What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Piper Glen vs Sundance Optima  (Read 16751 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Artesian Piper Glen vs Sundance Optima
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 07:08:16 pm »

Wow! :o
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 07:08:16 pm »

tileman

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 07:10:53 pm »
You are definely correct there Vinny. The Optima has a total of 25 pee shooters.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 08:12:21 pm »

Wow! :o

Hey Term,

Those are intakes not jets and in my tub the cover is about 4" round and the thing underneath #3 is a bottom drain. All the rest of those round silver things are the jets!  ;)

tileman,

Based on the warnings, we really shouldn't be looking for tubs with all those small jets - should we? ::) ;) ;D

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 08:21:36 pm by Vinny »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 08:44:40 pm »
I also don't like the little pee jets or whatever you call them. That was one of the first things I learned during wet testing...

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 10:30:41 pm »
One thing I've found on these sites is quite a bit of ignorance when comparing models of spas. For everyone's information, the Optima has a blower and the small "pee jets" that some of your are referring to are the air jets. There are 14 of them; 2 in each of the active seats and 4 (out of 8) in the calf level. The Piper Glen doesn't have a blower; thus no "small jets".

I've wet tested both and found them both to be very comfortable and soothing. I believe the PG gives you more bang for the buck with more water jets, but the Optima has air therapy as well as stronger foot jets. The PG in our opinion lacked aggressive pressure to adequately work the feet. One final negative on the PG is that the jets are NOT interchangeable (at least that is what our dealer told us); therefore, an owner does not have the ability to exchange any new jets Artesian may come out with in the future. Regardless, the PG would still be our choice because of the independent pump system. The individual controls is a very nice feature!

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 10:43:49 pm »
... what are those little round things on the base of the seats or in the foot well? ::)

The small jets in at the base of the seats in the Optima are air injector jets for the blower.  There are 14 total; they are not included in the jet count.  

As for the smaller jets there are 4 "euro" jets on the Optima.. Two are at neck level on the 2 corner seats next to the waterfall.  And 12 "accupressure" jets ... 8 are on the foot well, and 2 sets for the calves.

Our Optima was just delievered week before last.  I thought the Emerald appeared to be VERY similar in layout to the Optima and it was on my list to look at before making a final decision.  Unfortunately the nearest Artesian was an hour away.  We did actually make the road trip one night after work - only to find out they carried only the Island line.  (I had even called ahead to inquire about the Emerald and Opal - they gave me pricing...go figure. )  I would have loved to test Emerald and even Piper Glen (depending on price).  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 06:59:53 am »
For me, I'm only messing around. I never looked at the Optima and the Piper was sitting next to my tub, I wasn't going to pay $10K for any tub.

I really think these threads get WAY too serious for what we're talking about. They all "copy" each other and the idea is to find the "best" tub for ourselves reguardless what anyone else thinks.

If someone is happy with a Walmart tub, then who am I or anyone else to say it's crap! Did I buy such a tub - no but I didn't buy a "top of the line", "super deluxe", bestest spa either - to me there ain't no such bird - Remember if you paid $3000 or $13,000 - they make hot water and have jets.

Now if someone complains about breaking down a lot or power consumption, then it could be suspect to the type of spa they bought but as we see here - ALL spas might have problems!

Think about it!

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 09:14:49 am »

Remember if you paid $3000 or $13,000 - they make hot water and have jets.

Exactly the reason I will be looking at the Bahia and comparable models in a few weeks when my tub hunting season opens.
Although I have not yet ruled out the Optima, Envoy etc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 09:14:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42