What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SUNDANCE PALERMO OR GULF COAST LX7000??  (Read 5979 times)

JUSTINPLANT

SUNDANCE PALERMO OR GULF COAST LX7000??
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:44:23 am »
HI THERE. I HAVE NARROWED MY SEARCH OF SPAS TO THE SUNDANCE PALERMO AND THE GULF COAST SPA LX7000. THE PALERMO IS $6300 AND THE GULF COAST IS $4700. I AM TRYING TO GET THE MOST FOR MY MONEY. BOTH DEALERS SAY THEY PRODUCT IS THE BEST. I HAVE SEEN SO MANY TUBS BY NOW THAT THEY ARE ALL LOOKING THE SAME. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO YOU CAN !! THANKS.  :)

ONLY HAVE 3 RESPONSES....ANY OTHER OPINIONS PLEASE!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:18:10 pm by JUSTINPLANT »

Hot Tub Forum

SUNDANCE PALERMO OR GULF COAST LX7000??
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:44:23 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: SUNDANCE PALERMO OR GULF COAST LX7000??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:57 am »
You may not want to believe this, but I believe you'll get more for you money with the Sundance than the Gulf Coast.  Of course, I'm biased since I own a Sundance myself.  I can vouch for the quality.  

Search for threads on Gulf Coast- it may open your eyes a bit.

PS

NO NEED TO SHOUT.
Some of us are getting up in years, but we can all still hear. ;)
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 11:00:33 am »
I wouldn't take the Gulf Coast if it were given to me.  Seriously.

The Sundance is an excellent spa and will give you many years of pleasure.

The other will give you a few years of grief.  I've seen it over and over.

Good luck in your shopping and welcome to the forum. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 11:08:48 am »
here I thought Palermo was a frozen pizza..... :-[
Sometimes "cheaper" means "better deal", sometimes "cheap" means "cheap"....I've read good things about Sundance, and some "not so good" things about Gulf Coast....but most of what I've read has been on here, soooooo....take it for what it's worth. Also, check warranties, quality of finished product, jet strength, filtering capability.....and consider each dealer....does one seem more likely to take your money and leave you out in the cold while you wait for service? Is one ready to bend over backwards for you?
It's YOUR money, in the end. You're down to two tubs, have you wet tested either one?
RIP C-Rod

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 06:06:52 pm »
That's the rub.  From what has been reported here, and actually verified by someone claiming to be a VP of Gulf Coast, if you don't follow their overly complicated procedure to register your spa, they yank your warranty.  
 That VP guy who tried to post here months ago suddenly went away when he was pressed by the members of this forum who were merely trying to get some basic information from him.  
 He didn't make a very good impression, IIRC.

Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 06:41:20 pm »
That's the rub.  From what has been reported here, and actually verified by someone claiming to be a VP of Gulf Coast, if you don't follow their overly complicated procedure to register your spa, they yank your warranty.  

I'm not sure that it was overly complicated but just the audacity to say they will not honor the warranty if the registration card is not received in 2 weeks (or something like that). Sure it's nice to have the customer register the spa but to void the warranty is a joke and how they can look themselves in the mirror on that one is beyond me. Next thing you know they'll only accept the registration card if the customer uses purple ink to fill it out.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
220, 221, whatever it takes!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 08:43:13 pm »
Sundance.  I would pay $10,000 for a Palermo if the Gulf Coast was the only other alternative.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 09:03:25 pm »
I would be wary of any company that says you can get away with no chemicals (Gulf Coast).

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 10:43:12 pm »
Having to register your spa in the first place to prevent warranty cancellation is lame.
 I can see where it might be a nice thing to do from the companies perspective, but to require it or else?  
 My Sundance dealer and the factory can look me up and determine when I bought my spa without me having had to do any kind of registration.  
Brewman

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 02:26:00 am »
I know with Marquis the dealer is responsible for registering the spa, the consumer shouldn't have to worry about that stuff.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 02:43:38 pm »

My Sundance dealer and the factory can look me up and determine when I bought my spa without me having had to do any kind of registration.  

Same Here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 02:43:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42