What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Bubba Keg Water Care Demo  (Read 20223 times)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: HotSpring Bubba Keg Water Care Demo
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2006, 07:24:43 pm »
Windsurfdog couldn't have said it better.

Brookenstein for the record it doesn't take up much bandwidth to post to a thread here.

Now if you were to say all my posts are a waste of disk space @ rackspace.com's webservers (asuming they are hosting the servers) then that would have made more sense.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2006, 07:24:43 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2006, 07:32:57 pm »
Sled Junkie,

My bad.  I'd be happy to modify my post accordingly.  

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2006, 07:49:48 pm »
Thanks

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:42 pm »
Wow I missed this post! Term, I remember you talking about an awesome new concept that HS was working on...so this was it!
Looking at so many water issue posts on this forum, I think Hot Springs is addressing one of the biggest concerns for new tub owners!
And addressing the constant concern for casual owners who don't have time to learn or do all the water maintenance associated with hot tubs. Face it, virtually every owner on this forum (who didn't already have a chemistry background) probably feels like they have passed chem 101 when they get the water thing down and are able to effectivley trouble shoot when things get out of wack!

I am the first to admit that I HATED my spa Frog...it was the convenience from hell...until I dumped my water , started over and let imy frog do what it was supposed to do. Now, I include it in the many reasons I love my tub!  And I don't care about the cost of the cartridges....it is a convenience that keeps my tub ready when needed!

Doc, I am hanging on to my Masco..the dividends aren't too shabby and it's what I know...what I use, Now I know a little more and I love innovative new ideas! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2006, 09:56:41 pm »
I personally think the AutoFresh system is a great idea. I'm actually surprised that a fully automated water care system hasn't been developed by a major spa manufacturer already.

This system might not be for everyone, but there must be a huge market for a system that will maintain your water automatically. Most of us on this board are the exception to the rule. Not everyone wants to maintain their water care system on a daily basis. I hope this system sparks a new trend in spa water care.

Amen Watkins.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:32:51 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

MarKee

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2006, 11:34:39 pm »
is this feature going to be standard on new HS spas?

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2006, 11:52:30 pm »
Sounds like a win, all the way around.  HS gets a new marketing ploy, and the early adopters get a new convenience widget.  The other manufacturers will need to address this by coming out with their own version of the auto-water maintenance thingy, and eventually a feature price war will ensue.  What's not to like? ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:28 am »
To make a cost comparison, you should be comparing the "Autofresh system(including cartridges) to using the Baqua Spa program. Any other comparison (including dichlor, etc) is not valid IMO.

I think this "Autofresh" system is a waste of money, period.

To be specific (since we're here to help others ;)) I think it should be a comparison of Autofresh vs manaully using Baqua Spa.

I think this "Autofresh" system is what some will want and what others won't but you can't take your opinion of how it fits your life and determine whether a "waste of money" for everyone.

I'll stick with dichlor but what others do is their choice based on their lives and their desires.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2006, 12:24:55 am »
is this feature going to be standard on new HS spas?

Nope.

I really hope they use it as a launching-off point for other feeders, though.  I like the automatic brominator in other spas, certainly beats that BioQuest crap HS tried awhile back.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2006, 08:10:32 am »
Not everyone wants to maintain their water care system on a daily basis.
Gombo, I use the tried and true dichlor routine and I do not have to maintain it on a daily basis.  I may skip a day or two if I don't soak.  And if my schedule/desire causes me to go several days without soaking, it takes me all of about 2 minutes to scoop a couple of tsp of dichlor in and about 1 minute 15 minutes later to close the cover.  This is nowhere close to daily maintenance.  It's a no-brainer, to me.  Certainly I have no problem with HS providing this system for those that choose to buy it but I would hope that people would look at it for what it really is.  The time for maintenance that this system requires is not much different  than manual systems.  Once again, this is not a panacea for hot tub chemisty...it is not hands off automatic the way the marketers would want you to believe.  And the programming is rather VCR-ish.  Unfortunately, tub owners will still have to think....a horrible thought in itself.... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2006, 09:00:09 am »
Are windsurfdog adn I the only ones with enough guts to post any negative comments on this "Autofresh" system?

I mean I can understand dealers having to support watkins, but ....

Chris_H

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2006, 10:07:22 am »
No one is criticizing Windsurf’s comments as he actually posted some interesting information about his sanitizer.  

We are criticizing your comments because you said and I quote “waste” and “not one good thing” in very blunt and ridiculous terms. These are completely inappropriate comments from someone that has no experience using this product (BaquaSpa or AutoFresh).    

The largest manufacturer of portable spas feels that this is not a waste of money and that BaquaSpa is a good sanitizer.  That is the opinion that matters and quite honestly the only opinion that matters.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2006, 10:46:39 am »
Are windsurfdog adn I the only ones with enough guts to post any negative comments on this "Autofresh" system?

I mean I can understand dealers having to support watkins, but ....

Sure, try to piggyback onto someone else's posts that are clear, concise and have some meaning rather than your Archie Bunker responses.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:56:59 am by Spatech_tuo »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2006, 10:53:57 am »
Sorry if you can't handle my blunt responses. I thought they were pretty clear and concise.

Wake up please!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2006, 10:56:45 am »
Sorry if you can't handle my blunt responses. I thought they were pretty clear and concise.

Wake up please!

Wide awake Archie.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2006, 10:56:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42