What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Glad I wasn't in the tub  (Read 4943 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Glad I wasn't in the tub
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:28:50 pm »
We usually hit the tub about 10pm.  Was watching good shows on Tv last night at about 10:15. Heard 6 quick shots.  This morning found 6 9mm Luger rounds on the street in front of the house.  I'm glad we weren't in the tub, or we would be doing a water change tonight.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Glad I wasn't in the tub
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:28:50 pm »

dkersten

Re: Glad I wasn't in the tub
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:41:12 pm »
wow.. did anyone figure out what was goin on?

About 10 years ago I lived in a second floor apartment on the border of the "bad" side of town.. One night, I hear a BOOM, bang bang bang bang, BOOM, bang bang bang, BOOM, bang bang bang bang bang..

A gun fight had broken out right in front of my window.  The walls on that side of the building were brick, so I wasnt that concerned about a bullet come whippin in, but I did stay sitting on the couch with my wife instead of standing up and looking out the window..

Turned out right next door was a little meth lab and some customer didnt like the prices, so he tried to walk away with his goods.. the proprietor of the "shop" didnt like this and started chasing him with his shotgun.. the customer promptly returned fire with his 9mm, and this went on for the next minute or so.  The cops came but never arrested anyone..

We moved 3 weeks later.

Definately a wake up call when people start shooting right in front of where you live.. You realize just how mortal you are, and its not a comfortable feeling.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 08:49:26 pm »
Time to move out here in the country WmMcall! Fresh air and the only ones worried about getting shot are animals and the occassional trepasser. Living the high life on 10+ acres in upstate NY. Makes me happy to be a country boy!

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:00:41 pm »
We usually hit the tub about 10pm.  Was watching good shows on Tv last night at about 10:15. Heard 6 quick shots.  This morning found 6 9mm Luger rounds on the street in front of the house.  I'm glad we weren't in the tub, or we would be doing a water change tonight.

Bill,you know,if you owned a CaVeN,it would withstand bullets up to 50 cal,at point blank range/grin.  Just something to think about,when you look for your next spa in 5-10 years ;)

On a different note,when I get the cruise pics organized,I'll post em on that thread,along with the pros and cons on our vacation. BTW,the wife has us booked on 2 more cruises next year with RCI. 1 in may and sept. Her way of selling me is,she's trying to get us to diamond/platinum status so we can save money and get the perks etc LOL. It keeps her happy,so,who am I to argue with her ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:01:03 pm »
Time to move out here in the country WmMcall! Fresh air and the only ones worried about getting shot are animals and the occassional trepasser. Living the high life on 10+ acres in upstate NY. Makes me happy to be a country boy!

... I guess you forgot about Deliverence I hear banjos playing!! ;) ;D

Unfortunately someone who owns a gun can shoot it off anywhere illeagally and it has nothing to do with guns but some of the people who own them. I have heard stories of hunters and their "kill" fighting over it and I knew a person whose father got his head blown off due to someone cleaning a shotgun with a shell in it and that was in the country.

It may be a person's right to have a gun but there are some real idiots out there!

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 09:03:20 pm »
Glad you guys are safe.  I've never had shots fired in my neighborhood, but a year or so ago, I was relaxing on the deck out back and heard someone yelling "STOP!", so I got up just in time to see a mangy looking character running up between mine and my neighbors house.  It didn't even dawn on me that the guy might have been armed and since I was off duty, I wasn't.  But of course, training kicked in automatic and I fell in behind him, jumped the fence and helped apprehend him on the next street behind me.  Turns out he robbed the 7-11 store two blocks from me with a knife.  He had ditched the knife several doors up and my neighbor found it the next day.  Just goes to show you, you never know what you're going to wind up in the middle of.  Stay safe!!

-Law Dawg
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 09:06:16 pm »
Now that I think about it.....isn't Term selling a Grandee with the option of a 50 cal mach. gun mounted on the rim??????? Soakin' and shootin bad guys....now THAT'S Spatopia!!!   8-)

-Law Dawg
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:29:31 pm »
Vinny,
Deliverance, what a great movie. This can happen when city folk venture out to the country. Seriously you are correct in its not the guns fault but the owner. I do post my land and have had to throw off some ignorant folk off who couldn't read or chose not to. When doing so its important to have your own weapon to keep them guessing? ;D I have lived in a city before and would much rather live in the country where I have no visible neighbors and enjoy tubbing au natural.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 09:59:06 pm »
wmcall,

Think it may be time to built that 8' brick privacy fence.  :)

Jr

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:27:54 pm »
wmccall.....

do they make a bullet proof spa cover that
you could flip up when you hear gunshots?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 10:34:43 pm »
Well, we have lived in this neighborhood for 25 years, and I hate to see it decine, and I really don't have the money to move. The police aren't interested as far as anyone knows, nobody or any property was damaged.  After having talked to some of my neighbors, its possible they were shooting at the illegals across the street and I haven't seen one of thier cars since last night. We will see.  

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:41:06 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 11:36:07 pm »
Add in tornado warnings Monday, with a funnel cloud spotted 3-4 blocks away, and more tornado warnings tonight, its been a great week.  The National Weather service will be visiting New Albany, which is 5 miles east of me and 5 miles north of Lt. Dan to see if the damage matches that of a tornado.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 06:12:37 am »
Vinny,
Deliverance, what a great movie. This can happen when city folk venture out to the country. Seriously you are correct in its not the guns fault but the owner. I do post my land and have had to throw off some ignorant folk off who couldn't read or chose not to. When doing so its important to have your own weapon to keep them guessing? ;D I have lived in a city before and would much rather live in the country where I have no visible neighbors and enjoy tubbing au natural.

Ya know, I did spell it that way and it just didn't look right! Hey, I'm not an English wizard but give me math and science ...

I grew up in NYC. I used to do nationwide field service and once I was in a home in a small town in Kentuky and as I was going there I was worried about being in the backwoods and the KKK. It turns out the person I visited had a niece in NYC and she was worried that her niece was going to perish ... I chuckled and relized it's a matter of prospective!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:54 am »

Unfortunately someone who owns a gun can shoot it off anywhere illeagally and it has nothing to do with guns but some of the people who own them.

It may be a person's right to have a gun but there are some real idiots out there!

Wasn't it Bill Ingvall who said something like "You can't outlaw stupid".
Or maybe it was one of the other redneck comics.  Anyway, it's true.  
Idiots own guns, cars, cutlery, power tools, lawn mowers, gasoline, and all sorts of other objects, any of which are dangerous when mis used.

It goes beyone idiot, to criminal.  Criminals don't obey the big laws against things like murder, assault, rape, theft, etc..  They sure as heck aren't going to worry about getting popped for carrying a pistol without a permit, or negligently discharging the gun.  They never get charged with those crimes anyway- and that is exactly why gun control laws are ineffective in reducing crime.  

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 09:06:07 am »
I think the phrase is "You can't fix stupid".  ??

Wm, perhaps you were the target of a driveby? You didn't see a camper with Colorado plates speeding away with a trailer full of rebranded spas? Did you hear them yelling "I am the greatest! I am the best! I'll take you and your familly down for disagreeing with me!!!"

It was pouring rain in MA last night. No hot tubbing for me.  :P
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 09:06:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42