What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas  (Read 12157 times)

HSKRN8N

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cal Spas
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:57:58 pm »
Any luck with CAL SPAS??  I am considering a CAL SPA classic 22, price is $9000???
Thanks - Fort Collins area

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spas
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:57:58 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:01:07 pm »
My uncle has had his for over a year now and loves it.  I don't know too much about them, other than they have GE pumps.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:35:54 pm »
[size=12]I love my CalSpa.

But the dealer is almost as important as the brand.

Make sure you choose a dealer that will be there for you after the sale.

Ask things like "do they charge a "trip charge" to do warranty work?".

Ask how long they have been in business and how long they have sold the brand you are buying.

Ask the salesman how long he has worked there and/or been in the spa business.

Ask to meet their techs and store owner/manager.

Wet test the tubs you are considering and compare brands....don't be in a hurry
and don't fall for the "sale ends this weekend" because you have to live with the tub
for years so take your time and don't be rushed by a salesman trying to make his quota for the week.

You should get a "gut feeling" as to whether they want you as a quick sale or a long time customer.

Oh by the way.....Waterfalls and LED lights are nice.

Ask for "free" steps/cover and delivery when sealing the deal.

Good Luck![/size]

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:36:58 pm by Zep »

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:01:44 am »
Zep is happy! God bless him. I would, however, check out the archives of this site as well as TheRipOffReport.com before buying a Calspa.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Zep

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:49:57 am »
Oh and by the way Cal Spas recently finished construction on the 500,000 square foot brand new manufacturing facility in California and has over 500 dealers.

The new state of the art facility which opened April 10th, 2006 will allow Cal Spas to make about 600 spas per day.

With the new manufacturing facility, Cal Spas now has about 1 million square feet of space and employs about 1200 people.

http://calspas.com/hot_tubs/tour.htm

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 07:15:11 am by Zep »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 07:13:19 am »
I did look at the Cal brand in May of 2005.  There were a couple models that I was interested in and can say that first hand I was not impressed.  The insulation on the tub I looked at was about 1" thick in most places, the skirt rattled like a cheap kids toy and there were obvious signs of a plumbing repair on the (dry) display model.  The simulated brick model that they had was more sound but the insulation was the same.  Good insulation for Texas but not for the northern climates.
Good luck on your search
Steve
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 07:17:26 am by cola »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 11:01:25 am »
Oh and by the way Cal
The new state of the art facility which opened April 10th, 2006 will allow Cal Spas to make about 600 spas per day.

Huh, 600 spas per day? I guess that means they'll only have to work Monday and half day Tuesday and they'll be done for the week.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »
re:Huh, 600 spas per day?

Uh?

Wow i guess Cal Spa must be  creating
hundreds of unhappy customers every day!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »
re:Huh, 600 spas per day?

Uh?

Wow i guess Cal Spa must be  creating
hundreds of unhappy customers every day!

One at a time.

Actually, I think we can all guesstimate they currently aren't doing oh, say, 1/4 that 600 number per day (which is still enormous) but I guess they've left room for expansion. You and Spaman better get the word out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 05:10:49 pm »
Sure they have the capability of 600 per day, but I could also drink a 24 pack of beer everyday.  Doesn't mean it ever happens or will ever happen.

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 08:15:14 pm »
Depends on what is included     is there an ATS system  Waterfalls  LED Waterline Lighting.....?

I Retail  our Classic 22 Series Base Models With the Dually Pump and LED Waterfall & Delivery for $6,999  Cdn  so that would be Around $7,900-$8000 US  but that is for a base model  and 1 option. So if there is more options  then yes you could hit $9,000

It all comes down to what you want & how much your willing to spend

Zep

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 11:15:09 pm »
re: You and Spaman better get the word out

No....with 500 dealers around the globe, an 80-acre plant with 1 million sq. ft. of manufacturing capacity and a workforce of 1200 individuals CalSpas seem to be doing quite well without any help from me!

;)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 01:18:05 pm »
I did look at the Cal brand in May of 2005.  There were a couple models that I was interested in and can say that first hand I was not impressed.  The insulation on the tub I looked at was about 1" thick in most places, the skirt rattled like a cheap kids toy and there were obvious signs of a plumbing repair on the (dry) display model.  The simulated brick model that they had was more sound but the insulation was the same.  Good insulation for Texas but not for the northern climates.
Good luck on your search
Steve

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Hmm must be talkin about climates north of Colorado because its a huge seller and performs fantastically.  Rattled? Hmm just pounded and kicked one and heard no rattle ran all 3 pumps on high and is very quiet. Sure it wasnt a Phoenix you were lookin at?
-SpaMan~

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 01:19:01 pm »
Oh and 9k is too much! Call me! ;)
-SpaMan~

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:48:41 pm »
Depends on what is included     is there an ATS system  Waterfalls  LED Waterline Lighting.....?

I Retail  our Classic 22 Series Base Models With the Dually Pump and LED Waterfall & Delivery for $6,999  Cdn  so that would be Around $7,900-$8000 US  but that is for a base model  and 1 option. So if there is more options  then yes you could hit $9,000

It all comes down to what you want & how much your willing to spend

Umm, I think that is reversed. Isn't $6999 Cdn more like about $6300 US? No experience with the brand and as far as I can tell the 22 is a family of spas so hard to know which one you are refering to. But it appears that series is not one of the higher end spas so that price seems a little high. I also prefer a spa that doesn't wipe out a corner seat with the filter box but that is just a personal preference on my part.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:48:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42