or not they want to market the spas as including/options are ozone, steps, cover lifter etc... If you were my customer, I would gently explain to you that a set of steps next to a 315 is going to put you higher than the step in and cause you to be perilously (sic) off balance. Additionaly as small as the 315 is, a cover lifter is not a practical item. The cover is small and easy to manuver as opposed to say a 7x7, therefore not a real necessity. Eliminating these little items can save you a couple hundred bucks maybe. These reccomendations are obviously subjected to the the customers age and ability to manuver, but they are where I go with that particular model. As to quality, Jacuzzi is a great company that produces a great product. You will be very happy with the product.  

Thanks for your reply.  The standard features I am referring to on the jacuzzi J-315 are standard ozone system, LED light system with multi-colors (not important to me), a cover lift, and stairs.  My local dealer is offering all of these items with the tub for $4995.  I am not so concerned about price, but it is appealing since the Jetsetter is at least $1500 more.  The Caldera dealer is 70 miles away, and I was not impressed with our Dimension one dealer at all.  The two dealers in town (Bellingham, WA by the way) are for Jacuzzi and Hot Spring.   We also have a Sundance dealer, but I don't like their small tub.  I am 6' tall, so the depth of the jacuzzi seems like a good fit also.  I really do appreciate your input!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 02:20:53 pm »
$6500 for a Jetsetter??  That's seem a tad high, even if they are including the lifter, steps and started chems.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tileman

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 02:55:17 pm »
You're welcome. Your price quote of $4995 seems fair for the J-315. Here in St. Louis my dealer was quoting $4800 w/ same options. Eventhough your cover will be easy to handle I would highly reccommend getting a lifter anyways, you do don't want your cover touching the ground at anytime IMO. It will last longer and will be alot faster getting your spa closed after a soak at freezing temps. :o  I would also not suggest going w/ the dealer who is 70 miles away. That's just to far. Stick with Jacuzzi or Hot springs, as it seems you really like their local dealers. Both are very high quality manufacturers and you will be happy with either one. I'm not sure how close they are located to eachother but if they are the only 2 in town I'm sure they'll do some negotiating with you if you let them know you're interested in both of them. :)  Tileman
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 02:58:21 pm by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 03:22:55 pm »
Does anybody know where the control panel is on the jetsetter?

J-315  

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:59:30 pm by tileman »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 03:40:02 pm »
It is located on the out side of the spa, mounted on the cabinet.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 05:30:30 pm »
 I have narrowed it down to the Hot Spring Jetsetter, Caldera Kauai, Bullfrog 331, Dimension One Traid II, or Jacuzzi J-315.

Mr Dutch,

Just thought I should add my 2 cents,  we have a Bullfrog 451 and are very happy.   Bullfrog uses the same quality components as the "big guns" in the business do and thier price is a little lower.   If you wanted to save a few dollars the 331 is a great little tub.
Bullfrog 451

gturn

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 10:44:49 pm »
I am getting close to purchasing my first hot tub.  I want a small tub (2-3 person) and am primarily interested in therapy.  I have narrowed it down to the Hot Spring Jetsetter, Caldera Kauai, Bullfrog 331, Dimension One Traid II, or Jacuzzi J-315.  I understand that I need to wet-test them and buy what I think feels best, but I am curious about the Jacuzzi brand quality vs. the others.  I have read mixed reviews, but it seems to come with more standard features and I like our local dealer a lot.  Any thoughts to help clear my head would be appreciated.   :P Thanks!
If your primary interest is in the Therapy, I would recommend a larger tub with more seats.  You can move from seat to seat to get a better range of Therapy.  Even if only 1-2 people use the tub, the larger tub offers a lot better variety of Therapy.  If you don't have the space I can understand that but if you have the space, you will be much happer with a full sized tub. Many of the posters here soak alone or with a spouse most of the time and have full sized tubs.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:46:22 pm by gturn »

tileman

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 11:34:06 pm »
Mr. Dutch I stumbled across this website. They are in Calgary and have a nice selection of 2005 Jacuzzis on clearance. Might be worth the drive if you can get a good deal. Maybe your dealer can work something out too.                                        http://www.jacuzzicalgary.com/testimonials.html   Tileman
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:42:48 pm by tileman »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »

On the outside on the same side as thge light.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42