What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Commendations  (Read 4248 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Commendations
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:01:03 pm »
I want to commend Bill, our faithful moderator. There are some other boards online which do not have the benefit of a moderator, and they quickly degrade into childishness. This makes them worthless to the shopping public.

I also want to commend the various dealers who frequent this board. The dealers here are up front about who they are and what they sell. But the part I like best is that they will answer a question about the brand they sell and not feel they have to jump into every thread to try to show the comaparison to the brand they offer. For example, I don't know much about Bullrog spas, so I don't jump into a thread about them, unless there is a question I have a specific answer to which would help the discussion along.

And finally I want to commend the spa owners who have made the tough journey through the shopping and buying experience, have their tubs, but still come around to help out. You are truly great people for doing so, since you have no way of benefitting directly from your time spent here other than the great feeling that comes with helping other people out.

Oh, and I want to apologize on behalf of spa professionals all over when you, the shopper, find yourself in the middle of a catfight which was not of your making. By offering an open forum, some folks feel they must allow any post which any person wants to post. That is why I am so glad there is a moderator here. Recent events on another web board have made me truly sad. What a pleasure to come here instead.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Commendations
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:01:03 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Commendations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 12:11:35 pm »
Here. Here.

Thanks Bill and to all the dealers, techs, buyers, users lurkers, shopers who play fair.  

07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:26 pm »
, and they quickly degrade into childishness. .

As opposed to here, where I only let it sink to that level occasionally.  ;)

Thanks though, I do appreciate the sentiment, and you slowing down your post to allow me to hit 4000 first  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:57:51 pm »
wmccall, thank you from us yanks in CT.

Chas, Bless you for the time you spend defending reputable dealers, retailers, and manufacturers on other forums. You reserve yourself to intelligent replies and it is noticed.

Best is the spa owners who hang around and give regular input of their experiences.

OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:07:42 pm »
As a "newbie" here, I've nonetheless done my time on usenet - as recreation it's one thing, but as meaningful research, using an unmoderated board wastes a lot of time, IMO.

This post is just to add to the kudos to everyone here for a really helpful site. You all, and also Doc, made it possible for me to get up to speed enough to be confident in the purchase process, and to feel pretty solid about maintaining my investment.

That's no small service, and I really appreciate it!

Not to mention, it seems like you have a great community of folks here, who appreciate each other even when you disagree - nice work! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
Kudos.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:15:42 pm »
After reading Amanda's post on the BS section, I had to go take a look. I am so glad that I found this forum, and not that one, when I was shopping. Chas, you are so right, Bill does a great job and I can't imagine what people must think when they visit that other forum looking for advice or help.  This forum functions as it should...full of good information from dealers and sales people who are proud of the spa industry and who represent it professionally. And from consumers who are tied together because they have discovered how to improve their quality of life by owning a hot tub....  And all of this is under the control of a great moderator who knows how to keep things relevant but still fun!

So why don't all of you just stay here where you are appreciated and let 'ol Jim talk to himself for a while.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 04:07:39 pm »
Chas,

It is very nice of you to offer these comments, with which, as per usual for almost all of your contributions, I completely agree.

Bill

Amanda_Panda

• Clearwater
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 05:49:18 am »
FOR REAL! Chas... you hit the nail on the head! I am beyond grateful for true/sincere moderation.

So far this has truely been a WORLD apart from my experiences in another forum. Although some folks showed appreciation formy attemps to keep things professional... I felt more of my time was spent trying to protect visiting readers from the "jerry Springer" show  :o instead of being helpful in an educational way. Glas there's someone already doing that in here!  :-*

Wheew! What a relief!!!

The best intention pales in comparison to the smallest good deed.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 08:36:13 am »
I echo the previous posts. I was lucky enough to find this site first.
The only time I went elsewhere was to actually see what kind of joker this "other fellow" was all about.

In Canada eh

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 05:14:14 pm »
I echo the previous posts. I was lucky enough to find this site first.
The only time I went elsewhere was to actually see what kind of joker this "other fellow" was all about.

Ditto!

Bullfrog 451

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 05:29:24 pm »

Agreed.....the moderator seems very fair and very nice.

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 05:35:22 pm »
Well done Bill!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 06:39:07 pm »
And finally I want to commend the spa owners who have made the tough journey through the shopping and buying experience, have their tubs, but still come around to help out. You are truly great people for doing so, since you have no way of benefitting directly from your time spent here other than the great feeling that comes with helping other people out.
WHAT???  :o Term said that we'd get free donuts every other Thursday after we got to the 1,000 post mark! Well, I never!  >:(

Okay, gotta bring out the evil twin every now and then.....anyhow, I LOVE the site, think it's great that there are people that are willing to come together out in the big, bad 'net, and help others...I feel a group grop.....er.....hug coming on.....sing with me! "Kum ba ya my lord............." Ok, nevermind that.
Entertaining discussions, debates, information, friendships, hints on how NOT to get caught in your neighbor's tub (with the neighbor's hubby) and all the other great stuff on here....there should be an award for this kind of site.
Great job, I'll be back! ;)
RIP C-Rod

tubbyB

• tub newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 08:03:38 pm »
Thanks for keeping things "clean" Bill.
'06 Optima

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 08:03:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42