What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS - Adding Rotary Jets  (Read 2461 times)

Buckee

HS - Adding Rotary Jets
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:17 am »
Wow, what a difference this has made.  On our '05 Vista (and most other HS tubs I'd guess) you can get OEM replacement rotary jets for all the "Precision Jets".  These are the little jets that can get "itchy" after a while - the rotaries change the whole feel of the tub.  I think there were 18 on the Vista, including the knee, wrist, and neck jets all around.  I found 6 on Ebay, and ordered the rest thru my dealer.  He'd never changed them so I just experimented at water change time, and found you twist off the bezel and the Precision nozzle comes right out, then use a small screwdriver to pop out the nylon bushing that holds the nozzle. The rotary then drops right in.  Put a small dab of silicone caulk on the bezel before you twist it back on or it will vibrate itself loose.  Dealer gave me "inventor's discount" since he didn't know about this - I told him he should have these as a standard aftermarket item (actually I emailed HS that they should put these in every tub).  This is not hard to do - you are not disconnecting any plumbing.

You should also get rotaries for the larger directional hydromassage jets - especially the 2 in the lounge footwell. AMAZING. These just screw in/out.  Have fun 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

HS - Adding Rotary Jets
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:17 am »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: HS - Adding Rotary Jets
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:06:13 am »
Very few people actually do get the rotating precision jets changed out, but it's something that can make a world of difference in the right spot.

I like using the rotating precision jets on the Vanguard, Sovereign, Caspian, and Bengal for the most part.  The jet cluster seats with rotary precision jets in the lower back area are phenomenal.  Haven't tried putting them in the quartet jets above the Moto-Massage yet, but I think that's due for experimentation.

Danny_L

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 09:22:47 pm »
I LOVE the spin jets on my Vista, but the seat they are on don't hit in the right place.  I usually sink down to where the spinners hit the top of my shoulders and it works wonders!  8-)

Since I still have over $100 in store credit, I'm thinking about adding more spinners.   Thanks for the heads up.  ;)
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:44:22 pm »
I sold a Caspian and the man wanted ALL spinners. There are something like 24 of the 'Precision Jets' in a Caspian.

We changed every dang one of them on delivery.

But after he tried it for the first week, he sheepishly said he wanted to go back to regular jets in a couple of places. Too mellow. I had all his regular jets in a box, handed them over to him and he was thrilled.

I don't know how many he ended up using, but whatever he wants, he has enough of each type to do!!

Hmm - I wonder if he was the one who had spin jets on Ebay!?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tubaholic

• HS Grandee Indoors
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 09:23:00 pm »
Am I to understand that the small jets above the moto massage and  the calf jets can be changed to small spinner like jets???? I have a grande and would love to change the feel of 1 seat  for sure.....

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 10:02:25 pm »
where do i order these from.  Anyone have a link so that i can check them out?

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 10:13:08 pm »
I don't have them on yet.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 11:36:12 pm »
I took giraffeattheoasis's advise and moved some jets around on my Envoy. I took the spinners next to the Captains chair and moved them to the corner seat. Moved the directional jets from the corner seat to the seat next to the captains chair. Wow, what a difference.  
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 10:25:25 am »
where do i order these from.  Anyone have a link so that i can check them out?

You should be able to order them from your dealer.  Cost is probably going to be around 9 or 10 dollars apiece.

I like putting them in the Jet-cluster seats on the Vanguard and Sovereign... I leave the regular precisions as the top 6 and put the bottom 4 as rotary.

You can also get rotary HydroStream jets, but they're a little bit pricier.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 10:25:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42