What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pic O' the Day 8-30-06  (Read 2827 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Hot Tub Pic O' the Day 8-30-06
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:49:27 am »

This picture just makes me feel bad.  What a lot of wasted time, money, and effort invested into such a horrible spa.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Pic O' the Day 8-30-06
« on: August 30, 2006, 09:49:27 am »

dkersten

Re: Hot Tub Pic O' the Day 8-30-06
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:09 am »
is it just me, or did someone not understand the fundamentals of a tape measure?  

"yeah that hole looks deep enough.. JAKE BRING THE TUB IN HERE.. IT'LL BE FINE!!"

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:32:28 am »
is it just me, or did someone not understand the fundamentals of a tape measure?  

"yeah that hole looks deep enough.. JAKE BRING THE TUB IN HERE.. IT'LL BE FINE!!"

I hope they are planning on building a deck up and around the hot tub so the top of the tub would actually be at knee high.  Gotta figure that is what they were thinking.  

Regarding the tub.  I'm not sure what it is or what makes it so horrible.  Term...what are we looking at here?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:32:48 am »
Tech 1: "well what are we gonna do now?"

Tech 2: "maybe if we put a nice insulated cover on it they won't notice"

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 10:39:50 am »
That, my friend. as many of the seasoned industry professionals probably already know, is a JacuzziŽ Laser PlusTM. That hot tub is probably between 10 and 15 years old. It included Circ Pump, air blower and two 2hp jet pumps operating 28 jets and the standard waterfall. That color I can't quite place I think it was called topaz marble. As soon as bubba and his pals figger out what they're doin' It'll be a great spa/room. However I would have tried to talk them into a trade in for a J-355 or 365.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:24:24 am »
If you look at the siding leaning against the wall in the background, it would appear that the spa has been set down that way and operated for some time. It might not have looked too bad when the siding was all in place.

While you are looking, notice that the older Jacuzzi tubs had almost all 2" plumbing - they really moved a ton of water through the jets - but the just didn't have very many jets. I sold tubs just like this one over ten years ago.

Also, look at the white thing sitting to the left of the tub right above a hammer on the deck near the opening the spa is setting in. THAT is the insulation. They sprayed a tiny amount on the back of the shell - I don't know why - but then they made these pillow-like things by injecting foam into molds lined with a thin sheet of plastic. It was one step above putting shipping peanuts into a trash bag, but it held its shape better.

The spas were amazing energy hogs, and my customers freaked about it.

I am glad Jacuzzi went to full foam, but they no longer have the huge plumbing and ultra high-volume pumps.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 11:29:15 am »
My guess is they overlooked the fact that it's one of those metric tubs. ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 12:37:18 pm »
I like the color. It looks to me like the shell has held up well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 10:34:29 am »
Yep, they still use a lot of 2" plumbing, it's just when you get to those 10-12 jet seats, they manifold it down to 1. The 45 gpm jets are still plumbed w/ 2", allowing for the higher volume.

If you look at the siding leaning against the wall in the background, it would appear that the spa has been set down that way and operated for some time. It might not have looked too bad when the siding was all in place.

While you are looking, notice that the older Jacuzzi tubs had almost all 2" plumbing - they really moved a ton of water through the jets - but the just didn't have very many jets. I sold tubs just like this one over ten years ago.

Also, look at the white thing sitting to the left of the tub right above a hammer on the deck near the opening the spa is setting in. THAT is the insulation. They sprayed a tiny amount on the back of the shell - I don't know why - but then they made these pillow-like things by injecting foam into molds lined with a thin sheet of plastic. It was one step above putting shipping peanuts into a trash bag, but it held its shape better.

The spas were amazing energy hogs, and my customers freaked about it.

I am glad Jacuzzi went to full foam, but they no longer have the huge plumbing and ultra high-volume pumps.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 10:34:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42