What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus  (Read 6065 times)

ctkathy

Sundance Maxxus
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
Our local spa dealer has one filled on the floor they are selling with stereo, package including cover and lifter, delivered and installed  for $12,195.  This price is only $335 less than the cost to order a new one, even though the floor model has the features/color we want.

Does this sound reasonable to you experienced hot tub buyers?  The decision maker wasn't in the store at the time we were there, but we asked the salesgirl to see if a better price could be arranged and we haven't received a call yet.  

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Maxxus
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
Re: Sundance Maxxus
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:34:20 pm »
I tried the same thing with D1 tub and was shocked that the floor model wasn't alot  cheaper, same ball park ($300).   I didn't persue it any further, since i still had other tubs to check out (which i'm still in the process)

I only seen this tub via internet.  Did you wet test this tub?  it's listed as 6 person tub, but from the picture the two end seats seem like cool down seats.  I cant tell if there are any jets action on those seats.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:36:11 pm »
I don't think I would buy a used spa at only a 2% discount.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:37:32 pm »
12K? = WOW

ctkathy

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:49:06 pm »
I tried the same thing with D1 tub and was shocked that the floor model wasn't alot  cheaper, same ball park ($300).   I didn't persue it any further, since i still had other tubs to check out (which i'm still in the process)

I only seen this tub via internet.  Did you wet test this tub?  it's listed as 6 person tub, but from the picture the two end seats seem like cool down seats.  I cant tell if there are any jets action on those seats.

There is one cool down seat, but the other seats are all jetted.  My husband is 6'4" and it felt good to him.  As it was filled, we could wet test it easily.  Dealer told us it was 6 months old.  

If you can order a new one never filled for about $300 more, I think that is the thing to do.  

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:54:02 pm »
I would think twice about buying a $12k+ tub from a dealer who takes their sweet time to call you back.  Perhaps consider a dealer who is a little more appreciative of your business.

ctkathy

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 04:02:59 pm »
Well, I called another dealer of this spa for a price, inquiring as to whether they had a floor model, etc.  The dealer was in the next state, but not far away--maybe an hour drive.  I was chewed out for not using  my local dealer, what goes around comes around, blah, blah.  I said 'thank you' and hung up.  Sheesh.  

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:51:49 pm »
ctkathy,

If you like the Maxxus, have your dealer check to see if SunDance has anymore demos left.  We just bought a 2006 demo Maxxus complete with everything you mentioned for $10,100.00 delivered and set-up.  The way it was explained by my dealer, and confirmed directly from SunDance is their demo's are units which they have taken to spa shows, filled during the show, drained, and sold as demos.  Ours had a scratch on the LCD face plate, and another one on the stereo door, and the dealer replaced both items free of charge.
We didn't have to wait for ours as this was a unit the dealer had already bought from SunDance, but they had a list of other demos and said the typical turnaround time is 1 week.
Concerning the seating arrangements, it does have 1 cool down seat which has only foot jets, and the area below the double waterfall also serves as a seat with only foot jets.  It has 3 seats and a lounger with full therapeutic jets.  If you are wanting to entertain in the tub, you can easily sit 7-8 people in it.  Believe it or not, 3 people can sit pretty comfy cross ways in the lounger.
We have had ours a week tomorrow and absolutely love it.

Jr

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 05:22:01 pm »
It's simple. Call them, counter offer, tell them the counter offer is good until X o'clock,....

The price is fair for a Maxxus. The spa is NOT used(still full warranty, etc.) If you feel that the fact that it has been filled for a couple of months warrants more than a $300 discount, tell them. My guess is they will move some rather than lose a sale.

As far as not getting a call back... I'm guessing the "salesgirl" didn't have the authority to drop any more and was waiting on a call herself. Make sure whoever you're negotiating with has the ability to negotiate.

Maxxus is a great tub, especially for tall guys like your hubby.

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

ctkathy

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 05:36:45 pm »
I will ask the dealer about demos.  I like your price.

I gave the  salesgirl my card and she said the owner would call us on Monday.  We discussed what we would be willing to pay, that it would be cash, etc.  Well, still waiting.

I may look at a couple of other lines tomorrow, but the size of the Maxxus is great for my tall husband.  

I did get a feel from your answers that you all mostly agree that the asking price is too much and the discount is not enough, especially for a floor model, so I will try to get a better discount rather than backing off.  

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 06:33:10 pm »
ctkathy,
Sundance is known for their deep spas in general, so you don't have to go with the Maxxus to get the depth you're looking for. It is a very big and beautiful spa, but also has 5 total pumps, and is in a very high price bracket. The Maxxus I sell at my store is around 13 for the package you're quoting, so it's a decent price. I definately wouldn't take the floor model for only a $300 discount, there's something really great about getting one brand new fresh out of the wrapping. If it was 500-1000 less, now that's a different story. You do get a full warranty with a floor model because the dealers don't register them until they find a permanent home. I'd personally try out the Cameo. (The new Maxxus was redesigned with the Cameo's lounge and the Optima's foot dome.) So, it's the exact same "tall person" lounge, but has those 3 awesome whirpool jets instead of the little ones plus 1 whirpool jet in the Maxxus. It's still the same depth seating. It's also approximately 2000 - 2500 less. Be careful about the "demo" models. Sundance has lists of First availiables/ and red tags. They sometimes have limited warranties, and Sundance only gives discounts of a couple of hundred dollars to the dealer, so there's no real drop they can give you. Garyjr got a PHENOMINAL price for an 05 or an 06 Maxxus (new body style), but it's not likely that most dealers would go that low. Good luck with your findings, I'm sure you will be thrilled with Sundance.  :)
-SpaGirlAZ

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:33 pm »
OHHHHHHHH you work for paddock?
Why dint ya say so . Wonder if we crossed paths how long have you been there?
-SpaMan~

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:56 pm »
SpaGirlAZ is correct.  We got the price that we did because the dealer just ordered 2 more Maxxus's, 2 Cameo's and a couple other demos and needed to move this unit.  We wet tested both the Maxxus and Cameo, and loved them both.  Ended up going with the Maxxus because the price was only $1000 more than the Cameo for alot bigger tub.  Also, I called SunDance personally before signing the papers and the demo came with the same warrenty as a brand new one (the dealer provided me with a signed copy of the warranty when we bought it.)
Our dealer checked the demo/red tag sheet and confirmed they also had other colors available in the Maxxus for the same price. We wanted, and they had the Platinum/Coastal color combo so we took the one they had.
Not sure how they did it, but $10,100 was the price we paid.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:33 am »
OK, I'm looking at the most current brochure, and even including the circulation pump you have 4 pumps. This is the same pump count as the Jacuzzi J-385, which is deep, comfortable beautiful and $4000 less!

ctkathy,
Sundance Maxxus  is a very big and beautiful spa, but also has 5 total pumps, and is in a very high price bracket.
-SpaGirlAZ
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 11:54:32 am »
 ::)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 11:54:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42