What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ? for Hot Springs Dealers  (Read 5479 times)

Hoosier

• Go Irish!
? for Hot Springs Dealers
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:07:34 pm »
The question is, is there a way to tell if the hot tub that is delivered to your house is fresh from the factory or is a rewrapped floor model? Is there a seal or something that will give a clue that it's not in its factory wrapper?

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Grandee and said I'd like it to come in the same colors as the model we tested. Today I stopped in to see the salesperson and the tub I tested was gone and a different colored Grandee was in its place.

My fear is they took the floor model, repackaged it and are going to deliver it to me.

Is it common practice to send  a floor model without telling the customer?

Am I just being paranoid? :o

Hot Tub Forum

? for Hot Springs Dealers
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:07:34 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: ? for Hot Springs Dealers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:24:21 pm »
Is it common practice to send  a floor model without telling the customer?

Was it a wet floor model or a dry floor model?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hoosier

• Go Irish!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:29:08 pm »
It was a wet floor model.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:37:05 pm »
The answer is yes.

When Hot Spring sends the spa to the dealer, it is wrapped multiple times.  The first layer around the spa is a fine plastic layer, followed by a couple more.  There is also a piece of cardboard and a paper sheet around that cardboard that has a bunch of logos like the Energy Efficiency logo, the High Performance logo, and the HotSpring logo.

After those layers, there is another couple layers of plastic with insulation around each corner of the spa.  There is also foam inside the wrapping to cover the spa shell.

However, some times dealers will unwrap the spa and rewrap it with shrink-wrap when they know that there is going to be an obstacle in the way, as the wrapping adds another four to five inches onto the spa height (or width when on its side).

Ask your dealer up-front if they gave you the floor model.

They probably don't see it as too big of a deal because it couldn't have had more than 7 mos. worth of water in it and the warranty doesn't go into effect until you have it at your house.  But it is a point of concern for you,  obviously.

Check the serial number on your spa.  If they told you they were going to order it in, it should read "GG3G_ _ _ _"

If they gave you the floor model, it will most likely read "GG1G_ _ _ _".

But who's to say they didn't have another Grandee in stock in your colors?

I would start by just asking politely.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:04:39 pm »
My Marquis had a big ass sticker on the seat that I had to remove, do HS have these too?  Kind of like the tags on the matress that say must be removed by end user only.
Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 09:15:08 pm »
Good point. HS has a bunch of stickers on the skimmer lid. More precisely, they are on the shrinkwrap which is wrapped around the skimmer lid.

Here's a tiny picture of how the factory wrapping looks.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:20:10 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 09:27:41 pm »
Chas and Giraffe,

Would you deliver a floor model to a customer without telling them? It sounds unethical to me even though I'm sure the spa would be just fine.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hoosier

• Go Irish!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 09:37:12 pm »
Thanks alot everyone I feel a bit more at ease now.  :)

You guys rock!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:48:41 pm »
Good point. HS has a bunch of stickers on the skimmer lid. More precisely, they are on the shrinkwrap which is wrapped around the skimmer lid.

Here's a tiny picture of how the factory wrapping looks.

Wow, HotSpring delivers really little spas with really little people!! ;) ;D 8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 09:58:12 pm »
Chas and Giraffe,
Would you deliver a floor model to a customer without telling them? It sounds unethical to me even though I'm sure the spa would be just fine.
No. If I have a customer who needs a spa right away, I will OFFER to deliver the floor model - just to speed things up. But it only takes me two or three days to get a spa, so it rarely speeds things up by much.

If I am delivering a floor model, I dust it off well, wrap it well, and carefully deliver it with the full knowledge of the customer, who doesn't get a discount since it costs me labor and hassle to do so, and since we end up having a 'hole' in our showroom until the replacement arives.

Oh - and if it is a wet model, it gets a good blow-dry with the shop vac, new filters, maybe even a new set of pillows.

But no, I would never deliver a floor model spa without the customer knowing it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Danny_L

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 09:59:35 pm »
I just had my Hot Springs Vista delivered last thursday and it was a floor model wrapped in shrinkwrap.  I got a great deal going with the floor model and they did a great job packing it up.  If I was expecting a new factory spa, I would still be highly pissed if they gave me a floor model.  Especially if it was a wet tester.  :o

Good luck with your Grande.  You'll LOVE IT!!!!
2006 Hotsprings Vista

TubsAndCues

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:42:04 pm »
We always specify in writing on our contracts if it's going to be a floor model, or even if there is a chance of it, i.e. we've only got one left and our next truck may not arrive before they want delivery.

Typically, we give a few bucks off for the floor model, but sometimes people have gotten brand new ones when they expected a floor model.  Again, depends on when they wanted delivery vs. another customer.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 10:31:54 am »
Agreed with Chas again... never deliver a floor model unless it is in plain english.  Many times we find ourselves having to wait for a hot tub to come from the factory a little longer than some people want to wait, so we will offer the floor model in its place.

Most people turn it down, but some people take it.  I know of many dealers (of any model) who will pull stunts like that, but I don't.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:32:33 am by giraffeattheoasis »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 11:16:28 am »
Are you dealing with Ed?

It was a wet floor model.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:24:45 pm »
Why wait and see? Call 'em up tommorrow and ask. If you want a wrapped one, tell them.

We would not deliver a wet tester/ floor model without the new spa owner knowing ahead of time. I would not take offense to you asking me the same question.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:24:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42