What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test, Sundance Maxxus...  (Read 4074 times)

Bama

Wet test, Sundance Maxxus...
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:41:57 pm »
Ok, hubby and I did the wet test on the Sundance Maxxus.  It's a really nice tub with powerful jets.  My husband loved it.   As a petite person, I didn't fit in the seats very well.  There are no jets to give a neck massage, which is important to me.  That being the case, we'll pass on the Sundance.  Originally, we had pretty much decided on the LA spa Paradise H-2, I suppose we are still on track for that.  

Hot Tub Forum

Wet test, Sundance Maxxus...
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:41:57 pm »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Re: Wet test, Sundance Maxxus...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:51:42 pm »
Bama,

We just purchased a Maxxus and absolutely LOVE it.   The seats are large, and the jets are extremely powerful, however, they are so adjustable even my 5'4" wife can sit comfortably in each position.
My only complaint is the lounger is designed for someone at least 6'2" to fully utilize the back and foot jets.
Good luck on your quest...

Jr

Ronnie526

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:03:40 am »
Bama .... I'm kind of suprised that someone didn't jump in with this sooner, but ....I'm quite sure Maxxus DOES have neck jets?  My '05 Sundance Optima (1 tub smaller than the Maxxus) has 2 seats with neck jets, so I went to Sundance's site to look @ the Maxxus, and I can see them in the pic (@ least 2 seats with neck jets). They are adjustable .... were they possibly just not turned on?  Anyway, just thought I'd clarify for you.  Good luck!

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:51:15 am »
The Maxxus does indeed have neck jets which are fully adjustable.

Jr.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 10:33:11 am »
If you like the Sundance line of spas, why not try a different model if the Maxxus didn't fit?  I could be wrong but not all models from the same manufacturer will fit you the same.  When we were looking, we first thought we wanted the Altamar until we tried it.  The seats didn't fit us so we tried the Cameo and it was perfect.

Good luck in your search.

Bama

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 03:47:58 pm »
Bama .... I'm kind of suprised that someone didn't jump in with this sooner, but ....I'm quite sure Maxxus DOES have neck jets?  My '05 Sundance Optima (1 tub smaller than the Maxxus) has 2 seats with neck jets, so I went to Sundance's site to look @ the Maxxus, and I can see them in the pic (@ least 2 seats with neck jets). They are adjustable .... were they possibly just not turned on?  Anyway, just thought I'd clarify for you.  Good luck!

Good for you .....Optima is a very nice tub!
There were two  jets they called "neck" jets in a corner seat of the Maxxus, and the sales rep did try to adjust them for me.  However, no matter how the jet was adjusted, it didn't fit my neck!  LOL.  Due to the fact that I had to twist and strain in an effort to get a massage on the trigger points I need, I actually became very tense and tired.  That was a surprise to me.  The main  reason I need a tub is to help ease the state of constant contraction that my muscles are in.  When I tense up...I can not un-tense without help.   My hubby was just fine, but then he's 5' 11" tall and doesn't have any medical issues.
Thanks for your input.
Bama
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:56:26 pm by Bama »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 05:46:12 pm »
With your size, your need for great neck jets and your husband's need for powerful jets, I recommend that you wet test a Marquis Epic before you make your final decision.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 09:25:07 pm »
If you have a Marquis dealer near you , I agree, you should try the Epic. There is no question that it has powerful jets and three seats (including the lounge) have neck jets. At 5'2", I am able to use every seat (the deep therapy seat is a bit deep for me, but it is my favorite).
The Epic is roomy, very versitile and as far a therapy, it is fantastic.
And the more I talk about it the more I think I am going to get a glass of wine and head out right now to enjoy a cool starfilled night in my Epic  ;)  good luck with your search!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 11:54:55 pm »
I recon I must just be that "perfect height" of 5'9" because the neck jets hit me perfectly without any twisting or straining.

Best of luck with whatever you decide on.

Jr

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 08:34:07 am »
Bama,

I don't know if you've made your mind up or not but, check out Bullfrog.  The neckblaster jet pack fits both wife and I great, I'm 6'1", shes 5'2".   I do have to slide a little forward in the seat to get my upper neck, but its still comfortable and the jets are very powerful.
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 08:34:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42