What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bull Frog  how do they compare  (Read 18770 times)

In Canada eh

Re: Bull Frog  how do they compare
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 05:30:51 pm »
Well you know to change the jet packs you have to unscrew unions, in my experience screwing and unscrewing unions all the time causes failure of unions.  

OK got a bunch of stuff to say first one is in regard to unions above quote.   Thats what unions are made for, to take something apart.  They are designed into process piping systems all over the place for that exact reason.

OK back to the subject

I will take Mendo for his word when he says OTHER dealers not him have complained about problems behind the seat.   What I will say is that in my opinion the problem has been corrected.  We have gone 2 1/2 months since the last water change and have had no problems at all and I have been checking ;).

The tub itself stacks up well against others in the mid/high end of the market.   Can you compare them  to some Hot Springs, 800 series Sundance or 400 series Jaccuzzis,  no you can't but they are not marketed as such either,  Bullfrog tubs cost thousands less than above mentioned tubs.  In my opinion they are one of the best mid/high end tubs out there.   They use Balboa controls, Del ozonator, Aquaflow pumps, Waterway jets for the most part and have one of the best warranties around, lifetime warranty on the shell and jetpack plumbing!

In regards to the jet packs,  Sure you are probably not going to buy a complete back up set so you can change them around but we did move ours so we could have our favorite jet pack in our favourite seat :).  We have talked about buying one other jet pack we wish we had bought with the tub.  

One of the nicest things about Bullfrog is you can order the tub however you want it.  Pick out your jet packs based on wet test,  with a circ pump or not, with or without ozone and choose the hp and size of your pump.

In regards to pressure differences, you can install a blank into one of the manifolds behind the seat on 2 pump models that will divert pressure to one side or the other.

I think I got it all but if you have other questions ask away and I'll do my best,  remember that I am not a dealer just a happy customer so I can't help you with pricing and other stuff dealer related.

I still think Mendo should pick up Bullfrog to compliment his existing line ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:51:44 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 05:30:51 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 05:34:55 pm »

lol...never say never....I think most who do carry them do so as a second line...and for a dealer they may work great in complimenting your first line....

In Canada eh

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 05:40:36 pm »
Mendo

My dealer carries them as thier first line,  Beachcomber is thier second.  

Bullfrogs are alot cheaper and they sell alot more of them than Beachcomber, thier showroom had 6 Bullfrogs and 2 Beachcombers.   You could sell a lot of Tadepoles in your area.
Bullfrog 451

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 06:04:54 pm »
wow now thats interesting....I think most carry them second...it is really interesting that since Beachcomber is made in Canada that they would not be his first line....

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 06:09:17 pm »
One note: I did not like about the Bullfrog was that the power at the end of line meaning the last seat on the one plumbing line didnt seem to have enough power as it seemed to weaken as you went down the line of seats, I can see how they are trying to make up for it buy putting less or smaller jets in those packs but still seemed weak.
-SpaMan~

In Canada eh

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 06:25:49 pm »
Mendo

I believe its just a pricing and volume thing since the Bullfrog is cheaper they sell more so they give more floor space,  The Beachcomber tubs were very nice though.

Spaman

Thats what that "blank" I  mentioned is used for.  Yah I admit its kinda cheesy but it works and its cool to see a company respond to thier customers.  The one e-mail we sent them was answered in 4 hours, thats pretty fast when you compare it to the cable company, bell or your bank ;D
Bullfrog 451

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 06:48:12 pm »
Bullfrog is pretty good but if you don't get the larger pumps (as recommended), you can have pressure issues (as with any product).  The fact that Bullfrog allows/promotes customization is one benefit few other spa can extend so the optional jet packs DO make sense. There are no issues with "gunk behind the seats", that was (somewhat) true about four years ago but would also have applied to most any tub who was poorly maintained.  How do I know this?  I am not a dealer but did do extensive research on their products when I was considering becoming a dealer.  As others on here have stated, they are not a bad tub at all.  I would compare them with other higher line products like the mid-line Jacuzzi, Sundance, Master, Marquis, Caldera, etc.  Not a Dimension One of the higher end versions from Hot Springs, Master or others, but for the prices they are a pretty good deal.  One down issue is that they really do not have a lot of dealers so finding the best price point for a certain spa is not as easy for bullfrog as it is with other lines.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 11:46:39 am »
Well you know to change the jet packs you have to unscrew unions, in my experience screwing and unscrewing unions all the time causes failure of unions.  

OK got a bunch of stuff to say first one is in regard to unions above quote.   Thats what unions are made for, to take something apart.  They are designed into process piping systems all over the place for that exact reason.

OK back to the subject

I will take Mendo for his word when he says OTHER dealers not him have complained about problems behind the seat.   What I will say is that in my opinion the problem has been corrected.  We have gone 2 1/2 months since the last water change and have had no problems at all and I have been checking ;).

The tub itself stacks up well against others in the mid/high end of the market.   Can you compare them  to some Hot Springs, 800 series Sundance or 400 series Jaccuzzis,  no you can't but they are not marketed as such either,  Bullfrog tubs cost thousands less than above mentioned tubs.  In my opinion they are one of the best mid/high end tubs out there.   They use Balboa controls, Del ozonator, Aquaflow pumps, Waterway jets for the most part and have one of the best warranties around, lifetime warranty on the shell and jetpack plumbing!

In regards to the jet packs,  Sure you are probably not going to buy a complete back up set so you can change them around but we did move ours so we could have our favorite jet pack in our favourite seat :).  We have talked about buying one other jet pack we wish we had bought with the tub.  

One of the nicest things about Bullfrog is you can order the tub however you want it.  Pick out your jet packs based on wet test,  with a circ pump or not, with or without ozone and choose the hp and size of your pump.

In regards to pressure differences, you can install a blank into one of the manifolds behind the seat on 2 pump models that will divert pressure to one side or the other.

I think I got it all but if you have other questions ask away and I'll do my best,  remember that I am not a dealer just a happy customer so I can't help you with pricing and other stuff dealer related.

Yes unions are made to be screwed and unscrewed but not all the time, trust me continuous screwing and unscrewing of unions will cause a failure, im not talking about broken threads or anything but you will get leaks from the seals being open and closed consistantly......

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 11:57:38 am »

Yes unions are made to be screwed and unscrewed but not all the time, trust me continuous screwing and unscrewing of unions will cause a failure, im not talking about broken threads or anything but you will get leaks from the seals being open and closed consistantly......

Ok, as a reminder, I still consider myself an industry outsider and I've never seen a Bullfrog. Most poeple SHOULD be only moving these occasionally and rarely after they get the tub set the way they want wouldn't you think? Also, I thought these paks go in and out with the flip of a lever and easy removal.  There aren't threads that need to be done or undone is there?  I know I can mess up threads on the best equipment and it usually on a Friday before a holiday weekend and the customer wants you gone.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 01:00:16 pm »

Ok, as a reminder, I still consider myself an industry outsider and I've never seen a Bullfrog. Most poeple SHOULD be only moving these occasionally and rarely after they get the tub set the way they want wouldn't you think? Also, I thought these paks go in and out with the flip of a lever and easy removal.  There aren't threads that need to be done or undone is there?  I know I can mess up threads on the best equipment and it usually on a Friday before a holiday weekend and the customer wants you gone.
I'd agree, you'll rarely be moving these seats around so I wouldn't worry about the unions. Good concept that is nice at the point of sale but I don't think it does much for you afterward. I've never sat in one so I can't say how they feel but they get kudos IMO for at least being different.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 01:16:54 pm »
.[/quote]
I'd agree, you'll rarely be moving these seats around so I wouldn't worry about the unions. Good concept that is nice at the point of sale but I don't think it does much for you afterward. I've never sat in one so I can't say how they feel but they get kudos IMO for at least being different.
[/quote]
Yes, they do....What I was trying share in my post was that while being a nice idea its real genuine usefulness might not really mean that much....and again people I know who have worked with like them as a company.

MarKee

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 01:42:28 pm »
You gotta love some of the JetPaks like the BodyWand LOL

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/jetpak-bodywand.asp
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:43:37 pm by Hideaway_King »

asb2164

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 05:39:57 pm »
I have had my Bullfrog 331 for 5 mos. 2006 model, I love it, the problems people are saying about the stagnet water behind the jetpacks is false.
And I believe Jim Arjuna started this rumor plus, as my routine once a month I take out the packs and brush behind them, but I have never found anything behind them other than you would see at the waterline anyway.
It is comfortable for me and it is very easy on the electric bill and it is right outside my bedroom and a barely hear it kick on to heat the water or filter

I have moved the packs a few times and have had no problems, Plus the packs have a lifetime warranty on them, so bullfrog will replace them if there is a problem.

My dealer could not answer a question I had about the controls last week so I called Bullfrog directly and after a short time on hold they solved my problem and told me if I had any problem no matter how small to feel free to give them a call.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 06:15:32 pm »
I have had my Bullfrog 331 for 5 mos. 2006 model, I love it, the problems people are saying about the stagnet water behind the jetpacks is false.
And I believe Jim Arjuna started this rumor plus, as my routine once a month I take out the packs and brush behind them, but I have never found anything behind them other than you would see at the waterline anyway.
It is comfortable for me and it is very easy on the electric bill and it is right outside my bedroom and a barely hear it kick on to heat the water or filter

I have moved the packs a few times and have had no problems, Plus the packs have a lifetime warranty on them, so bullfrog will replace them if there is a problem.

My dealer could not answer a question I had about the controls last week so I called Bullfrog directly and after a short time on hold they solved my problem and told me if I had any problem no matter how small to feel free to give them a call.
Congratulations on your spa may you continue to enjoy for many years to come. Your statement about the water behind the packs is inaccurate. Bullfrog themselves knew there was a problem that is why they have tried to fix it and perhaps as of now it is fully resolved but to say it is was always just a rumor is not correct.

In Canada eh

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 10:57:25 pm »
I have had my Bullfrog 331 for 5 mos. 2006 model, I love it

Yeah :) :) :)

Finally another Bullfrog owner welcome to the forum, what model do you have?

Mendo,  see we are starting to gain a foothold ;), maybe just a small corner of your showroom 2 maybe 3 Bullfrogs 8-)
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 10:57:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42