What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Beachcomber Experts Out There?  (Read 2894 times)

hudler1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Any Beachcomber Experts Out There?
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:41:28 pm »
We are looking at the Beachcomber Model 578, it seems like a nice family tub, and just about the right size. My question is about the protec step. Is there a real world disadvantage to just getting the pumps etc right in the skirt, I assume that beachcomber will do this for you since they call the protec an option. Would it be louder without the step? Would the electric bill be that much higher??? Anybody with any experience with the Beachcomber tub without the step, let me know the real deal. I would like to build the tub into a deck with about a foot or less of the tub sticking through....don't really want any step off of the tub, although I could work around it if there really is any advantage.

Hot Tub Forum

Any Beachcomber Experts Out There?
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:41:28 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Any Beachcomber Experts Out There?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:31:35 pm »
I got familiar with Beachcomber. A friend is the US director of sales.

IMO, there is no benefit to the protec option. It costs more to ship that way, and it is somethingn they can offer which others do not.

If it works better for you to get the pumps mounted like every other spa, then tell them that is how you want to spa and write the check.

I think they make some of the most comfortable spas I have sat in. They have a good choice of sizes and shapes, and I like the idea of no headrest pillows.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:42:00 pm »
I have a 580 and think the step make a nice landing area when getting in and out of the tub.  At my dealer they had all of the units with the Limited Edition package which includes the steps.  It is a nice package that includes everything you need.  So buying it without the step may mean you need to buy some other options seperately.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:42:17 pm by marks »

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:54:24 am »
There is an advantage to Protec, your whole tub is insulated, not just 3 walls.
Second, you can order your tub with the pack plumbing in one of 9 places this will help you in building into the deck, for a cleaner look and easier access. You sevice techs understand what I mean when you have to get to an equipment area and their is a 2" x 6" header in the way.
Third because the equipment isn't under the step, the steps into the tub are reinforced, so a in deck situation you can step in as if it is a commercial spa application. Most companies don't want you stepping in on their cool down bench because they do not support it, so they say it is safer to sit on the top rail and roate down to the cool  down seat.
The way we ship the tubs doesn't make it any more expensive to ship. I have seen higher shipping rates by other companies. Yes we do offer it both ways, but we sell over 90% protec.
I have seen several dozen deck applications including 1 that has the pack about 10' from the tub that is inside their 3 seasons porch.
But Chas is right. They make a very comfortable tub. I have been in this industry 20 years as a service tech, sales man, a manager a store owner and now a rep. I have sat in dozens of brands and hundreds of models and I will tell you if you are not comfortable in the tub you will not use it as much.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 04:54:16 pm »
In addition to having insulation on four sides of the hot tub the Protect option allows for unlimited access to servicing and also allows for custom installations.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 04:54:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42