What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Think We Got a Floor Model  (Read 36332 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: I Think We Got a Floor Model
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2006, 11:04:53 am »
The Destiny has been made in that style for less than a year...Most of us get between 30 and 90 day flooring on them and need to move the product.

I sell every spa as a floor model if I can and then try to deliver new and wrapped.

The spa was probably on the floor less than 3 months in a protected environment with professional maintenance. If those 3 months would cause the spa to have a shorter life span than a new wrapped spa than we have a bigger problem here.

I bought my BMW motorcycle with 1200 miles on it...for a BMW most of us would consider this new, I look at a Marquis the same way.

At times I encourage customers in remote areas to take the floor model as we know for a fact that everything is in good working order because we've been running it.

None of this changes the fact that bohms should have been informed, should have had the opportunity to ask for a new one and/or at the very lest should have been delivered a spa in new clean condition.

BTW to put some perspective on this, we discount our floor models between $200 and $300 unless there is a blemish of some kind. The problem is that most of the industry uses this as a closing tool, builds a hypothetical “regular” price and then tells the customer that they can save hundreds even thousands if they take the floor model. So the perception of the shopper is that they are getting more discount than what is real.

So for all of you out there, considering that I don’t pay any less cost for a floor model….How much less should it be?

Back to bohms deal here…I'm disappointed that the owner of the dealership hasn’t gotten involved and that this is not being address with more seriousness. The dealership loses credibility every hour that passes without a resolution..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2006, 11:04:53 am »

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 12:10:40 pm »
stuart,

You make good points from the dealer's perspective.

It appears from the information we have that this dealer is not forthcoming with a plausible explanation of what occurred and what they will do to make it right. That can lead us to believe that this was a conscious act to deliver something less than promised in a legally binding contract.

If this dealer is consciously selling new spas and then delivering floor models there needs to be some consequences to his actions. If everyone accepts a couple hundred bucks or some chemicals to make this kind of situation okay then the dealer will continue to defraud consumers.

Just my 2c, it doesn't seem unreasonable to require the dealer to remove the offending spa and replace it with what was promised. If nothing else this could setup the negotiations. When the dealer totals up what it will cost him to remove and deliver the spas maybe he'll be more willing to negotiate a reasonable settlement.

More important maybe he'll think twice before doing this to another consumer.

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »
We had this situation happen at one of our stores recently.

A customer ordered a Sovereign in a particular color.  The only one we had was a dry floor model.  We delivered it to his home.  He asked why the spa was not wrapped, our guys told him because it came from the showroom.  Our guys said it's a new spa and had never been filled except at the factory.  He said he wanted a wrapped one, so we left that one there for him to use, ordered him a brand new one, brought it out two weeks later and swapped with him.

He was very happy, referred 2 of his co-workers to us, and they bought an Envoy and a Prodigy (in the wrapper) and everyone will have a Merry Christmas!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaceguy

• Hey!
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »
 He said he wanted a wrapped one, so we left that one there for him to use, ordered him a brand new one, brought it out two weeks later and swapped with him.

He was very happy, referred 2 of his co-workers to us, and they bought an Envoy and a Prodigy (in the wrapper) and everyone will have a Merry Christmas!

Terminator

Wasn't it hard to use with it all wrapped???   :)   :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2006, 12:43:06 pm »

A customer ordered a Sovereign in a particular color.  The only one we had was a dry floor model.  We delivered it to his home.  He asked why the spa was not wrapped, our guys told him because it came from the showroom.  Our guys said it's a new spa and had never been filled except at the factory.  He said he wanted a wrapped one, so we left that one there for him to use, ordered him a brand new one, brought it out two weeks later and swapped with him.

Terminator

Same thing happened with my first mail order bride.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NWHotTubber

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2006, 01:05:25 pm »
So for all of you out there, considering that I don’t pay any less cost for a floor model….How much less should it be?

Back to bohms deal here…I'm disappointed that the owner of the dealership hasn’t gotten involved and that this is not being address with more seriousness. The dealership loses credibility every hour that passes without a resolution..

IMHO (going on the info given here in this thread)

IF I were 'knowingly' buying a 'dry' floor model, it would be no big deal.  

However, a wet demo floor model that others have 'wet tested', is then a used spa.  I would expect to pay way less for 'taking' the floor model, and to do so knowingly.  Otherwise, order me a new one.  :)

The kink, with this situation, is that they were not KNOWINGLY buying a demo...!

Hypothetically, If you were to buy a spa and then a month later decide you no longer want it and you sell it, you are going to take a 2-3k hit on it.  Just as a car BMW or not... you take a hit!  

IF that dealer (Marquis in this case) is not willing to do things right...  I say go buy a Hot Springs spa from Term...  ;)

Personally it is about integrity of the dealer at this point.  Things aren't done right, I would say come get your spa.  Someone else that is willing to give good service and deserves the 10k purchase!  

That's my nickles worth.  

Yippee, they are pouring our slab today for our new HS Grandee  8-)
(we were going to use the existing patio, but too much of a slope for drainage...)  Grandee to be delivered on the 11th! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2006, 01:25:09 pm »
I being VERY patient.  Salesguy called my house when I wasn't here.  I called him back 20 minutes later and he "stepped out" and will call me right back.  Didn't hear from him for an hour so I called back and he was still gone, he was expected back but they don't know where he is should be back any minute.  Waited another 40 minutes and called again - he went out on a delivery and won't be back for at least an hour so I said that I wanted to speak with the Sales Mgr who came to my house yesterday and he said that he also stepped out and would call me back in 10 minutes.  Now my blood is beginning to boil.  I've been really nice but if I don't get a call back in 10 minutes I'm going to ask to speak to the owner.

bohms

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2006, 02:04:57 pm »
Get this.....they admit that there was a "mix up" BUT they said that it WAS in the showroom but it was never filled with water, just a dry demo.  Then please explain the USED bromine cartridges that were in there and explain why our electrician said that someone else was definitely in the box - he could tell by all of the loose screws and the wires.  We also found out which filters come with the tub from the Marquis factory and we didn't get those, we got the ones that were in the store.  So they came back with an offer of draining our tub and detailing it.  I laughed at him and said that he would have to do much better than that so he said he would throw in a $150 gift certificate.  I laughed again and he said he would talk to the manager and owner.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2006, 03:02:18 pm »
You should be working with owner or manager at this point.  It sounds like sales guy did his job.  Management or delivery delivered the wrong spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

NWHotTubber

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »
IF it were me... at this point, pia delivery or not, I would say "you know, I did not get what I "ordered", dealer 'mix-up' (whatever they want to call it ::) ), you just come get your USED Marquis spa... and I will take my $10K elsewhere for a NEW spa.    No fighting, no arguing... Bottom Line...

Find a dealer with good cust. service.  

Terminator hit it on the head...

Terminator

THAT is what a GOOD dealer/owner/manager would do... No matter what cost it was/is to them!

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2006, 04:02:40 pm »
It sounds like your nightmare is not ending soon. I had hoped from your earlier post things were getting better. I was almost sure when you said you wet tested a tub that was in the color you wanted and the tub you have was made in July they were going to say you wet tested the new tub they ordered for you. At this point it does not seem like the case. I can't believe they are saying it was never wet and it has used filters in it. Best of luck and keep us informed.

MarKee

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2006, 12:53:20 am »
Get the store manager or owner involved.  As a last resort I would contact Jeff Shaw at Marquis and he will contact the dealer and resolve the situation.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 12:54:23 am by Hideaway_King »

bohms

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2006, 10:22:33 am »
Yesterday the Sales Mgr asked me what I thought was fair, so I told him that I wanted a new tub OR I would want a $1,000 credit back to my credit card on the one that's sitting in my yard.  He had to confer with the store mgr and I called this morning.  They think that a fair deal is coming to clean the spa and detail it and give me a $150 gift certificate to the store.  They still won't admit that it was a wet tested model.  So I told them to come and pick up the spa and give me a full refund.  He said that they need to find the "Man power" to carry our spa since we have about 30 stairs.  So....are there any guesses as to how long it will take to come and get it?  Should be interesting.  My husband is about to have a heart attack b/c he can't believe that they just won't fess up.  It's funny b/c I know a bunch of people ready to buy a spa.....guess where they won't be going!!!!  I will be giving Jeff Shaw a call on Monday morning as well.  Any other advice?

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2006, 10:44:40 am »
Hey bohms, i think the quickest way to light a fire under their butts would be to call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Otherwise they could string you along for 60 - 180 days, then you would be past the time window Credit Card companies allow disputes. (Hopefully you paid on an AmEx because with them, the cardholder is always right, no questions asked).

bohms

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2006, 10:48:37 am »
Viper - we did pay with Am Ex and I'm calling them right now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2006, 10:48:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42