What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: crane installation  (Read 2266 times)

spazman

• Soaking in my "modified" '98 Sundance Corum!
crane installation
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:41:58 pm »
Hey dealers,
What is a fair bid to install a spa on a deck with an average size crane. Keep in mind this is not a spa our dealership sold. We would be acting as a contractor to put it in place. We arrange the crane and provide 2 workers to place the spa. The job should take 1 hour.

Hot Tub Forum

crane installation
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:41:58 pm »

mjb

Re: crane installation
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:55:56 pm »
We always have the crane
operator visit the site to
figure out which crane they
need to use and how long they
expect to be there before we
quote any $$$.
Most crane companies have
a minimum charge.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:57:37 pm »
Around here they generally, for an average size crane, get $159 per hour, with a 2 hour minimum, including travel time shop to shop.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:12:31 pm »
Around here they generally, for an average size crane, get $159 per hour, with a 2 hour minimum, including travel time shop to shop.

We tell people to expect $300 to $800 until someone gets out there to look and see what is really involved.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:07 am »
My tub's total price included delivery with crane, whether needed it or not (the company the contracted to delivered all tubs on a flatbed equipped with a crane.  They "valued" the delivery at $400 (2005- MA).  Not sure if helps you or not.

I did have an issue with the crane crew. It was a blazing hot day, and despite my concerns about using the crane to lift the tub over the house (It wasn't necessary) and any damage thier truck might do to my new driveway.  They insisted it wouldn't cause a problem. Told me they were insured and how they just delivered somehting to a famous politician in Boston (John Kerry) and damaged his tree and they took care of it. Long story short. The install of the tub itself went great.  HOWEVER   The truck left huge ruts in my pavement, and after fighting with their ins co. got remburessed for a $4000 driveway repair.

1) crane deliveur about $400
2) don't do in on the hottest day of the year
3) make sure they are insured and have done this before.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:56:47 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42