What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Piper Glen vs Sundance Optima  (Read 16752 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Re: Artesian Piper Glen vs Sundance Optima
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 09:00:05 pm »
Vinny - do you mean Sterling Marble and not Silver Marble?  Is that what your tub is b/c we think we like the Sterling Marble the best but the dealer didn't have a tub with that shell.  I like your shell so I just want to make sure it is the Sterling Marble.  We were told that there is now a gray cabinet so we would get the Sterling Marble with the gray cabinet if we decide to buy it.
Sled Junkie - I assume that's your daughter - she's adorable.  I love the color of your shell too - our dealer said that Desert Horizon is the most popular color but it just wouldn't match our patio too well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 09:00:05 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 09:18:17 pm »
Yes, it's sterling marble! :-[ I goofed - sterling ... silver ... SORRY!!!

Here's a closeup:

I don't have any pictures with it empty, maybe I need to do that next water change!

It really is sharp looking and if you get the LED lights (I have the single LED) it really shows nicely at night as I'm sure all light colored tubs do. I believe the Piper comes standard with SS rings and when I saw the combo, I loved it. My original color was going to be the black granite but once I decided on the LED, the light color was the only way to go IMO.

bohms

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 10:50:51 pm »
Vinny - thanks for the close up - that helps out a lot.  I think that's what we would go with if we decide on Artesian.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:34 am »
....Next year I'm doing landscaping, deck, new patio, etc..

and Water.

;D
07 Caldera Geneva

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 12:17:51 pm »
IMO bohms, I would go with the Piper Glen if it was down to those 2. You get more jets for your $$ and just as quality of unit I think. The PG was our second choice and we loved the individual controls. The only downsides in our opinion was the force of the footjets (a little weak) and the 4 jet seat we called the "butt seat". A little unusual in it's layout; I suppose they were thinking it could be used in conjunction with the corner seats as thigh, calf, or foot jets (if you curled up your legs). Other than that, we loved it. Our quoted price was $10500 but that included the waterfall, ozone,, led light package, 24 hr circ pump, and the stainless steel escutcheons (all options). We also looked at the Optima (our third choice) but it had less jets (but stronger foot) at $9700.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:47:20 pm »
bohms, I think you've proven yourself smart enough not to listen to hymbaw's comment, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

LOL, Sledjunkie is always chiming in telling epople they paid too much or the product was overrated but when someone else makes a comment that maybe the spa Bohms is looking at could/should be gotten for less Sledjunkie has to let them know that Hymbaw comment's are out of line (because of course, it's the brand Sledjunkie owns).

Good luck Bohms. Both brands have a good reputation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bohms

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 01:02:28 pm »
Thanks to everyone for your input.  I appreciate the help.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 03:12:29 pm »
I didn't chime in because he didn't ask whether or not it was priced right, or was a good deal?

For what's it worth I could have got the piper glen in the low 8's.

I think it's crazy to spend that kind of money on a hot tub. Heck I think it's crazy to spend around $6000 for a hot tub (which is what I paid).

Regardless of the price, I think if you're going to compare apples to apples, Artesian to Sundance Optima, a better comparison to the Optima is the Emerald.

Hymbaw's comments were not at all helpful, in fact they were a bit persuasive, with no facts behind them.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 03:14:20 pm »
 ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 04:26:12 pm »
In reading your posts the last couple of months, sled, I really think you need a shrink! Besides your almost constant negativism, you are also delusional if you thought you could buy a Piper Glen for the low 8's. Maybe a used one; maybe an old model scratched and damaged, but no way for one brand spanking new. Maybe it didn't have a heater or any pumps?  Hey, maybe the one you were quoted was hot!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:28:11 pm by wesj53 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 05:01:55 pm »
I didn't chime in because he didn't ask whether or not it was priced right, or was a good deal?

Sure, you would never chime in with a sniper shot about someone else's spa choice or what they paid LOL.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:18:11 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SpaMorph

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 05:13:55 pm »
you are also delusional if you thought you could buy a Piper Glen for the low 8's.
Maybe not.  I was quoted $8995 for the Piper Glen without lighting and stereo.  And I'm in a market where spa prices seem to be higher than most other parts of the country.

hymbaw

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 05:32:16 pm »
bohms, I think you've proven yourself smart enough not to listen to hymbaw's comment, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

I wondered how an unwarranted dig on his brand would go over. Now I know!

. You say that it's a copycat going after Sundance ...

Yep that's what I'm saying. Pretty obvious.

Piper Glen

The Real Deal
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 06:53:45 pm »
Actually they look quite different to me

Now here is the Emerald...

;D

This is fun!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 06:58:18 pm »
wes -
The piper was not hot. It was for a brand spanking new model.
Why is this so hard to believe?

You guys are paying top dollar.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 06:58:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42