What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Chairman II vs?  (Read 2925 times)

Pastor_Mac

D1 Chairman II vs?
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:19 pm »
Greetings all,

I've narrowed my search to between a HS Envoy and D1 Chairman II.

I've owned a HS Sovereign in the past and was happy. It was sold with the house I sold to Pastor buddy. I've wet tested both above tubs. I like the motomassage on Envoy but it doesn't have wrist massage like Chaiman and the seat that does have it on Envoy I have to lean foward to reach my wrists ( very uncomfortable from back surgery). I know the HS is solid and well service backed but its lacking the jetting that feels the best in the Chairman II. My concern I'm expressing here is a couple questions.

1- I know the HS filters 100% and it appears that the Chairman II is as well so I'm opening up discussion on this- Does it filter the jets as well as the small filter pump? This is an issue to me because the Pastor is an HAIRY APE! I dont want to clog the jet pumps in intakes so filtering is a big concern to me. Does the D1 bypass filters?

2- Then to the people who own or service the Chairman II have you had any major problems? I had only one service call on my Sovereign and the was the remote on/off switch inside the tub by the lounge.

3- WHat is a fair price for the Chairman II? For Ohio area

4- Any suggestions on a topper or Gazebo that is economical since Hot tub is outdoors and on a windy deck?

Is there anythng else out there I should be comparing beside these two? I did check out Jacuzzi & Sundance, not hot on filter system on those either!

I wish HS had the jetting set up like the Chairman II!

Thanks for your replies and thoughts.

God Bless,

Pastor Mac

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Chairman II vs?
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:19 pm »

MarKee

Re: D1 Chairman II vs?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:32:00 pm »
The D1 probably bypasses when the jets are on high.  I wouldn't worry about it.  The Hotspring "no bypass" is a bunch of hype in my opinion.  Even though I think Hotspring makes a quality product, I don't understand some things about their spas, such as not filtering from the bottom, only the top.  Since therapy is a big thing for you, I would pick the spa that is more comfortable, both will filter fine.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:02 pm »
Well, I admire the fact that Markee didn't recommend the Marquis Epic. If therapy is a major concern, I would definitely check out the Marquis Epic as well.

What didn't you like about the Envoy jetting?" How did the Dual Moto-Massage jet feel on your back?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:43:42 am »
Hey I can only promote the Epic and Marquis so much :)  You should check the Epic out though, it is an amazing spa especially if therapy is your main thing.  There is most likely a Marquis dealer close by.

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 01:01:48 am »
The D1 probably bypasses when the jets are on high.  I wouldn't worry about it.  The Hotspring "no bypass" is a bunch of hype in my opinion.  Even though I think Hotspring makes a quality product, I don't understand some things about their spas, such as not filtering from the bottom, only the top.  Since therapy is a big thing for you, I would pick the spa that is more comfortable, both will filter fine.

Well, the D1 does bypass.  I still don't understand why those who don't have no-bypass think it is hype.  No comments please - no need to Beat the Dead Horse.  I've read more than I ever care to read on it.

As to the filtering from bottom vs. top:  It is such a small body of water, all the water, even that at the bottom, will be filtered.  Studies have been done on pools showing the main drains are really not necessary for full circulation.  In fact, some builders are looking to discontinue use of main drains to prevent entrapment.  This sounds much like the way Hot Spring does it.  No suction ports in the bottom of the spa - no chance of hair entanglement.  I personally have not ever heard of hair entanglement in a hot tub, but with no suction, there is no chance.
As to the Envoy, I think this is an awesome spa.  It has a lot of power, neat water feature, the new stereo is great.  The double Moto will be so much better than the single you had on your Sovereign.

While D1 is a decent spa, I personally think you'll be happier with Hot Spring.  You already have a track record with them, so why not go that way again?

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:25:29 am »
Why would he be happier with the HotSpring?  He just said he liked the jets of the D1 better!

Pastor_Mac

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 05:30:29 am »
Well, I admire the fact that Markee didn't recommend the Marquis Epic. If therapy is a major concern, I would definitely check out the Marquis Epic as well.

What didn't you like about the Envoy jetting?" How did the Dual Moto-Massage jet feel on your back?

I liked the double moto-massage. But no leg or wrist jets on that seat and it floated me up and away from the jets. I didn't float away in D1. Both my wife and I have carpal tunnel so I can have wrist therapy and her in the other corner seat at same time.

The seat in the Envoy that does has palm postion mostly, for me to hit my wrist in that seat I had to lean foward which hurts my back.

Believe it or not there is no Marquis dealer close to the Football hall of Fame city! Its almost an hour away.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 07:21:12 am »
Do you think the wrist massage will be an important factor?   Its probably the one feature on my tub that never gets used.  Of course a small part of that is the idiotic design of that feature by Dynasty on my model. (one jet is 5" higher than the other)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Pastor_Mac

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 07:45:47 am »
Do you think the wrist massage will be an important factor?   Its probably the one feature on my tub that never gets used.  Of course a small part of that is the idiotic design of that feature by Dynasty on my model. (one jet is 5" higher than the other)

Hi There moderator :-)

The wrist is for me because both of us has hand trouble. Plus another thought is I only have to flip half of lid back to lay in lounger for back and wrist without having to switch seats. Thanks !

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 09:32:12 am »
1- I know the HS filters 100% and it appears that the Chairman II is as well so I'm opening up discussion on this- Does it filter the jets as well as the small filter pump? This is an issue to me because the Pastor is an HAIRY APE! I dont want to clog the jet pumps in intakes so filtering is a big concern to me. Does the D1 bypass filters?

God Bless,

Pastor Mac

I realize that most people don't like to see the dirty truth, but here it is once again:

No spa company filters all the water BEFORE it enters the pump, heater, and plumbing except for HotSpring.

Competitors can call it marketing or hype or whatever they choose to try and diminish it's importance, but I have yet to hear anyone logically explain why it is a disadvantage to filter out debris rather than ingest it into your spa's internal components.

The D-1 is a fine spa and if you got it, you'd probably be very happy with it.

Good luck in your decision. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 09:52:37 am »
Didn't someone already ask not to Beat any Dead Horses? I will be so disappointed if this thread turns into the same ol' argument. Its getting plain dull.
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 09:55:28 am »
Didn't someone already ask not to Beat any Dead Horses? I will be so disappointed if this thread turns into the same ol' argument. Its getting plain dull.

I hope it doesn't either.  I am simply answering the pastor's #1 concern.  He's asked for help, I'm providing it, as is my nature.

Terminator

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 11:47:35 am »
If the wrist jets are your #1 concern and they don't hit you right in the HS Envoy, give the Accolade a try.  It sounds like you're giving Hot Spring a solid look even though it appears the D1 caters to your highest need a little bit better.

If wrist jets are a big concern, and you still want the filtration of a Hot Spring, I would definitely recommend trying the Accolade.  It comes with the no-bypass filtration, has the Tri-X filters, and is kind of a cross between the Envoy and the other upright tubs.  I like it because it is one of the only spas that doesn't require a seat for the Soothing Seven.  Also the armrests in its wrist-jet seat are a little less steep and they aren't as far from the back of the seat, either.

Good luck!  All the tubs mentioned so far are solid in reputation and quality.

The_Bends

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 01:09:09 pm »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

omg, ow ow ow

i fell off my chair......
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaaaa
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:09:40 pm by The_Bends »
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 01:50:07 pm »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

omg, ow ow ow

i fell off my chair......
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaaaa

It's not funny.  I spent a lot of time and effort making that. :'(

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 01:50:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42