What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub coming soon.  Delivery & set-up questions  (Read 2237 times)

ctkathy

Tub coming soon.  Delivery & set-up questions
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:35:43 am »
My tub will be delivered on Wednesday and electrician will come on Thursday morning to hook it up.  

What can I expect from my dealer as far as orientation, set-up, and familiarizing us with the chemicals?  Do dealers come out for on-site training or is this above and beyond the service one can expect?

Hot Tub Forum

Tub coming soon.  Delivery & set-up questions
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:35:43 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Tub coming soon.  Delivery & set-up questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:40:47 am »
It varies greatly.  I couldn't wait, I had visited my tub in the store several times, played with the controls on others, downloaded the manual, and since I hooked up the electric myself, I had it filling while I finished
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:09:40 pm »
Depends on the dealer. Most of the bigger ones will do setup/eductation onsite for you as they're making enough money off of you to cover their time/expenses.

My dealer went over everything in the store when I picked up the tub. It took about 2-3 hours to go over everything.
As far as hooking it up, I did it all myself as he instructed and he was there via phone for the few questions I had.

It's easy don't worry about it.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:12:06 pm »
Yup, you want to ask your dealer what they provide.  Mine gave the option of having someone there once electric was hooked up, but due to my time availablity I opted out, had absolutely no trouble firing up the spa myself.  I did my own electrical so all I needed was a final ok from the inspector.  
 My owners manual gave very clear instructions on powering on and such.
Brewman

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: Tub coming soon.  Delivery & set-up quest
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 01:24:12 pm »
My dealer has "Spa School" at the dealership on Saturdays so I attended that before delivery.  They go over how everything works and chemical maintenance.  Just ask your dealer, if they come on-site or if they offer something in-house.

Congratulations on your new spa, you are gonna love it!

anne

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »
It certainly depends- I dont think there is a standard, though that would be nice. I got no help or support or questions answered or anything. Very disappointing. The guys who dropped off the tub were just good at moving big, heavy somewhat delicate things- they knew nothing, and my dealer just said "there's a CD in the start up kit." So definitely ask!!!!! (Even so, it was not that hard to deal with. The only thing dicey is the electrical, and if you have an electrician hooking it all up, you'll be fine) All I had was a manual and my BF to double check that I was reading the instructions correctly, and it was easy.
Dance like nobody's watching

Jack_L

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:12:11 pm »
If I were to do it over again I would video the instructions told to me by the installer. At the time things are explained to me I think to myself, "yea I'll remember all of this" but then as time goes by I start to wonder, "now did he say this, or that?".  They put notes in my book as to procedures, intervals of stuff, but a video reminder would be nice.

My install went smooth as the electrician and spa installer showed up at the same time, got everything in place fairly quickly and now 6 months later all is still going smooth.  

2006 HS Vanguard installed March-06

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »
Don't sweat it too much.  There are tons of helpful folks lurking around here.

My dealer sent a technician (two young guys) out to set things up.  He gave me a quick rundown and one of those spa "startup" kits.  (The instructions were for bromine and my kit came with dichlor).

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42